Sign in to follow this  
Kilroy

Donovan McNabb: QB, Philadelphia Eagles

Donovan McNabb: QB, Philadelphia Eagles  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will McNabb be Steppin Up or Steppin Down in 2009?

• Steppin Up
    • Steppin Down
    • Stayin Put

- Donovan McNabb - Yr 2006 | 10 G | 10 GS | 180 Cmp | 316 Att (57.0%) | 2647 Yds Pa | 18 TD | 6 INT

.............................. - Yr 2007 | 14 G | 14 GS | 291 Cmp | 473 Att (61.5%) | 3324 Yds Pa | 19 TD | 7 INT

.............................. - Yr 2008 | 16 G | 16 GS | 345 Cmp | 571 Att (60.4%) | 3916 Yds Pa | 23 TD | 11 INT

Thoughts from the board?

A couple seasons ago this guy was the fantasy MVP through 10 games until he blew out his knee. Even though Westy is dinged up, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, Celek and Curtis are as solid a group of weapons. If healthy, I think he takes a major step up. Could be a top 5 QB.

I voted staying put. I've always been a fan of McNabb and hope he does really well this year. He's one of those guys that's always managed to do well even without true stud receivers. If he can remain healthy and they get a solid season out of Westy, I agree that McNabb will end up a top 5 QB. My concerns are his health and Westy's health.

As Joey said, I think this is a great year to take him, but make sure to take a serviceable QB2 as well.

I gotta admit, I was all for the Eagles to move on without McNabb at the end of the '08 season. Right now though, I'm kinda thinking he's in for a big season.

I'm hoping he'll throw for about the same yardage, but up his TDs.... and to be more consistent from week to week in how he compiles his stats.

Hard to say though... by the time the season starts my thoughts may change on him again. We'll see... :unsure:

With the elite guys costing a ton.. it's hard to not love him this season.. and as good as Rivers & Rodgers project to be.. i'd feel more comfortable with his track record, weapons (even with Westy on the mend).. and using the savings/better draft position on the other spots.

I think that McNabb is going to have a great year.. I think that he has a great amount of weapons an I see a lot more redzone touchdowns will another big athletic body in Rookie Ingram. D-Jax,Curtis,Maclin and Avant very athletic with great group speed an a lot of ability to run after the catch.. Also some good weapons outta the backfield Westbrook (Health Depending), Shady McCoy and the big guy Weaver.

I think there is a little too much love on McNabb this year. I voted staying put. Westbrook's health is a big factor for McNabb. Historically speaking it takes WR's 3 years to develop. Jackson seems to have beat the curve, but its asking a lot for Maclin to do the same. He had such a rollercoaster season last year I think it's tough for me to think he will be better this year. I'd go Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo, Warner then McNabb...which isn't too off the wall.

See #5 in my signature. :cheers:

and so it shall be noted that Saint Elistan jinxed the iggles in '09. :doublethumbsup:

i voted stayin put. im predicting mcnabb has a sizzling start, cools off mid season, and ends the season with an injury.

and so it shall be noted that Saint Elistan jinxed the iggles in '09. :doublethumbsup:

Oh man...the ire of Philadelphia will be dangerous. :cheers:

I'll say staying put, to slightly up

Curtis is coming back, which will help

The health of "Wessy" and the revamped O-line will determine alot this season.

This is a tough call. The online is going to be better hopefully but what weapons have the really added from last year. There really is now go to WR on that team. How healthy will Westy be and if he is not healthy, is there anyone who can fill in for him.

As much as I'd love to see him be a late round steal, and I think he will be I think expectations have to be moderated just a bit because it is still the SOS with Philly, no real possession WR to speak of on that team.

I gotta admit, I was all for the Eagles to move on without McNabb at the end of the '08 season. Right now though, I'm kinda thinking he's in for a big season.

I'm hoping he'll throw for about the same yardage, but up his TDs.... and to be more consistent from week to week in how he compiles his stats.

Hard to say though... by the time the season starts my thoughts may change on him again. We'll see... :o

That sentiment was shared by many Eagle fans and i just couldn't figure it out.

and so it shall be noted that Saint Elistan jinxed the iggles in '09. :unsure:

i voted stayin put. im predicting mcnabb has a sizzling start, cools off mid season, and ends the season with an injury.

Ah, that Cowboy wishful thinking. I am not saying he won't have an injury, I just think it is funny that a Cowboy fan would predict McNabb to have an injury.

That sentiment was shared by many Eagle fans and i just couldn't figure it out.

Well, I still don't think he's much of a leader. He tends to mope far too often. His accuracy isn't great. Plus there's a few other reasons. With that said, it just feels like the moves the Eagles made this offseason have lined up right for McNabb to come through with a strong season.

Things could change quickly though once the season is underway.

This is a tough call. The online is going to be better hopefully but what weapons have the really added from last year. There really is now go to WR on that team. How healthy will Westy be and if he is not healthy, is there anyone who can fill in for him.

As much as I'd love to see him be a late round steal, and I think he will be I think expectations have to be moderated just a bit because it is still the SOS with Philly, no real possession WR to speak of on that team.

I am not saying the weapons they added this off-season will be all that, but to say they didn't add weapons means you weren't paying attention.

Fullback - Added an experienced WCO fullback (Weaver). Gives another pass catching option.

Halfback - Added a rookie with similarities to Westbrook (McCoy). Gives a pass catching option when Westbrook is out of the game.

Tight End - Drafted a well thought of college tight end coming off an injury (Ingram). Gives a good pass catching option if healthy.

Wide Receiver - Used first round pick on consensus 2nd best pass receiver in the draft (Maclin). With experience, should be a dynamic weapon. the rookie WR from last year who performed well (Jackson), will have a year of experience and could be that "Go to" receiver that you say the team does not have.

I am not saying the weapons they added this off-season will be all that, but to say they didn't add weapons means you weren't paying attention.

Fullback - Added an experienced WCO fullback (Weaver). Gives another pass catching option.

Halfback - Added a rookie with similarities to Westbrook (McCoy). Gives a pass catching option when Westbrook is out of the game.

Tight End - Drafted a well thought of college tight end coming off an injury (Ingram). Gives a good pass catching option if healthy.

Wide Receiver - Used first round pick on consensus 2nd best pass receiver in the draft (Maclin). With experience, should be a dynamic weapon. the rookie WR from last year who performed well (Jackson), will have a year of experience and could be that "Go to" receiver that you say the team does not have.

The table has been set for him this season. His biggest obstacle is just staying healthy. He did it last year, if he can do it this season I can see him in another Superbowl.

Hopefully he brings some Pepto this this time :overhead:

Hopefully he brings some Pepto this time :doublethumbsup:

...or better yet, some testicular fortitude... :overhead: