Sign in to follow this  
Doozer

Ray Rice

McClain came to camp twenty pounds heavier and is apparently assuming more of a fullback role....

Do you think Rice will challenge McGahee for carries week one or at all this season?

Do you think McGahee will be able to hold up for another season?

With McClain unofficially moving to FB and getting primarily GL carries that leaves 150+ carries up for grabs who do you think is going to get them?

McGahee had cleanup surgery on his knee, and arthroscopic surgery on his ankle this offseason and has been practicing w/ the second team while Rice has gotten the first team reps, please share your thoughts and perspective on this intriguing 7.11 ADP (12 team) back.

McClain came to camp twenty pounds heavier and is apparently assuming more of a fullback role....

Do you think Rice will challenge McGahee for carries week one or at all this season?

Do you think McGahee will be able to hold up for another season?

With McClain unofficially moving to FB and getting primarily GL carries that leaves 150+ carries up for grabs who do you think is going to get them?

McGahee had cleanup surgery on his knee, and arthroscopic surgery on his ankle this offseason and has been practicing w/ the second team while Rice has gotten the first team reps, please share your thoughts and perspective on this intriguing 7.11 ADP (12 team) back.

I absolutely think Rice will challenge! McGahee is going to be 28 this year. He's getting close to that dreaded age 30, where most running backs lose it. Rice is a nice back with some great skills. With McGahees injury history it's prolly a good idea to get Rice into the mix. If McGahee wins the job outright and stays healthy he's a lock for 1200+ yards. He's very consistant when on the field and can definitly be a very effective runner, but the Ravens must think about the future and Rice is young and ready.

I am targeting Rice in many drafts. I think he takes over this year. McGahee might make a little noise.

I think Rice could see a lot of work this year, but don't think McGahee will be chopped liver, either (until he gets injured, that is). It's the last year of his contract and the Ravens will probably get everything they can out of him before he falls apart. I'm waiting till camp and the preseason to make my real judgments on Baltimore backs, but I could see Rice and McGahee both approaching 200 carries this year. Rice seems good for 30-40 catches as well. Both will be likely be limited by McClain's presence in terms of TDs, though.

It's the last year of (McGahee's) contract and the Ravens will probably get everything they can out of him before he falls apart.

Actually, McGahee is under contract through 2013.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=2265

It has been speculated that McGahee would probably have been cut by now if it weren't such an extraordinary cap hit to do so. He really is a bargain for 2010 at a little over $2mil compared to the cap hit of $10mil+ if they cut him. His base salary in 2010 is $3.6mil, so he would still need to make a real nuisance of himself to be worth cutting. In 2011 and beyond his salary is $6mil+, by which time he will be 30, so I highly doubt he will see that money. Regardless, the Ravens' management has painted themselves into a bit of a corner with his contract.

Strange--I really thought he was done after this season. I probably took all the talk about him getting cut or traded and somehow translated that to "last year in BAL."

Rice will make an impact and get his share of touches....plus he will be on the field for all 3rd downs, IMO.

He is an awsome receiver as well as a runner........next year he will really shine and take over the offense, IMO.

Rice will be good this year, and great next year.

I am in a keeper league and I will stash him on my roster this year, so i can reap the rewards next year. :dunno:

Actually, McGahee is under contract through 2013.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=2265

It has been speculated that McGahee would probably have been cut by now if it weren't such an extraordinary cap hit to do so. He really is a bargain for 2010 at a little over $2mil compared to the cap hit of $10mil+ if they cut him. His base salary in 2010 is $3.6mil, so he would still need to make a real nuisance of himself to be worth cutting. In 2011 and beyond his salary is $6mil+, by which time he will be 30, so I highly doubt he will see that money. Regardless, the Ravens' management has painted themselves into a bit of a corner with his contract.

I agree.

my thought is that they may play him as the starter early in the season.

Not necessarily because he is better,(althought that could be the case) but to draw interest from teams looking to trade for a starting RB. If they can trade away their problem, and get something in return, this may not be an issue.

either way, until he has fully rehabbed his injury, Rice is the man.

It's the new NFL, no such thing as a featured back anymore.

McGahee/Rice to get the bulk and McLame to get goaline.

It's the new NFL, no such thing as a featured back anymore.

McGahee/Rice to get the bulk and McLame to get goaline.

:rolleyes: