Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Vick likely to Jags.....Per Rotoworld

I know that there are a lot of rumors flying around out there (redskins, 49ers), but this is described as "looking more and more real". Garrard would likely remain the starter I assume, but I could see Vick coming in often and potentially stealing some touches from Keg-Legs. I know this is a hypothectical situation at this point, but draft night is rapidly approaching. Any thoughts?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=146516

I know that there are a lot of rumors flying around out there (redskins, 49ers), but this is described as "looking more and more real". Garrard would likely remain the starter I assume, but I could see Vick coming in often and potentially stealing some touches from Keg-Legs. I know this is a hypothectical situation at this point, but draft night is rapidly approaching. Any thoughts?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=146516

I hope he goes there, because people would over-react and think that he will take MJD's value away when he will have zero net impact. That may make MJD slide a few more spots.

Great Team for him -- Garrard is a better passing slower version oh Micheal Vick. Vicvk could step in as a back up here easily. Thing is Garrard is better right now as a overall QB than Vick maybe ever was

Garrard is a better passing slower version oh Micheal Vick.

Because he's black? So is Eli Manning, and just about every other NFL QB.

Because he's black? So is Eli Manning, and just about every other NFL QB.

Really? Garrard is a QB that can get yards by scrambling. He's a good runner while Eli is not. If Moz had said "Leftwhich" maybe you would have a point.

Honestly, I think Vick would not go to a team unless he thought he would/could be the starter.

I guess Jax isnt a horrible place for him to go, but their QB has been at least Decent when healthy. If I'm Vick I'd be dialing up teams with more QB issues.

Either way if I'm Vick, I'd have his agent calling Cleveland, Washington, Buffalo, Tennessee, Minnesota (now that Farve is retired) and maybe even San Fran and Miami (Pennington is fine, but gets hurt a lot)

all of the above teams should need a QB a lot more than Jax does. Garrard Passed for 3400 yards last year with crap for receivers. I think that at least makes him adequate.

so Vick to the Jags does not make a lot of sense to me.

I have a feeling because of the PR, teams who are interested in Vick, won't say so/claim they're not, until right before they sign him.

Doubt he'll sign anywhere to after the season opener. Nobody wants a fiasco taking away from opening day.

Regardless of where Vick signs he is undraftable due to his status as a 'maybe' for up to 6 weeks. As for his impact on the team he signs with, I'd go ahead and ignore his presence altogether. If he goes to a team to start (Minnesota? Carolina?) it doesn't matter because you didn't draft one of their terrible QBs to begin with. If he goes to a team as the presumptive wildcat option then his presence on the field might slightly enhance the value of the other weapons as opposing Defences are forced to pay attention to another threat. The most likely scenario is that he has zero fantasy impact on any player on his new team save the quarterback he is trying to replace (whom you wouldn't have touched with a 10' pole anyway).

Honestly, I think Vick would not go to a team unless he thought he would/could be the starter.

If that's the case, he'll be hard pressed to sign with anyone. The guy was a mediocre NFL starting QB when he last played. His main asset was his athleticism. There's been nothing that has happened in the last couple years to improve either his skill set or athleticism. To the contrary, he's older, rusty, and been far removed from NFL-caliber workouts, diet, etc.

As much as all the interest in an aging Favre baffled me, at least he's a guy who has demonstrated NFL level skills more recently than 2006. Vick is a sideshow, something for ESPN and sports radio to use to fill the dog days of the sports calendar. He'll never be a significant NFL player again.