Sign in to follow this  
scasarano

Ray Rice vs. Darren McFadden ?

Suggestions?

10 team, 2 keeper league with 2 Oflex. Keeping SJax and P. Thomas. Will most likely be deciding between these 2 for one of my oflex. McFadden is the unquestioned starter in OAK but Rice is on a better team and is looking like the starter, but may lose carries to McGahee.

Looks like I'll be facing a similar choice, and although I think McFadden is the better back, I like Ray Rice better. When you get down to RB2-3, almost all are RBBC and Rice seems to be in line for the bulk of the load in Baltimore. Also, aside from the Pitt games, they're schedule against the run looks pretty good as well.

Regarding DMcF, the whole circus in Oakland drives me away. And with an inexperienced QB with no WRs, seems like he will be facing a lot of extra folks in the box. I also would not call him the unquestioned starter, as it looks to be another clear RBBC situation there, with Michael Bush and Justin Fargas taking some carries for sure.

Suggestions?

10 team, 2 keeper league with 2 Oflex. Keeping SJax and P. Thomas. Will most likely be deciding between these 2 for one of my oflex. McFadden is the unquestioned starter in OAK but Rice is on a better team and is looking like the starter, but may lose carries to McGahee.

Where did you hear this? Do you have anything to back it up???

Where did you hear this? Do you have anything to back it up???

Get over yourself, jerk. Its common knowledge that McFadden is the best RB on OAK.

Get over yourself, jerk. Its common knowledge that McFadden is the best RB on OAK.

This is code for... I made it up... lol

This is code for... I made it up... lol

:thumbsup: Mental note, scasarano believes his own lies so much he gets angry when they are questioned.

Based on what? Lots of RBs are fast. McFadden needs to prove he's the best. RIght now he gives me a Michael Bennett vibe. Or a Trung Canidate.

Bush might be the best back in Oakland depending on what you value at RB in terms of all around skills. Big, fast, makes smart decisions.

Don't we need to see more of McFadden at this point. He was a gimp last year. So, who knows. Right now we know one thing, he's fast. However, he does get caught from behind. He's not Chris Johnson fast.

Based on what? Lots of RBs are fast. McFadden needs to prove he's the best. RIght now he gives me a Michael Bennett vibe. Or a Trung Canidate.

Bush might be the best back in Oakland depending on what you value at RB in terms of all around skills. Big, fast, makes smart decisions.

Don't we need to see more of McFadden at this point. He was a gimp last year. So, who knows. Right now we know one thing, he's fast. However, he does get caught from behind. He's not Chris Johnson fast.

Found this on Yahoo:

August 16th:

OAK, Head Coach Tom Cable mentioned that he was looking to get McFadden more than 20 touches in a game, which is a good sign for McFadden's fantasy owners.

Found this on Yahoo:

August 16th:

OAK, Head Coach Tom Cable mentioned that he was looking to get McFadden more than 20 touches in a game, which is a good sign for McFadden's fantasy owners.

That's not much if they run 60 times a game like they need to :thumbsup:

McFadden is a star in the making... if they ever get a passing/receiving threat... he'll be even more deadly.

Two names for Rice owners.... McGahee & McClain. Baltimore will not have a primary back. Rice is overrated IMO.

McFadden should be the featured player on their offense. Sure he might lose a few carries to Bush/Fargas. But he should make up for that with receptions. Last year he was hampered by turf toe. He should be better this year!

Ray Rice... imo Rice is the more talented back with a better o-line and a more competitive defense... and some form of passing attack.

As to the quote saying they were going to get McFadden 20+ touches a game... he'll be injured by week four if they do that... don't think McFadden is capable of being a workhorse back, granted he has his unique skill set...

Two names for Rice owners.... McGahee & McClain. Baltimore will not have a primary back. Rice is overrated IMO.

---Two names for McFadden owners, Bush and Fargas... are you that blind?

I like the people around here who call McFadden the unquestioned best back in OAK. They've obvioulsy never seen Bush play. His senior he was predicted to be a high first round pick and was in the Heisman talk until he broke his leg. He's a big, strong back that has very good speed. It took him a long time to get over his injury, which was a very nasty break as I recall. Plus, he's done pretty well with his limited opportunities up to this point.

I'm not saying that McFadden isn't the better back because I just don't know. But, to say that McFadden is hands down better than Bush is utter cr@p.