Sign in to follow this  
Synister

Steve Slaton

I agree. Very few guys available after the top 8 picks are looking at 20+ touches a game.

No way he should be available after the top 8...ESPECIALLY in a ppr league.

PPR should probably go,

1.AP

2.Forte

3.MJD

4.Slaton

5.Gore

6.Turner

7.Chris Johnson

8.Fitzgerald

9.LT2

10.A.Johnson

I draft 11th this Saturday.

Please STFU!

Thank you, that is all.

Yeah, I'm drafting 10th.

Slaton sucks.

I might take him as my RB2 if he is there at 2.3

Maybe.

But probably not...because he SUCKS!

Yeah, I'm drafting 10th.

Slaton sucks.

Maybe.

Yeah, that's what I meant! A "monster" bust.

(He won't be there at 10 regardless)

Yeah, I'm drafting 10th.

Slaton sucks.

Maybe.

+1 We can all wait until after next week Thursday to talk about whether he's good. Until then, he sucks and will be lucky to play 4 games this year. Don't expect more than 2 TD's and 8 catches. :music_guitarred:

I heard the Texans are so impressed with Chris Brown that they're looking to trade Slaton.

Slaton top 5 back this season. Call is a hunch, but this kid can play.

Just to bring the topic back to a serious note for a moment...Isn't anyone concerned with Chris Brown vulturing all the short TD's?? I know, I know...Everybody say that Brown will be hurt by week 2. But as everyone always says, "you can't predict injuries"...so what if Brown DOESN'T get hurt for a change. Can you still truly love Slaton's upside if you can't expect too many TD's?? What type of projections would everyone have for Slaton if Brown doesn't get hurt??

Just to bring the topic back to a serious note for a moment...Isn't anyone concerned with Chris Brown vulturing all the short TD's?? I know, I know...Everybody say that Brown will be hurt by week 2. But as everyone always says, "you can't predict injuries"...so what if Brown DOESN'T get hurt for a change. Can you still truly love Slaton's upside if you can't expect too many TD's?? What type of projections would everyone have for Slaton if Brown doesn't get hurt??

Slaton had 10 TD's last year, 9 of which were rushes. Of these rushing TD's, here is the breakdown of distance:

6 yards

1 yard (goaline)

1 yard (goaline)

1 yard (goaline)

20 yards

71 yards

7 yards

40 yards

2 yards (goaline)

A goaline vulture is a guy that will steal those 1 and 2 yard "punch it in" type TD's, of which Slaton had 4 last year. As you can see he is a threat to take it to the house from just about any distance, so I think his TD's will come, just in less frequency. However, this should be countered with the fact that I think they will use him a little more in the passing game, as he is another year into the offense and I think he has proven that he can be a workhorse.

So to answer your question about projections with Brown being in the mix throughout the season I'd say he's capable of:

1300 yards/5 TD's, 66 receptions for 450 yards/3 TD's

In my league (.5ppr) that equates to 256 points. That would have made him RB#5 last year behind: Williams (301.5), Turner (283.1),

Forte (275) and TJones (258.9).

Isn't anyone concerned with Chris Brown vulturing all the short TD's??

I am.

Slaton is a nice #2 RB, but I enjoy all the "Slaton as my first RB" talk, and I hope many of you are owners in my leagues.

I'll be concerned if I see that Duckett is signed by the Texans. Brown isn't a goal line back.

I'm hoping all the Slaton doubters are in my league!