Sign in to follow this  
ddies23

Colston a legit WR1

Hand injury last year caused him to miss half the season and really didnt get healthy until about week 13. In 2007 he had 98/1202/11. If he stays healthy, I easily see him matching/surpassing these numbers.

I am consistently seeing Colston go after Smith, Boldin and White in mock drafts. Has this been holding true for those of you that have drafted already?

ive said it before... if if compare Fitz, Calvin and Colston weeks 10-17 last season (week 10 is when colston came back from thumb injury)... their rec, yrds, td are almost identical... i think he could be top 5 this year.

I wouldn't take him over Steve Smith but you can certainly argue taking him over the others. In my draft this weekend, Colston is going after Smith and White.

I was able to get him in round 6 of a ten team league. Pairing him with Calvin. Too bad they still don't consider him a TE. :thumbsdown:

I was able to get him in round 6 of a ten team league. Pairing him with Calvin. Too bad they still don't consider him a TE. :thumbsdown:

round 6? why so low?

Hand injury last year caused him to miss half the season and really didnt get healthy until about week 13. In 2007 he had 98/1202/11. If he stays healthy, I easily see him matching/surpassing these numbers.

I am consistently seeing Colston go after Smith, Boldin and White in mock drafts. Has this been holding true for those of you that have drafted already?

I have him behind Smith and White and right ahead of Boldin. You basically already said why he's going lower than those guys: "if he stays healthy." I think people (myself included) are worried about him staying healthy (same for Boldin).

round 6? why so low?

I was able to get Colston in round 6 as well. Guys like Bowe, Ocho Cinco, Boldin all went before Colston.

I was able to get him in round 6 of a ten team league. Pairing him with Calvin. Too bad they still don't consider him a TE. :thumbsup:

Round 6? That is unbelievable. He should never last long. He is going late second/early third in most drafts. I am considering taking him at 2.06. May be reaching a little, but ADP is about 2.12 right now.

I have him behind Smith and White and right ahead of Boldin. You basically already said why he's going lower than those guys: "if he stays healthy." I think people (myself included) are worried about him staying healthy (same for Boldin).

I dont disagree with your "injury risk" point, but hasnt Steve Smith missed games due to injury every year he has been in the league other than last year when he missed 2 games to suspension?

I have always been a fan of Steve Smith. But look at his numbers. He has had only one really good season, 2005. 1563/12. He is a solid #2 and should get you 6-8 td's. He does have potential for more, yes...but I really think people are trying to get 2005 #'s out of him for where he is usually drafted.

I dont disagree with your "injury risk" point, but hasnt Steve Smith missed games due to injury every year he has been in the league other than last year when he missed 2 games to suspension?

I have always been a fan of Steve Smith. But look at his numbers. He has had only one really good season, 2005. 1563/12. He is a solid #2 and should get you 6-8 td's. He does have potential for more, yes...but I really think people are trying to get 2005 #'s out of him for where he is usually drafted.

He missed 1 game in 2007 and 2 in 2006. Yes he missed most of 2004 but he played in all 16 games in 2003 and 2005. Colston missed 5 last year and 2 in 2006. Edit: Yes he's a bit of an injury risk, but a little bit less so than Colston IMO.

I don't think people expect 2005 numbers from Smith, or else he would be drafted in the same group as Fitz/Moss/AJ/Calvin. Only 6 TD's last year, but 1420 yards in 14 games is pretty crazy--101.5 yards per game!

Round 6 in any league, even an 8-teamer, would be flat-out silly for Colston. I can see him slipping to late-third if people are concerned about his microfracture surgery, but I have him fairly even with Roddy White/Greg Jennings as a late 2nd/early 3rd.

He missed 1 game in 2007 and 2 in 2006. Yes he missed most of 2004 but he played in all 16 games in 2003 and 2005. Colston missed 5 last year and 2 in 2006. Edit: Yes he's a bit of an injury risk, but a little bit less so than Colston IMO.

I don't think people expect 2005 numbers from Smith, or else he would be drafted in the same group as Fitz/Moss/AJ/Calvin. Only 6 TD's last year, but 1420 yards in 14 games is pretty crazy--101.5 yards per game!

Yeah, Smith put up some nice receiving yard totals last year! Another thing is the Panthers run the ball so good, they dont feature him around the goal line. Colston is heavily involved in the redzone......I think I just convinced myself.

I took Colston in the 3rd as my WR-1 at my draft this wknd. ahead of Boldin. Boldin went two picks later. I was worried about Boldin's injury proneness and Warner's age. Anyhow, Roddy, Jennings and the other consensus WR's were gone by my pick or I would have taken them ahead of MC. I really like Colston's ceiling, playoff schedule and QB sitch.

I got Colston matched up with Andre Johnson!

That's a good WR duo there if they stay healthy. For my 3rd I couldn't decide between Lee Evans or Braylon Edwards. I picked Evans, and now I'm doubting myself. What if Edwards goes back to the way he did 2 years ago!

I grabbed Colston at 3.9 (in a 10 team draft, PPR league)

He was the 9th Receiver off the board, followed by Chad 85 at 4.1, and then I got S. Smith as the 11th at 4.2

In a silly 8 team league, but with quality owners (standard scoring)

Colston went as the 9th Receiver again at 4.4, right after S. Smith 4.3, followed by Bowe 4.6 then Boldin 4.7.

I took Colston in the 3rd as my WR-1 at my draft this wknd. ahead of Boldin. Boldin went two picks later. I was worried about Boldin's injury proneness and Warner's age. Anyhow, Roddy, Jennings and the other consensus WR's were gone by my pick or I would have taken them ahead of MC. I really like Colston's ceiling, playoff schedule and QB sitch.

Boldin/Smith/Colston all seem to have an "injury risk" label on them which bothers me a bit. But after the consensus Wr's are gone, of these three, best upside, for THIS year, I think Colston has the least question marks and the highest ceiling. I take him without hesitation.

I think he is. Lets say Brees throws 30 tds. I would expect Colston to grab at least 8. Maybe not big time #1 numbers but for sure low-end #1wr material. I had the 3rd pick and took him in the 2nd and then grabbed R. White in the 3rd. I think Rb-Wr-Wr is the best way to go this year with a high pick.

I think he is. Lets say Brees throws 30 tds. I would expect Colston to grab at least 8. Maybe not big time #1 numbers but for sure low-end #1wr material. I had the 3rd pick and took him in the 2nd and then grabbed R. White in the 3rd. I think Rb-Wr-Wr is the best way to go this year with a high pick.

I was actually on bored with you for a moment until I read your sig and saw that you also drafted Orton, Marshall and Prater. Go Broncos?

I was actually on bored with you for a moment until I read your sig and saw that you also drafted Orton, Marshall and Prater. Go Broncos?

Not a Broncos fan. I was waiting on Palmer and he was taken right before me and was forced to take Cutler(meh). I just took Orton with my next to last pick hoping he might have a nice little stretch of games like he did last year for the Bears. I am probably going to play match-ups or try and trade for a better Qb. Prater was just a last round kicker pick. I am actually a Vikings fan.

I like Colston this year and think he is certainly a #1. I think I have him #10 on my board.

But I find it interesting that all summer I havent heard anyone talking about the fact that he had microsurgery in January. Bush's surgery has gotten a lot of press, and for good reason. But I didnt even realize Colston had the surgery until I was doing some research on the procedure to make myself feel better about reluctantly drafting Bush this weekend.

Id still draft him with confidence but it is something to consider. Especially when "injury risks" enters the conversation. But this is the NFL, and Ive come to the realization that EVERY player is 1 play away from being an injury risk.

Not a Broncos fan. I was waiting on Palmer and he was taken right before me and was forced to take Cutler(meh). I just took Orton with my next to last pick hoping he might have a nice little stretch of games like he did last year for the Bears. I am probably going to play match-ups or try and trade for a better Qb. Prater was just a last round kicker pick. I am actually a Vikings fan.

Still alot of Bye possitions to fill there.