Sign in to follow this  
TheGiantJets

I traded Tomlinson...was it a good move?

I've had Tomlinson in my big money, 1 keeper league, since 2002 when we first started it. I felt Tomlinson will do good this year but he has a lot of carries under his belt now and time will wear on him soon also Sproles is looming. I traded him right after our draft this weekend for Maurice Jones-Drew. Felt MJD was a rising star now Freddy left. Check out my team after the draft. I had the 3rd pick in a 1 keeper league. Iffy on my 2nd RB's and my WR's are great but the depth is a great tight end.

QB- Kurt Warner

RB- MJD (After the LT trade)

RB- Ronnie Brown

WR- Randy Moss

WR- Greg Jennings

WR- Terrell Owens

K- Akers

Def - Jets

Bench- Tony Gonzalez

Bench- Thomas Jones

Bench- Leon Washington

Bench- Julius Jones

Bench- McNabb (Week 4 bye same as warner, will probably trade)

Not sold on MJD as he hasn't been an every down back yet in his career. He is a small guy and I don't see his value going up much at all. He reminds me a lot of FWP. You got screwed because LT gets a ton of catches out of the backfield.

atm that trade looks to be in your favor. Lets see if mjd lives up to expectations. Nice team other than that.

I agree with the previous post. LT will have a comeback year this year and MJD just will not ever be as versatile as LT. I think you jumped a couple of years early with LT. People forget real quick, HE WAS HURT LAST YEAR!! He is still a stud, and he will post elite numbers this year with the continued improvement of Rivers.

Screw these guys. MJD in a keeper is much better than LT. He will be an elite RB for years to come while LT is on his last legs. Nice trade!!

Screw these guys. MJD in a keeper is much better than LT. He will be an elite RB for years to come while LT is on his last legs. Nice trade!!

:thumbsdown:

LT is near the end of his career. Maybe he plays well this year, or maybe he gets hurt again, or loses one step too many.

I got burned a few years ago using my #1 pick on Shaun Alexander after everyone was sure he had at least one more good year in him. Well he was D-O-N-E and he sunk my team. I would make the same trade you did in a second.

Ditto.

What was that bit about getting screwed "because LT gets a ton of catches out of the backfield"? It's been 5 seasons since LT put up the receiving numbers that MJD did in 2008.

I think LT may still have some gas in the tank, but the upside is with MJD.

I've rode the Tomlinson wave this long and thought it be wise to find the next stud running back. I missed Peterson and he's the one owners keeper. MJD reminds me of the next Westbrook but more durable. I think he'll put up the TD's, rushing yds and receiving yards. I will miss the Tomlinson TD passes though

Why is Ronnie Brown a starter over Thomas Jones?

Brown sucked for 8 weeks to end the season last year.

I'd let him show me something before I started him week 1 this year.

Why is Ronnie Brown a starter over Thomas Jones?

Brown sucked for 8 weeks to end the season last year.

I'd let him show me something before I started him week 1 this year.

Because of Leon Washington thats why Kent, thats why

So, you've had LT as a keeper since 2002 (7 seasons), and now you trade him for MJD. Looks like a pretty savvy move to me, you should be able to keep MJD for 7 years or so if luck goes your way.

Sure it's possible that LT might be better than MJD this year, but you'll be fine with MJD, and you can use him for much longer that LT. I'll use the used car analogy, you got a lot of miles out of LT, and you sold when there was still something left in his tank. That enabled you to trade for value, and now you have your shiny new car in MJD.

I love the move. Good Job!