Sign in to follow this  
Cin-De

Why am I not sold on TEN RB Chris Johnson?

He seems to be going somewhere around 13 overall in most Drafts. I don't see it. Last year his RB teammate outscored him 15 TDs to 10. And I don't think anything has changed dramatically in the team's approach this season.

Picking 10th (& 11th) in a 10 team redtraft, I can't see taking CJ when several really good WR and QB will be sitting there.

Possibly I could take WRs HOU AJohnson or DET Calvin Johnson and then QBs NE TBrady or NO DBrees. Then come back at 30 and 31 and grab 2 of either GB RGrant MIA RBrown NO PThomas DEN KMoreno DET KSmith.

It would appear that I would have a better team staying away from CJ in the 10 / 11 hole.

He seems to be going somewhere around 13 overall in most Drafts. I don't see it. Last year his RB teammate outscored him 15 TDs to 10. And I don't think anything has changed dramatically in the team's approach this season.

Picking 10th (& 11th) in a 10 team redtraft, I can't see taking CJ when several really good WR and QB will be sitting there.

Possibly I could take WRs HOU AJohnson or DET Calvin Johnson and then QBs NE TBrady or NO DBrees. Then come back at 30 and 31 and grab 2 of either GB RGrant MIA RBrown NO PThomas DEN KMoreno DET KSmith.

It would appear that I would have a better team staying away from CJ in the 10 / 11 hole.

I did exactly what your are considering. Took Brady and Calvin in the first two.

CJ isn't top 10 overall IMO, but he's still capable of going nuts every week. He will win some teams there week all by himself.

Its a gut call on how you draft him.

Not liking him at all...gut feeling that Lendale ends up with only slightly less FF pts this year. And you can get him 4 rounds later.

True.

I still beleive that CJ outgained White in overall yardage somewhere around 1,500- 800. CJ also had like 100 more touches than White both in the run/pass game. He topped him 5 to 4 in YPC. He started 14/16 games. I see no reason why Johnson can't improve on his 08 numbers...he is someone I would take in the first round...as he is their best weapon and centerpeice of their offense. I mean even if there are a few games where White vultures the TD's...it's a safe bet that CJ will have something like 150 total yards...cause more than likely he'll be the one getting them down the field.

True.

I still beleive that CJ outgained White in overall yardage somewhere around 1,500- 800. CJ also had like 100 more touches than White both in the run/pass game. He topped him 5 to 4 in YPC. He started 14/16 games. I see no reason why Johnson can't improve on his 08 numbers...he is someone I would take in the first round...as he is their best weapon and centerpeice of their offense. I mean even if there are a few games where White vultures the TD's...it's a safe bet that CJ will have something like 150 total yards...cause more than likely he'll be the one getting them down the field.

Well, there is the fact that he's a second year player, and 2nd year RBs who have success in their rookie seasons tend to dip in their second seasons. Even the best among them dip, if only a little. Edgerrin James, for instance, led the league in rushing his first two seasons . . . but his first was better.

It's more than reasonable to think that last year's numbers are a ceiling for 2009.

Big fan of Cj and would love to have him on my team but I also agree. Hes bettered served as a RB2. You get frustrated the weeks that CJ gets all the way to the 10 yard line only to see White run it in. Now if Lendale White was not on the team I would bump CJ to mid first round to possibly top 3 . But as of now I can think of so many RB's I would take before him if I want to win.

I'm thinking he's more a RB2 also. Maybe a # 2 to the Forte or SJax owner picking in the middle of the draft.

Exactly how I got him yesterday (10-15 in a 12 team redraft). I hadn't planned on going RB-RB this year, but with CJ available at 15 and the top QBs gone, I couldn't really pass on him.

:thumbsdown:

Cin-De Cin-De Cin-De

we can add 3 more long td's to his already impressive highlight reel. How about a 91 yarder for the Titan's all time longest run in history :doublethumbsup: