Sign in to follow this  
emdig66

***College Football Betting Thread***

Personally not a good first week for me. Here are a few games I like.

South Carolina +7

Oregon -11.5

Ohio St +6.5

Kansas -11

PhillyBear, Ditka, Toledo - any feedback?

In all honesty, before this weeks lines came out I figured USC would be -14.5 (or more). I'm amazed it is only -6.5 at the moment. That said, I've already placed a pretty good wager on USC. I look at it this way. Even if I lose, I think USC is a great bet percentage wise. Ohio State hasn't won a big non-conference game in quite some time. In fact, they tend to not even compete in such games.

NCAA: 13-19 -9.25 units

I promised myself I wouldn't chase losses and sure enough week 1 I chase in the 2nd half on the CSU/Colorado game and end up costing myself over 5 units. Hopefully I can stay strong and resist the urge.

2 games I jumped on very early as I think the line will move up several points.

North Carolina -4 3 units

USC -6 2 units

Couple dogs jumped out at me this week that I like...

Syracuse +28.5- I'm a big PSU fan but this line seems high. Cuse played pretty even with Minnesota who should be a bowl eligible team out of the Big Ten. Penn State is a much stiffer test but I think Paulus showed great poise (until the last play) and that him and Williams can do a little something against a shaky PSU secondary. I think PSU wins pretty easy but this just seems like a lot of points. PSU was shaky in the 2nd half on offense and only beat Akron by 24, and I think Syracuse is a better team.

Stanford +3- I really like what Harbaugh is doing with this Stanford team. Think they are an underrated team in the Pac 10 this year. Tough cross country trip, but wouldnt be suprised to see Stanford get the W here.

South Carolina +7- This just seems like a lot of points in what should be a very low scoring game. Love the South Carolina defense and think that Spurrier will find a way to put a few points on the board offensively. I wasn't that impressed with Georgia against a good Okie State team.

Michigan +3.5- Just a gut instinct here. Think Notre Dame is being over hyped and that Rich Rodriguez has Michigan back on the rise. Always tough to win in the Big House.

Ohio State +7- This one could blow up in my face. USC has the talent to win big here. I'm just banking on OSU having something to prove. They've been embarrased the last 3 times they had big non conference games on the national stage. I'm also expecting Barkley to be a little rattled in his first big time road test. The Horseshoe will be rocking im sure. If Pryor stays on his game, and Ohio State contains the many talented RB's of USC, I think they hang in this game.

Michigan +3.5- Just a gut instinct here. Think Notre Dame is being over hyped and that Rich Rodriguez has Michigan back on the rise. Always tough to win in the Big House.

tell that to Appalachian State and Toledo.

For the record, i think Notre Dame is perenially over-hyped but its gonna take a little more than a win over Western Michigan to think Michigan is back on the rise. I wont be touching that game. I wouldnt be shocked if either team won that game by two touchdowns.

games i've played:

S. Miss -14.5 ucf could barely beat samford (and sons) at home while s. miss looks ready to roll under 2nd yr coach larry fedora's high flying offense. lay it, big home win for smiss, who won easily last yr at ucf.

Wash St. ML +110 taking the home team in an even game between 2 horrible teams. hawaii just not good away from home, even when they were good.

L. Lafayette +7.5 I'm a Kansas State fan and i watched us struggle to win by 4 over umass at home. our off/def lines didnt dominate like they should over lower div school and our QB play was erratic. lafayette did lose some talent from last year but this should be one of the better home games ULL will ever see and the place should be rockin, its a night game in louisiana. think its 50/50 as to who wins, let alone KSU winning by more than a TD.

Personally not a good first week for me. Here are a few games I like.

South Carolina +7

Oregon -11.5

Ohio St +6.5

Kansas -11

PhillyBear, Ditka, Toledo - any feedback?

i like 3/4 of these. do think oregon bounces back at home, 7 seems like a lot for georgia to cover in a low scoring game, ku should crush utep...staying away from usc/osu game, kinda lean usc though.

Early leans

Michgan State -14.5 - Dont normally bet on them but Central got crushed Vs. Arizona and Sparties are better than Arizona

Michigan +3 ND is not that good I guess both teams looks pretty good last week, so I'll take the 3 points.

USC -7 Uhhh I remember last year

Oregon -12 I think Oregon is a better team than what they showed last Thursday

In addition to USC rolling, I'm starting to talk myself into Virginia Tech -19 at home versus Marshall. Just not sure I ever like giving 19 with V. Tech.

Hmmm....early leans -

USC/OSU - I am too close to pick a side as I will be going to this game. However, between these two they had about 7 defensive players in the top 40 or so picks of the last NFL draft. I think the offenses will be ahead in this game and it goes way over 45.

USC/Georgia - I think Georgia defense shuts down the gamecocks and I doubt they score more than 10 points, so I really can't see them winning the game. With the Georgi QB being out and with what they lost to the NFL last year, I don't know that Georgia wins by a bunch of points. My lean would be to bet the under on the USC team total if you can find one, especially if it is 17.5 or higher.

As far as tonight is concerned, I think Clemson is the superior team. If they are giving me points, I am taking them.

NCAA YTD 2-7 down 9.5 units

Clemson +5.5 for 1 unit.

good luck all...

Clemson +5 WIN

Clemson/ Georgia Tech U44.5 LOSE

Toledo +3.5 2 units WIN

Colorado/Toledo U54.5 2 units LOSE

North Carolina -4 3 units LOSE

Syracuse +29.5 2 units WIN

Arkansas State/Nebraska O53 2 units LOSE

East Carolina +6.5 2 units LOSE

Michigan +3.5 (-125) 2 units WIN

Texas Tech -27.5 (-120) 2 units

South Carolina +7 2 units

USC -6.5 5 units

USC O27 2 units

College YTD 5-6 -1.96 Units

Like Clemson but only playing the under here.. at least for now

Clemson Ga Tech under 44.5

ETA I have a problem

Clemson +5

Overall NCAA YTD: 21-12; +18.15 units

Subset: 5 unit plays or higher: 13-11; -1.0 units

Thursday

Clemson (+5)@-107 for 3 units WINNER

G Tech is seeing 68% of the action.

I guess it's the year, so far, of fading some of my favorite teams from last year, such as Georg Tech. Good luck to all.

Does DR. Bob do NFL?

Sure, but he is usually around .500 in NFL. College is where 8 of the last 10 years, the guy has done very well.

Speaking of which, ZERO college best bets this week. Weird. But he has 8 Strong opinions, which he has said on many occasions that he personally doesn't bet on, just posts them because they weren't good enough for betting. I'll post them when I see them, but tonight, there is supposedly a strong opinion on Clemson.

No one bet on Pitt, they are going to lose outright to Buffalo!!!! (homer)

But for real I was surprised to see them only -10.5 because Starks UB's best player is out for the year and they don't have Willey to rely on through the air. Buffalo played them real tough last year at Heinz Field, they were down 1 going into the 4th, Pitt scored 10 in the 4th and won 27-16.

Be careful with this one, Buffalo is tricky.

Going over the card the first time through, Tulane looks like a play of the week, a 10 unit play for me this week, for me.

On top of that, BYU is seeing 90% of the action thus far, so I'll wait on the line for a few days.

Whenever Dr Lou gives a pep talk, I want to immediately run out of the lockerroom, right onto that field, and fumble the ball the first chance I get. While I'm pissing my pants.

Yuck.

Sure, but he is usually around .500 in NFL. College is where 8 of the last 10 years, the guy has done very well.

Speaking of which, ZERO college best bets this week. Weird. But he has 8 Strong opinions, which he has said on many occasions that he personally doesn't bet on, just posts them because they weren't good enough for betting. I'll post them when I see them, but tonight, there is supposedly a strong opinion on Clemson.

his SO's seem to do well though. i like knowing what they are, i usually follow a few.

Whenever Dr Lou gives a pep talk, I want to immediately run out of the lockerroom, right onto that field, and fumble the ball the first chance I get. While I'm pissing my pants.

Yuck.

lol

his SO's seem to do well though. i like knowing what they are, i usually follow a few.

I agree. I always respect any opinion he has on any game. I'm a bit baffled why I haven't seen his S.O. card this week yet.

I strongly suspect he will be on Toledo tomorrow, as will I. Saturday will be more tricky.

I can guaran-damn-tee he is on Tulane. The game is a perfect storm of so many handicapping angles, many that I share/agree with the dude, which makes me wonder why he didn't pull the trigger and make it a Best Bet. It's a big play. Period.

Interesting. Clemson with 3 unanswered TDs, and we got a ball game at 24-21. I can't figure out which team is luckier, GTech with a Fake FG TD and a kick off return off a squib kick and a 90 yard run, or Clemson with 2 deep TD passes. Um, it's Georgia Tech. Well, it's a ball game again, so let's see what happens.

Interesting. Clemson with 3 unanswered TDs, and we got a ball game at 24-21. I can't figure out which team is luckier, GTech with a Fake FG TD and a kick off return off a squib kick and a 90 yard run, or Clemson with 2 deep TD passes. Um, it's Georgia Tech. Well, it's a ball game again, so let's see what happens.

I mean Clemson was terribly coached the 1st half just stupid play calling, the fake fg for them and for Ga Tech. Without that we were looking at 10-7

Let's go Clemson :doublethumbsup: I'll take a split all day after the way it started

Clemson rallies all the way back to lead 27-24. Unreal.

Interesting finish is upcoming, I'm sure of it. But I can't complain in that Clemson has given us hope. Hope that is destined to fail. Fock. I've gotten too lucky to start this year. There we go. GTech with a big play. Here it comes.

Overall NCAA YTD: 21-12; +18.15 units

Thursday

Clemson (+5)@-107 for 3 units WINNER

G Tech is seeing 68% of the action.

I guess it's the year, so far, of fading some of my favorite teams from last year, such as Georg Tech. Good luck to all.

Overall NCAA YTD: 22-12; +21.15 units

YTD 9-4 (+17 units)

I had a real nice start last week huh? Been looking at a few trends and usually go with my "feel" on certain games and I will just say this week I hate the Notre Dame/Michigan line. It is a sexy bet for all of us but we just don't know enough about these teams to play a side. However I do think both teams may score some points but not enough to go the over/under either.

My plays this week are as follows:

West Virginia -6.5 (2 units) WINNER

I don't think East Carolina is what they were a couple years ago and I just think this line is a little low for WV at home. Scores and odds has this as a "Star" play as well.

Syracuse +28.5 (3 units) WINNER

I would never of thought I would be playing this... But Cuse had some fight to them last week vs. Minnesota. And PSU didn't exactly bust on Akron. I just like the points.

Georgia -6.5 and over 38 (2 units each) LOSS/WIN

I think Georgia bounces back at home and this game goes something like 28-17 Georgia.

Stanford/Wake Forest over 43.5 (5 units) LOSER

Take this one to the bank it goes OVER.....

USC -7 and the OVER 44.5 (5 units each) LOSS LOSS

40 to 16 USC. Until Ohio State proves they can play with USC forget it.... USC RB's run wild again. And the Freshman QB???? The kid can play.

Oregon State -7 (3 units) LOSS

Even without Mauaevo I love me some Beaver.

Toledo +4 (2 units) WINNER

USC over 27 (2 units) LOSS

South Florida over 37 (2 units) LOSS

For those that were looking for them, the Dr Bob stuff...

College, all strong opinions

Clemson

Toledo

Iowa St

Army

Tulane

Wyoming

Michigan

Boston College

NFL

2 stars: Cincinnatti

Strong opinion: Carolina,

College YTD 7-12 - 6.10 units

USC -7 (-105) Loser

Michigan +3 (-105)Winner

Michigan St +14 (-115) Loser

Toledo +18 (-105) Loser

Wake Forest Stanford over 43.5 Loser

Georgia S. carolina under 40 Loser

Overall NCAA YTD: 22-12; +21.15 units

Friday

Toledo (+4)@-114 for 3 units WINNER

Edit: Also, I locked in Tulane (+18.5)@-105 for 10 units for Saturday.

Edit:

Overall NCAA YTD: 23-12; +24.15 units

Clemson +5 WIN

Clemson/ Georgia Tech U44.5 LOSE

Toledo +3.5 2 units

Colorado/Toledo U54.5 2 units

Toledo and the under :dunno:

sat out last week

parlayed Toledo +4 and the Under 54.5 tonight.

Overall NCAA YTD: 23-12; +24.15 units

Saturday, For 2 units each, unless indicated otherwise. Will add more.

U Conn (+4.5)@-107

Central Mich (+14.5)@107

NorthWestern (-20.5)@-113

Iowa St (+6)@-105

Army (+1)@-104

Fresno St (+8)@-105

Stanford (+3)@-111

Boston College (-20.5)@-112

West Virginia (-6)@-112

Tulane (+18.5)@-105 for 10 units

Wyoming (+32)@-112

Michigan (+3)@-111