Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

09/11/2001 Where were you?

I was working. They closed early because of it. I know it sounds mean and heartless, but it didn't impact me what-so-ever on a personal level. I had just gotten out of the military the month before, and I was concerned that I'd get called back into duty, so I was just crossing my fingers, hoping that I got left the hell alone. Maybe that's why I didn't have any personal/emotional reaction to it. My thoughts weren't about people losing their lives, or anything like that, my thoughts were "SON OF A ######, I BETTER NOT GET CALLED BACK IN BECAUSE OF THIS SHIT :lol:"

Now I just think it was the government/terrorists working together to push agendas, which makes me sad for our country, but I still have no emotional ties to that day. I wasn't affected in the least. Well, except for every time I fly I have to go through all the added security B.S. like everyone else.

Yeah...because running a failing lingerie store is much more important than protecting America. :rolleyes:

Your name has been officially been changed to Doosh Pete for the comments above.

Tattoo is now dead to me.

A FF - related story that I've shared here before:

What I'll remember most about 9/11 is that the day before Easy Ed McCaffrey (or as my brother calls him "Ed McCafferty") broke his leg. CBS didn't open up until I want to say 8:00 a.m. for waiver moves and I was locked in mortal combat with other league members to be the first to pick up (gulp) Eddie Kennison. (Man, that's a :doh: right there)

My coworker Sol comes into my office, his eyes are :rolleyes: "DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED??"

Me: "Yeah :lol: Can't believe McCafree broke his friggin' leg."

Sol: :blink:

...And leaves my office.

I ended up losing Eddie Kennison to drive my coworkers who took the bus home and go donate blood.

That's funny. I also had McCaffrey that year and remember being pissed after that happened. First game of the season and I lose my 1 or 2 receiver. I would never have remembered that that was the night before 9/11. 9/10 is my birthday, so I was probably drinking a six pack and watching that game. Unreal what would happen the next day. Now that was something to be pissed about.

Yeah...because running a failing lingerie store is much more important than protecting America. :first:

Your name has been officially been changed to Doosh Pete for the comments above.

I was in Kansas going to school at the time and working at Target.

Before you chastise me, how about you join the military in the first place! I didn't see you lining up to "protect America", so your words have zero merit. I've been there, and done that. Walk a mile before you run your mouth! :wall:

you're still cool in my book

I was in Kansas going to school at the time and working at Target.

Before you chastise me, how about you join the military in the first place! I didn't see you lining up to "protect America", so your words have zero merit. I've been there, and done that. Walk a mile before you run your mouth! :wall:

you're still cool in my book

How many military chicks did you bone? :first:

How many military chicks did you bone? :music_guitarred:

like, that were active duty? or dependents (daughters/"open" couples) of active duty guys <_<

:mad:

I got a call somewhere around 4 in the am from Mom's telling me to turn on the TV some crazy things were happening in New York. I thought it was a movie initially. She also said my sister was traveling from the east coast that morning and there was a chance she could be on one of the flights. As fate would have it, she was on the flight 93 manifest... :cry:

She was supposed to fly out on a later flight and rescheduled her flight to get home a bit earlier. I wish it had been full.

It is surreal, still, to think about. It's not like you ever forget about a loved one passing, but on the day of, all these emotions surface that you deal with for 364 days, but on the anniversary they just come roaring back.

Rest in peace, Christine! And thanks for fighting back! :wall:

Wow, have you posted that here before? I don't recall that. Anyway, I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

I usually post about how 6 weeks after 9/11, we traveled to SC for my daughter's baptism at my inlaws place. At the party I met Jeremy Glick's (one of the known heroes of 93) widow and young infant; my inlaws knew Jeremy's parents and had invited them, and she was staying with them. It was definitely a "circle of life" kinda situation. She seemed in relatively good spirits; I like to think that after so much sadness, the ability to participate in a joyous celebration helped to lift her spirits.

On a lighter note, I also remember the DBacks kicking the Yankees ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS in the world series. :shocking:

Wow, have you posted that here before? I don't recall that. Anyway, I'm very sorry for your family's loss.

I usually post about how 6 weeks after 9/11, we traveled to SC for my daughter's baptism at my inlaws place. At the party I met Jeremy Glick's (one of the known heroes of 93) widow and young infant; my inlaws knew Jeremy's parents and had invited them, and she was staying with them. It was definitely a "circle of life" kinda situation. She seemed in relatively good spirits; I like to think that after so much sadness, the ability to participate in a joyous celebration helped to lift her spirits.

On a lighter note, I also remember the DBacks kicking the Yankees ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS in the world series. :shocking:

I don't think I recounted the exact day before, but I have mentioned I time or two my connection to 9/11.

Thanks for the best wishes. :shocking:

Nice of you to stop in :shocking:

Thanks. :shocking: I vividly remember that morning and so many of us posting here. Plus, I just wanted an excuse to pop in and say hi.

:lol:

I got a call somewhere around 4 in the am from Mom's telling me to turn on the TV some crazy things were happening in New York. I thought it was a movie initially. She also said my sister was traveling from the east coast that morning and there was a chance she could be on one of the flights. As fate would have it, she was on the flight 93 manifest... :(

She was supposed to fly out on a later flight and rescheduled her flight to get home a bit earlier. I wish it had been full.

It is surreal, still, to think about. It's not like you ever forget about a loved one passing, but on the day of, all these emotions surface that you deal with for 364 days, but on the anniversary they just come roaring back.

Rest in peace, Christine! And thanks for fighting back! :mellow:

Wow dude. That story really got me. I literally had a couple of tears roll down my face reading that. Another one or two when I clicked on that link. Hell, my eyes are getting watery now typing this out. Sorry for your loss. I couldn't even imagine what it must have been like. :(

Yeah...because running a failing lingerie store is much more important than protecting America. <_<

That was pretty shocking, what bp said. Not the part about worrying about getting called back, but how it didn't affect him whatsoever. I didn't know anyone who died or anything that day, but it changed me profoundly.

Wow dude. That story really got me. I literally had a couple of tears roll down my face reading that. Another one or two when I clicked on that link. Hell, my eyes are getting watery now typing this out. Sorry for your loss. I couldn't even imagine what it must have been like. :dunno:

Thanks colts! Today has been a rough day for the family. We get through it and life goes on.

She truly was a special person...

That was pretty shocking, what bp said. Not the part about worrying about getting called back, but how it didn't affect him whatsoever. I didn't know anyone who died or anything that day, but it changed me profoundly.

how? I mean, if you didn't know anyone there, how did it affect you any more than some random person you never knew getting killed in the middle of new york? cause that's all it was, just on a massive scale.

I can read in the paper that someone died somewhere in the middle of Philly, and it doesn't affect me. So how/why would that? It's all people I don't know or until that day gave 2 shits about.

ETA: that isn't to pick on anyone like TAS or anything, cause if I lost someone that day, you can bet your ass I'd be an emotional wreck. So my deepest condolences go out to everyone who lost family/friends. Thankfully I didn't, so I don't have to know what that feels like.

I was working in the DC area on 9/11. I was on a metro train that went right by the pentagon within 20 mins of the plane hitting it. I heard about the first plane on the shuttle to work and figured some dumbass in a prop plane crashed. When I got into work everyone was in the lobby watching tv. We saw the second tower come down. Later there were ridiculous rumors, like the capitol was on fire. I took the metro home and saw aiplane after airplane parked closer than I had ever seen at National Airport. It was a surreal sight and a surreal day.

how? I mean, if you didn't know anyone there, how did it affect you any more than some random person you never knew getting killed in the middle of new york? cause that's all it was, just on a massive scale.

I can read in the paper that someone died somewhere in the middle of Philly, and it doesn't affect me. So how/why would that? It's all people I don't know or until that day gave 2 shits about.

ETA: that isn't to pick on anyone like TAS or anything, cause if I lost someone that day, you can bet your ass I'd be an emotional wreck. So my deepest condolences go out to everyone who lost family/friends. Thankfully I didn't, so I don't have to know what that feels like.

I don't think it was about knowing any people who died. It was the enormity of the event. I know that even as a 15 year old, my emotions were all over the place. Shocked, sadness, anger, etc., I also have to admit that I never felt fear.

I don't think it was about knowing any people who died. It was the enormity of the event. I know that even as a 15 year old, my emotions were all over the place. Shocked, sadness, anger, etc., I also have to admit that I never felt fear.

I mean, I was shocked, yes, and it wasn't like I was saying "boy I hope all those people die, and btw, why don't they take out the other tower as well"... I'm just saying that besides me being like "wow, that's pretty focked up", there was zero emotional response. it was a bunch of strangers I never met/knew/cared about. Yes, the loss of innocent life is bad, but again, they weren't people I knew, so it didn't trigger any response at all.

I'm mad about why I think it was done, but that's about as far as it goes. Those buildings could have been empty, and I'd feel identical to how I feel today.

I mean, I was shocked, yes, and it wasn't like I was saying "boy I hope all those people die, and btw, why don't they take out the other tower as well"... I'm just saying that besides me being like "wow, that's pretty focked up", there was zero emotional response. it was a bunch of strangers I never met/knew/cared about. Yes, the loss of innocent life is bad, but again, they weren't people I knew, so it didn't trigger any response at all.

I'm mad about why I think it was done, but that's about as far as it goes. Those buildings could have been empty, and I'd feel identical to how I feel today.

You are quickly losing some friends here BP. I've generally liked you and enjoy busting your chops but to say what you just said is very telling about the type of person you are. This was the largest terrorist attack on your homeland in the history of America. For you to be ignorant enough to think it didn't affect you or to say that you would feel the same if the building was empty or not is just awful. For you to have "zero emotional response" tells me that you are a cold sob. Sad. :blink:

You are quickly losing some friends here BP. I've generally liked you and enjoy busting your chops but to say what you just said is very telling about the type of person you are. This was the largest terrorist attack on your homeland in the history of America. For you to be ignorant enough to think it didn't affect you or to say that you would feel the same if the building was empty or not is just awful. For you to have "zero emotional response" tells me that you are a cold sob. Sad. :thumbsdown:

:dunno:

I can pull up statistics of how many violent crimes happen DAILY in america that will dwarf what happened on that day. Is that affecting your life? I hardly think so. So why is it so incomprehensible to you that I'm not affected?

I can pull up statistics of how many violent crimes happen DAILY in america that will dwarf what happened on that day. Is that affecting your life? I hardly think so. So why is it so incomprehensible to you that I'm not affected?

To be honest, I'm not shocked at all that you are not that affected. The way you go through women, it is really no surprise at all. It seems to be how you roll.

You are a dumb@ss on par with GFIAFP.

Also, a normal person cares about people being killed, even strangers. If someone has any decency or value, they care about the senseless killing of innocents. There's a word for it: humanity. Stupid @ss.

:thumbsup:

I said it sucks that people died, but why SHOULD it AFFECT me? I mean, affect me? Are you affected by the person you don't know who while you were reading this post died in south philly? No? Then shut your hypocritical ass up! :unsure:

It's one thing to say that it is bad that people died. I agree, it's horrible that people died, but it didn't AFFECT me in any way. There's a HUGE difference between thinking something is a tragedy and actually letting it affect you. Maybe you are the dumbass

:thumbsup:

I said it sucks that people died, but why SHOULD it affect me? I mean, affect me? Are you affected by the person you don't know who while you were reading this post died in south philly? No? Then shut your hypocritical ass up! :unsure:

Would you please stop posting in this thread? You are its ruination.

Would you please stop posting in this thread? You are its ruination.

Then don't make threads like this in the first place.

At what point in time?

When the second plane hit I was in Hoboken NJ near the PATH station.

When the first tower fell I was at work in lower Manhattan. 16th street to be exact.

At what point in time?

When the second plane hit I was in Hoboken NJ near the PATH station.

When the first tower fell I was at work in lower Manhattan. 16th street to be exact.

Is that before you put the cape on or after? :thumbsdown:

LIAR

It affected me because my country was attacked for what we stand for. It affected all of us.

As for me, between second and third period. We had what were called complexes, which was a big square with four rooms in each one. I walked across the complex to my third class and there was a kid whose dad was in the military sitting there crying. The TV was on, but I didn't put two and two together til my science teacher sort of explained what had happened. We just watched TV all day and I remember them talking about Osama bin Laden on CNN later in the day. I also remember crying that night when I took a shower because I was scared we were going to war and that every day would sorta be like this. I didn't know we'd fight them over there or whatever. Remember hearing about chemical and biological attacks and all that stuff and all that about putting tape around windows and stuff in the coming weeks. Terrifying time to be 11.

I swear to God ... Jets24 must be a Tarhole alias.

I'm done defending myself about this here. If anyone wants to be civil and ask me legitimate questions .... gahead.

As for me, between second and third period. We had what were called complexes, which was a big square with four rooms in each one.

Ha, i had the same exact set-up except with 5 classes, plus we had gym i think. They were called clusters, i was in cluster A, which was where they put the smart kids :Mr-T: Most of them, they also put some really dumb kids to kind of balance it out.

I was in 2nd period Chemistry class, junior year of high school. My teacher had been watching CNN like he always did between classes and when we walked into the room he told us all to sit down and shut up. He was an awesome teacher and never told us to shut up, so we knew something was really going on. Then we saw the 2nd plane hit and pandemonium struck.

I had a cousin who had just moved to NYC to work in the World Trade Center after he graduated from college, so I was freaking out. We watched the coverage during the entire class period while I tried to get through on my cell phone but obviously no one could get through. My cousin had been running late to work that day and stopped to get coffee anyway... He missed being in his office by about 10 minutes. He didn't get a hold of anyone until 6 hours later when he got through to his parents and they called everyone else.

We also had a family friend who should have been on Flight 93, but she was delayed in a conference and had to change her flight. TAS, I'm so sorry for your loss, and I also thank Christine for fighting back.

:Mr-T:

I said it sucks that people died, but why SHOULD it AFFECT me? I mean, affect me? Are you affected by the person you don't know who while you were reading this post died in south philly? No? Then shut your hypocritical ass up! :mad:

It's one thing to say that it is bad that people died. I agree, it's horrible that people died, but it didn't AFFECT me in any way. There's a HUGE difference between thinking something is a tragedy and actually letting it affect you. Maybe you are the dumbass

How can you even think that? It was an attack on OUR soil, in OUR country, where WE live. The first time we have been attacked in OUR country since Pearl Harbor. Sure, there have been other terrorists attack, i think 9/11 was an act of war more than a terrorists attack. Their goal was to break the spirit of our country and eventually attack it again and again until we were defeated; it wasn't to kill innocent people, it wasn't to prove a political point, it was to bring this country to it's knees, to destroy this country and our way of life. How can anyone living in the USA say that?

It changed EVERYONE'S lives, it changed so many things in our day to day lives that it is impossible that it didn't affect you or anyone living in this country. I understand the point you are trying to make, but it is just a false and ignorant statement if you are an American. You mean it didn't EMOTIONALLY affect you? As cold-hearted as that is(you seriously have to be one of those Americans that hate America if it didn't), it is possible, but it definitely affected you in one way or another whether you think so or not.

Oh yeah ... and originally I was confused both about the time ... and the planes. Of course not every day is eventually broken down to the second.

2 people from my company were on flight 11. The "First Plane". I thought I was already on the PATH train when the "Second Plane" hit ... but I realize now that that train left after. I knew it left after ... I had already determined it was a terrorist attack and I didn't understand how I had both NOT SEEN the "second plane" AND been at 8th Ave and 16th street at 9:30 .... unless that train driver floored it ... which is totally possible. That whole 6 hours is really a big haze besides really precise moments. I don't remember seeing the plane hit ... I remember seeing people screaming and crying ... I can't be totally sure ... but I must have missed that impact by 30 seconds or so. I remember a guy on a cell phone (not everyone had one back then) yelling "There's A SECOND PLANE! And running the other direction and a woman ran past me (still just walking) with a camera with a big lense on it .... and I was like WTF is going on? Until I turned the corner and I could see the WTC on fire. The view from there was kinda stagggered ... you couldn't tell both towers had been hit.

I remember I bought a pack of cigs at the newstand right by the PATH station and had one. Real fast .... maybe 3 minutes. Barely made the train. Had to be the last one. About 9:15. I was wearing a watch (Movado). It was before 9:30 when I emerged at 14th and 6th AVE ... and I remember looking back and I could see the towers head on ... "Yep .... both towers have been hit." I thought to myself.

When I got to work I called my Mom who was 4 blocks south of me and said "Turn on the TV." and she said "What channel?" and I said "Doesn't matter." and then I went upstairs to a conference room. And the TV was on and by that time the Pentagon plane had hit. I felt like I had just walked into a war. And after the 2nd tower fell they let everyone leave work. So I went down to my Mom's apartment. Everybody else was going North. And we went to Saint Vincent's Hospital about 11 AM .... and there was a huge line of people ready to give blood. At one point a nurse came out and said "Anybody in line .... if you don't know your blood type .... go home .... if you haven't eaten today .... go home .... if you've had any alchohol to drink in the last 24 hours .... go home." and I fit like 2 of those ... at least. And My Mom and Step-Dad and I went back to her apartment .... and had lunch. They were scheduled to fly back to Arizona that afternoon .... that wasn't gonna happen. I went back to work.

Co-worker who also lived in Hoboken had heard that there were ferries taking people across the Hudson. I had a cat and a fishtank in Hoboken ... so we went and got a ride across the river to Weehawken. And we walked home from there. People gave us water. People really pulled together in NY that day. There were a lot of heroes.

Did it affect me?

I've never been the same since.

The nightmares ... they have become less frequent over the years. The smell of welding .... or burnt metal sometimes ... brings me right back.

One of those memories was what musta been about 9:25 AM at 6th ave and 14th ... and everything was stopped. No traffic ... I remember seeing a guy with an apron on ... like he had just walked right out of the deli. And everyone was just stunned. That's when I realized that what I was seeing people falling ... and I couldn't watch anymore. I went to work.

On a funny note ... it musta been about 10:30. A lot of people at work are outside with the smokers .... and all of a sudden you hear SCHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA it's not normal for F-16's to buzz Manhattan. I grew up in Tucson near an Air Force base ... to me that was a good sound.

One dude crawled under a car. I was cracking up. "That's US dude ... that's the good guys.".

The nightmares ... they have become less frequent over the years. The smell of welding .... or burnt metal sometimes ... brings me right back.

Yea, I'll take some sh1t for this here, but who cares...

I couldn't even comprehend the emotions that you felt seeing the sh1t live...

It was eerie enough 3000 miles away watching it on TV.

I appreciate that you can understand that. Lotta people here .... don't get it.

I remember when football started back up watching a Cowboys game ... some redneck Dallas fan was being interviewed re: 9/11 and he said "We're over it. We grieved for the country ... but we're over it now." and I dunno what else he said but sitting in my APT in Hoboken I yelled at the TV "YOU LIVE IN DALLAS!" ... that "it didn't affect me" attitude ... is really offensive to some people. Because it did. You just aren't putting your life on the line because you live somewhere nobody would want to nuke. If it was Houston would it affect you? Unpatriotic ... at least.

And to top it off .... even though the man in charge when the bad shiat went down was selected and not elected to begin with .... Bush UTILIZED 9/11 as a tool to make the public afraid that a Democratic president would lead to military weakness. And you donkeys bought it .... and voted for him again... and now it's time to pay the piper .... and you don't like it. Of course people in New York City ... San Francisco ... Chicago ... areas that really have concerns about terrorism and pay attention voted Gore in 2000 and Lurch in 04. "You rang?"

Too bad. But there's no way you can say "If Gore wins" ... 9/11 happens at all. Isn't that possible ... that it might have been stopped under a different administration? I heard a lof of people saying "Thank God Gore isn't president right now." As if the military would .... what? Go start a war in the wrong country for no good reason?

Oh wait ...

Another thing people don't realize is that there were fires burning there for like a month. My apt actually had a view from the bedroom. My Mom took some photos at Saint Vincent's ... sad photos of nurses ready with rolling stretchers and sheets to receive the injured ... ready to take care of a LOT of injured people. And there were almost none ... you pretty much either made it or not.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9467/wtc1a.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to photograph what I was seeing that day. That was at least the 13th .... maybe the 14th. View from Hoboken.

How can you even think that? It was an attack on OUR soil, in OUR country, where WE live. The first time we have been attacked in OUR country since Pearl Harbor. Sure, there have been other terrorists attack, i think 9/11 was an act of war more than a terrorists attack. Their goal was to break the spirit of our country and eventually attack it again and again until we were defeated; it wasn't to kill innocent people, it wasn't to prove a political point, it was to bring this country to it's knees, to destroy this country and our way of life. How can anyone living in the USA say that?

It changed EVERYONE'S lives, it changed so many things in our day to day lives that it is impossible that it didn't affect you or anyone living in this country. I understand the point you are trying to make, but it is just a false and ignorant statement if you are an American. You mean it didn't EMOTIONALLY affect you? As cold-hearted as that is(you seriously have to be one of those Americans that hate America if it didn't), it is possible, but it definitely affected you in one way or another whether you think so or not.

Not sure I agree that it was an act of war, but I agree with you on things said before that. And I really don't want to sound like the prick I'm sounding like. I don't know, maybe it's because when I was in the military, I learned how to separate my emotions from my mind.

I do absolutely feel bad for everyone who knew anyone that died that day. I feel very bad for all our troops that are fighting over there, who are basically handcuffed and not allowed to fight the war they are SUPPOSE to fight. Maybe I'm just explaining myself wrong in earlier posts. I guess what I'm trying to say is that no, I didn't cry when it happened, and no, I didn't go into any sort of depression when it happened. I guess that more accurately sums it up. It isn't that I don't have sympathy for everyone who was affected by it, because I do, I just didn't feel that swing of emotions.

Also, yes, all the heightened awareness and security has affected me, so yes, you are 100% correct in that point.

I was in 2nd period Chemistry class, junior year of high school. My teacher had been watching CNN like he always did between classes and when we walked into the room he told us all to sit down and shut up. He was an awesome teacher and never told us to shut up, so we knew something was really going on. Then we saw the 2nd plane hit and pandemonium struck.

I had a cousin who had just moved to NYC to work in the World Trade Center after he graduated from college, so I was freaking out. We watched the coverage during the entire class period while I tried to get through on my cell phone but obviously no one could get through. My cousin had been running late to work that day and stopped to get coffee anyway... He missed being in his office by about 10 minutes. He didn't get a hold of anyone until 6 hours later when he got through to his parents and they called everyone else.

We also had a family friend who should have been on Flight 93, but she was delayed in a conference and had to change her flight. TAS, I'm so sorry for your loss, and I also thank Christine for fighting back.

:overhead:

I used to find Big Pete's lies about his sexual expoits mildly entertaining.

Now that he has exposed himself as the biggest, no holds barred, all-time world record holder as the bored fukknuts I can no longer read, much less enjoy, his meaningless lies.

Man, what a fukking ###### you are. :pointstosky: