Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

Donnie Avery

I have a soft spot for Avery since he was my one of my top FA pickups last year and helped me out a ton. But man has he stunk it up so far in STL. Now I know everyone has given up on him in all my leagues but will he really be worthless this season? To his defense, he was injured most of the preseason and has had to learn a new offense. Any chance he gets going?

he helped me for about 3 weeks and then bye bye....hasn't resurfaced since.

I had him in two leagues this year and last year when he caught fire, but when he flamed out...Avery just took up roster space. I just think that he is the next Lee Evans/Santana Moss type. Great for about 2-4 games then never heard from again all season. If you are a glutton for punishment...keep him.

He plays on a bad team with a new coach while trying to learn a new offense.

Early in the offseason I thought he'd have a strong season. I even planned on targeting him in my drafts. Once I looked into the situation a bit more though, and realized he'd be playing in a WCO, and would be playing catch up due to the preseason injury he suffered I realized it was a bad spot for him to be in.

He's talented, but he's better suited in an offense that airs it out more. The WCO relies more on timing and precise route running. I tend to think he'd produce more on a team like Baltimore, Chicago, Jacksonville, etc. Not to mention more obvious situations like Indianapolis and New Orleans.

id actually say his problem is simple..... he's Donnie Avery

ok ok, Marc Bulger is the real answer, but honestly Avery is nothing special.

I have a soft spot for Avery since he was my one of my top FA pickups last year and helped me out a ton. But man has he stunk it up so far in STL. Now I know everyone has given up on him in all my leagues but will he really be worthless this season? To his defense, he was injured most of the preseason and has had to learn a new offense. Any chance he gets going?

Get a soft spot for Robinson.......He is this year's Avery.

his 670 yards and 3 touchdowns helped you out a ton???

time to pick a new fantasy sport.

Get a soft spot for Robinson.......He is this year's Avery.

I'm not convinced that Robinson isn't the flavor du jour; of course I have Avery in both of my leagues, so I irrationally hope that the problem is stuff like missing camp with the injury and new offense... anyway, I can't argue against picking up Robinson in deeper leagues, but I'm going to hold onto Avery a little longer and see if he improves. :ninja:

I'm not convinced that Robinson isn't the flavor du jour; of course I have Avery in both of my leagues, so I irrationally hope that the problem is stuff like missing camp with the injury and new offense... anyway, I can't argue against picking up Robinson in deeper leagues, but I'm going to hold onto Avery a little longer and see if he improves. :ninja:

Cool, hold on to Priest Holmes, also, and see if he makes a comeback.

Cool, hold on to Priest Holmes, also, and see if he makes a comeback.

Chargers in 08 :ninja:

:rolleyes:

they failed you.

also why would you compare holding onto a 2nd year player who showed a little promise his rookie year to holding onto a retired player?

i get what you were going for, and Im not high on Avery, but it makes no sense.

I'm not convinced that Robinson isn't the flavor du jour; of course I have Avery in both of my leagues, so I irrationally hope that the problem is stuff like missing camp with the injury and new offense... anyway, I can't argue against picking up Robinson in deeper leagues, but I'm going to hold onto Avery a little longer and see if he improves. :dunno:

Yeah, might be smart to hold onto Avery. He had an eye poping 674 yards and 3tds last year. Clearly he is a stud. :dunno:

Just this year he has 2 fantasy points in week 1 and an impressive -2 in week 2.

Meanwhile Robinson is tearing it up.

hey, this is the rams. probably smart to avoid both avery and robinson.......but I think you need to accept reality. Robinson will outproduce avery this year.

they failed you.

also why would you compare holding onto a 2nd year player who showed a little promise his rookie year to holding onto a retired player?

i get what you were going for, and Im not high on Avery, but it makes no sense.

Jeez, I really have to explain this one to you? Just because you hope a guy does better won't make it happen, just like holding on to Priest Holmes won't make him unretire.

As for your jab on the Chargers, it would have inflicted some damage on me 7 months ago.

Jeez, I really have to explain this one to you? Just because you hope a guy does better won't make it happen, just like holding on to Priest Holmes won't make him unretire.

As for your jab on the Chargers, it would have inflicted some damage on me 7 months ago.

meh, i actually like the chargers.

and yea you have to explain it to me because its a shitty analogy.

meh, i actually like the chargers.

and yea you have to explain it to me because its a shitty analogy.

Would it be more to your liking if I had told him to hang on to Hank Baskett or does that one offend you because he's not on a roster?

How about I tell him to hang on to Buster Davis?

Not sure how it's a shitty analogy when it served its ultimate purpose of displaying how much faith I have in Donnie Avery this year, and im not sure why you're playing coy when you understood me.