Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Romo_Domination

I told everyone that Slaton would bust this year.....

LINK!!! LINK??? LINK!!! LINK!?!?

Bring out the link!

It ain't happening. There is no link. Nothing more to see here. The dude's an idiot and a fraud.

Most people are probably 1-3 or 2-2 at best due to Slaton. Congrats on your record. You beat the odds. :wall:

link??? we'd all sure like to see where you made such an enlightened and bold statement...well, besides in this thread after it happened.

so, provide the link to where you made this call...or shut your lying ass up.

link??? we'd all sure like to see where you made such an enlightened and bold statement...well, besides in this thread after it happened.

so, provide the link to where you made this call...or shut your lying ass up.

I searched for topics posted by all of his known alias and found nothing (big surprise).

Putting all this silliness aside...

Slaton's performance is worthy of discussion.

Watching Kubiak's two pressers (Sunday/Monday), Slaton seems to be getting better in Kubiak's eyes; though he is not about to be AP.

Sunday

-Kubiak noted Slaton's fumble as the reason Moats got all of the reps he did

-GK also noted that Moats was in the gameplan anyway, even if Brown wasnt ill (likely a result of Brown's fumble last week)

-GK criticized the 2nd half running game. Said he ran constantly in the 2nd half expressly for the purpose of being able to analyze all of the reps to find out what is wrong with the running game. Noted Slaton's 3.1 avg as not being where it needs to be and that the team needs him.

-Is disappointed in 1st and 2nd down running and running vs 8 man fronts

Monday

-He said he analyzed the 2nd half and said there were reasons for the running game, though he didnt say what the reasons were

-John McClain (long time beat writer in HOU) asked if Kubiak would change the running game personnel. Kubiak dodged the question other than saying everyone will get their chances and then went on to say that Slaton was offensive POW. See next bullet.

-Interestingly, after discussing the poor running performance in the 2nd half, Kubiak said Slaton was named offensive player of the week. He didnt say why, though the TDs might be a reason. In addition, I noted one or two key pass pick-ups that Slaton had that probably contributed to that recognition. Finally, I think we can deduce that Slaton wasnt the reason why the running game struggled in the 2nd half.

My analysis:

Slaton is not on solid ground. You will continue to be frustrated by him getting pulled too frequently for a top back draft pick. With Brown out, it would have been nice if he had the chance to produce at the goalline, but the situation didnt come up. Moats might be taking a series or two going fwd between the 20's. However, Kubiak clearly views Slaton as the #1. He could have a couple good games and get back toward last years trajectory, but I think the top-end for Slaton right now is getting 90% of the touches between the 20's and half of the goalline carries; not the full-time back he was last year. All that being said, given that he is the 21st best RB right now; ending up in the Top 15 still seems like a decent bet.

Most slaton owners have gotten nothing from him in three weeks. Lets see if he does well in week 5. I smell another bust coming.

What do you think Jerry likes better: Watching the Cowdungs lose on the field or on that massive jumbotron?

This is the slaton thread. Plenty of romo bashing threads for this................. :thumbsdown:

My apologies, I thought the Slatn thread was posted in May or April or something. I made the assumption this was the make false claims and bash billion-dollar stadiums to get a reaction thread.

My bad. :doh:

Most slaton owners have gotten nothing from him in three weeks. Lets see if he does well in week 5. I smell another bust coming.

he scored 2 TDs this week. Did you miss that?

You sure you don't want to wait until after Week 5 is played before saying it??? You're really going out on a limb here by saying that a guy who has underperformed nearly all season thus far relative to his draft position is going to under perform again? Careful, by actually predicting something before it happens instead of after you might actually build up some credibility*.

*not likely

You sure you don't want to wait until after Week 5 is played before saying it??? You're really going out on a limb here by saying that a guy who has underperformed nearly all season thus far relative to his draft position is going to under perform again? Careful, by actually predicting something before it happens instead of after you might actually build up some credibility*.

*not likely

Slaton was a first round pick and he has had one good game so far and three bad games. The evidence supports my claim.

Another 3-1 Slaton owner here... Quit making blanket statements. They don't do anything for you.

3rd place.....thank you for assuming you know everything....

Slaton was a first round pick and he has had one good game so far and three bad games. The evidence supports my claim.

I'm in 8 leagues of various sizes, yes including 12 teamers. He wasn't a first rounder in any of them. He was a second rounder in 5 of them and a third rounder in 3 of them. I live in Houston, in a league with a bunch of Texan homers and its a 12 team league. He almost went in the 3rd round in that league. All that to say, maybe your leagues just drafted him too high, not that he is a bust at his position.