Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

My Cowboys may suck for a long, long, time....

Clowny was on a local radio station this morning (105.3 the fan).

(paraphrasing)

Radio host: Considering the recent turn of events and with the likes of Bill Cowher out there, would you ever consider giving up the role of GM to bring in a coach who'd also want both roles or just even give up the GM role to bring in new one.

Clowny: No, I will never relinquish the GM role here - I manage all my affairs, just as in life.

Clowny is Al Davis cept younger!! :pointstosky:

I don't know Clowney, but couldn't Jerry Jones just sweep him out the door along with Phillips?

I don't know Clowney, but couldn't Jerry Jones just sweep him out the door along with Phillips?

I refere to Jerry as Clowny - have ever since he had his face reconstructed. That, and bcoz he's also a clown with certain football things - mostly personnel decisions.

I refere to Jerry as Clowny - have ever since he had his face reconstructed. That, and bcoz he's also a clown with certain football things - mostly personnel decisions.

The Cowboys are mine, not yours. :thumbsdown:

The Cowboys will be fine, its just one game. All the Romo haters are having a ball, but in the end the Cowboys are a very good team and will make the playoffs.

The Cowboys will be fine, its just one game. All the Romo haters are having a ball, but in the end the Cowboys are a very good team and will make the playoffs.

I'm not sure where your optimism comes from - we've got:

* ZERO speed at wr - not any of them can get separation

* 2 fragile (apparently) running backs who when healthy are monsters - but are never healthy.

* a qb who turns the ball over at will. and who also for some reason has lost his desire to run - it's almost as if he's scared.

* a very undisciplined team - if not for the raiders we might lead the league in penalties.

* no play makers outside of ware on defense - and even he has been a non factor this year.

* a secondary that is now banged up, and sucky even beore that.

* a head coach who is hand-tied to do anything without checking with Clowny first.

we've got big problems, and they are not going away any time soon.

Judgement should be reserved of course. It is a long season and dallas is only guaranteed of having at least 2 losses so far. Time will tell, but you cant see the coaching decisions thus far and tell me dallas is one of the better coached teams in the NFL now. talent on the field is good on both sides of the ball, but wade and garret need to start coaching this team up

Nother thing I left off we don't have on this team - a real Leader. I mean somebody who steps up and challenges his teammates, one who gets in their ass when they fock up, and one who leads by example...... Say what you willl about Michael Irvin, not sure we've actually had one since he retired - also around the last time this team won a playoff game.....

Say what you willl about Michael Irvin

Okay. He liked his cocaine. A Lot.

Maybe Romo should get on the dummy dust, GET ###### AMPED!!!

I think the Cowboys fans need to temper their expectations. The best coach you've had recently said that you shouldn't anoint Romo yet, but you did despite his warning. You bank on the fact that just two seasons ago you had "13 Probowlers" which was a complete sham...it's a popularity contest/marketing campaign and Jerrah is a master marketer. But you couldn't get 13 ProBowlers in one season in the mid 90's when you were winning 3 championships, what on earth made you think you deserved that many 2 years ago when you hadn't done crap??? At this point if you would have started the season with the reasonable expectation that as a 9-7 team last year, you have issues which needed to be addressed, and really weren't, then you would know that you're in for a mediocre season. The Giants will most likely beat you one more time, Philly will do it twice but at least you'll probably sweep Washington, although history says that with your weak ass secondary Santana Moss may have something to say about that.

Here's my prediction: at about 6:30 pm on Nov 26, Thanksgiving Day, you'll be feeling pretty good sitting at 7-4 after beating the Raiders. Five weeks later at 8-8 you'll be looking forward to who the coach will be after Jerrah announces Wade is gone and hoping Romo's golf game is significantly better than his QB play down the stretch. Groundhog day anyone???

I think the Cowboys fans need to temper their expectations. The best coach you've had recently said that you shouldn't anoint Romo yet, but you did despite his warning. You bank on the fact that just two seasons ago you had "13 Probowlers" which was a complete sham...it's a popularity contest/marketing campaign and Jerrah is a master marketer. But you couldn't get 13 ProBowlers in one season in the mid 90's when you were winning 3 championships, what on earth made you think you deserved that many 2 years ago when you hadn't done crap??? At this point if you would have started the season with the reasonable expectation that as a 9-7 team last year, you have issues which needed to be addressed, and really weren't, then you would know that you're in for a mediocre season. The Giants will most likely beat you one more time, Philly will do it twice but at least you'll probably sweep Washington, although history says that with your weak ass secondary Santana Moss may have something to say about that.

Here's my prediction: at about 6:30 pm on Nov 26, Thanksgiving Day, you'll be feeling pretty good sitting at 7-4 after beating the Raiders. Five weeks later at 8-8 you'll be looking forward to who the coach will be after Jerrah announces Wade is gone and hoping Romo's golf game is significantly better than his QB play down the stretch. Groundhog day anyone???

I think it'll be more like 9-7 but either way nothing special. This is what I have been preaching about the Cowboys. They are a team full of "good players", not a "great team". No discipline, no heart, a serious lack of identity on Offense and a defense that continues to be over-rated. With Philly and the NY Giants in that division 3rd is the best that can be hoped for and that leaves you with nothing special. It is early and I would like to say that it can turn around but I dont believe it, I believe in some of the players but the coaching staff stinks.

Every week now I have seen terrible call after terrible call with no end in sight and I am already waiting (hoping) for Jerry to pull his head out of his @ss (I know, unlikely) and get my guys a good coach. Parcells did alot of good things for the team but in the end the inevitable happened and Jerry and Bill parted ways. We are fortunate that a very solid group of coaches are available for next year, would they consider working with Jerry? Maybe not, but they are out there. Since I cant have Bill Cowher who I loved watching as a coach or Mike Holmgren, loved him too, I am hoping that they hire Gruden. I know people talk alot of shite about him but he is pretty good and unless Jerry steps the fock away he may be the only "good" candidate willing to deal with him.

All in all, this week after a VERY poor performance against the Broncos they deserve all the critism they are getting.

I think it'll be more like 9-7 but either way nothing special. This is what I have been preaching about the Cowboys. They are a team full of "good players", not a "great team". No discipline, no heart, a serious lack of identity on Offense and a defense that continues to be over-rated. With Philly and the NY Giants in that division 3rd is the best that can be hoped for and that leaves you with nothing special. It is early and I would like to say that it can turn around but I dont believe it, I believe in some of the players but the coaching staff stinks.

Every week now I have seen terrible call after terrible call with no end in sight and I am already waiting (hoping) for Jerry to pull his head out of his @ss (I know, unlikely) and get my guys a good coach. Parcells did alot of good things for the team but in the end the inevitable happened and Jerry and Bill parted ways. We are fortunate that a very solid group of coaches are available for next year, would they consider working with Jerry? Maybe not, but they are out there. Since I cant have Bill Cowher who I loved watching as a coach or Mike Holmgren, loved him too, I am hoping that they hire Gruden. I know people talk alot of shite about him but he is pretty good and unless Jerry steps the fock away he may be the only "good" candidate willing to deal with him.

All in all, this week after a VERY poor performance against the Broncos they deserve all the critism they are getting.

That's going to be the hard part, either getting Jerry to step back or find a coach who will deal with him. Cowher had Colbert in Pittsburgh making the personnel decisions but it was a joint effort, and the Rooney's stayed out of it. Cowher never really made a power play for the GM job, he didn't want it. Not sure what Shanny's role was in Denver, but Holmgren had personnel duties previously. The Cowboys will have the luxury of being able to choose from several great candidates, all with near HOF credentials, but it won't matter if Jerry doesn't step back. I think Shanny is looking a little tarnished now, particularly with the success McDaniels has in Denver right now with essentially the same personnel MINUS the franchise QB. Denver may be a sham in the long run, I should remind everyone they looked good last year then had the largest collapse in league history to lose the division, so maybe Shanny ain't that bad afterall. I'm not sure what kind of player guy Steve Jones (son) is, but if he can wrest away some of the control from daddy, they may get a good coach in who can right the ship.

I fully endorse this post.

The real problems are going to start in two-three years after J Jo gets in another few drafts. This team will look eerily similar to the one Parcells inherited when he got here.

And beers will still be $10 at the Death Star...

Like the comment about Cowboys fans rethinking our expectations...I think the questions we need to ask ourselves (as Cowboys fans of course):

#1 Who is Tony Romo? Is he a Roger Staubach/Troy Aikman or is he a Danny White? I'm thinking at this point he's a Danny White - occasionally brilliant, sometimes lucky but mostly inconsistent and frustrating.

#2 What is our team achievement level? In the 90's it was clear who the leaders were, what the goal was and how they were going to achieve it. Today, good luck finding a true leader outside of the subsets and I'll give $1 to the first man who can go down there and really teach people how to tackle consistently all game.

Crap-ass Deadskins should have shown the world you can buy all the talent you want, but if you can't play as a team - with heart - you're not going to win anything of value.