Sign in to follow this  
Phlebber

CBS league - suspect activity from commish

This is my first year in a CBS league, and I'm wondering if some shenanigans are going on. Wondering if somebody more experienced with CBS leagues could help tell me what's going on. Last night waivers were executed in our work $$$ league, and a player in our league dropped Tynes. I know he's a kicker but he's currently #1 K in our league and I need one pretty badly. Well, I just got an email saying our commissioner dropped his kicker and picked Tynes up, even though all other players dropped last night show that they won't clear waivers until NEXT THURSDAY. I checked our leagues transaction log and although we all got an email about it, the waiver pickup is absent from the log. Last night, commish had Gould. Right now, he has Tynes.

So, my first question is...in a CBS league, would the commissioner have to purposely override the wait for him to pick up this kicker less than 24 hours after he was dropped? Secondly, any idea why we all got an email about the Tynes pick-up but it wouldn't show up in the transaction log? I was thinking that maybe rather than claiming Tynes off waivers, he just edited his roster, but that wouldn't have kicked out an email. So, he must have overrode the waiver pick up and then manually removed the transaction.

I want to believe that it's just an accident. But, I hate not playing on an even playing field. Especially if it's a money league.

Thanks--

Phlebber

commish can add or drop players at anytime, for any owners' team, which obviously includes his own

an email would go out to those who have the add/drop email notification turned on. commish couldn't get around that.

the add/drop WOULD appear in red (commish action) in the transaction report since he overrode the add/drop procedure you had set-up

he deleted the transaction from the transaction report based on what you said

call him out. he can't hide if he has a new kicker on his team out of thin air.

I agree quick, something is for sure not right here. We have been using CBS for years and I also run Hockey through CBS as a commish. You have alot of power to get away with alot if you wanted too. I would call him out as well.

Of all the powers a commish can abuse, he chooses to blow his load picking up a bye week replacement kicker?

House, family, fist, face. :rolleyes:

Thats one of the classic cheating commish moves being performed right before your eyes.

First of all, I have never used CBS, so Im obviously not familiar with the ins and outs there, but I have always used MFL, and from what others have said in this thread, the commish can manually delete transaction records,,, same as MFL.

I caught a commsih a few years back doing the same thing. He never even was smart enough to realize that owners could have the e-mail option checked in their personnel settings for transaction notifications. I noticed for quite awhile actually that something didnt seem right, but it was always like your situation, where an insignifigant kicker or IDP was picked up before waivers completed, and nobody either payed attention or cared enough to do anything about it.

He would also yuse this same tactic to hide players from waivers in a sense. If he had players on his bench that were off to a slow start, and hadnt put up signifigant stats yet, (they wouldnt be glaring at you on the players stats section yet), he would cut them, delete transaction record, so nobody would see them hitting waivers, and then pick them back up after he got through his bye week issue, or whatever.

This is blatant cheating and in a money league amongst your peers, you should definitely have this slob removed ASAP.

Expose his arse!!!!

sounds like your commish is an IDIOT :thumbsup: it is very obvious his used ability to override the waiver process. but like someone else said to do it to pick up a kicker :thumbsdown: he is just either not the sharpest tool in the shed or does not care??

as commish you can select the box that allows you to pick up anyone who is on waivers before the player clears waivers. but it would be very stupid to do because anyone paying attention will know what you did.

You have alot of power to get away with alot if you wanted too. I would call him out as well.

I don't agree with this. There's NOTHING you can get away with in CBS without an electronic "paper trail". This situation is a perfect example. There's email notifications and the transaction report, with EVERY move time stamped. It HAS to be there. If it isn't it was deleted by a whoever has the Keys.

I've never crossed my owners in 10+ years with CBS, but I also explain I can't, there's too many checks......no the old days off the web, that will goto the grave. :thumbsdown:

Thanks everybody for your posts. After I posted a couple of messages on our league board about it, the commissioner sent out an apology to everybody for an inadvertent add/drop. My guess is kicker would be the only position that nobody would notice/care about, and the easiest to slip through. :thumbsdown:

I haven't been a CBS league commissioner, and may set up a dummy league to see what he sees. But according to him, there are Commissioner tools integrated into the same screens they use when viewing adds/drops. In his message he said the overrides were turned on and that he didn't even notice the transaction not going through waivers. According to what you guys said, he would have had to manually remove the red transaction alert saying "commissioner overrode the waiver wait" to cover his tracks. Not cool...

Anyway, he rolled back the transaction and will be running all of his transactions through the "assistant commish" now. Takes the fun out of things when you have to start looking at any weirdness in the league as potential shenanigans... :dunno:

Thanks again for your comments--

Phlebber

You can contact CBS for proof. There is no such thing as a true "delete" when it comes to these things. CBS will pwn him. Good luck. Kick him out or get into another league.

I don't agree with this. There's NOTHING you can get away with in CBS without an electronic "paper trail". This situation is a perfect example. There's email notifications and the transaction report, with EVERY move time stamped. It HAS to be there. If it isn't it was deleted by a whoever has the Keys.

As a commish, you CAN delete transactions from said transaction report.

Though you should be able to bust him with the email notifications -- if they are set "on".

Thanks everybody for your posts. After I posted a couple of messages on our league board about it, the commissioner sent out an apology to everybody for an inadvertent add/drop. My guess is kicker would be the only position that nobody would notice/care about, and the easiest to slip through. :pointstosky:

I haven't been a CBS league commissioner, and may set up a dummy league to see what he sees. But according to him, there are Commissioner tools integrated into the same screens they use when viewing adds/drops. In his message he said the overrides were turned on and that he didn't even notice the transaction not going through waivers. According to what you guys said, he would have had to manually remove the red transaction alert saying "commissioner overrode the waiver wait" to cover his tracks. Not cool...

Anyway, he rolled back the transaction and will be running all of his transactions through the "assistant commish" now. Takes the fun out of things when you have to start looking at any weirdness in the league as potential shenanigans... :thumbsdown:

Thanks again for your comments--

Phlebber

He's sort of correct. As a CBS commish, I have the ability to perform transactions immediately or process them per the league rules. However the default is to process per league rules. I have to check a box to over-ride the league rules in order to process immediately. Kind of the opposite of what he's telling you.

The other thing about your post that leads me to believe he did this intentionally is that he deleted the transaction from the transaction log. There's no reason to do this unless you're trying to cover your trail. The only reason I ever delete transactions from the log is if I inadvertently process the wrong transaction and have to reset the rosters to the original state. In that case I delete the records of those transactions.

As a commish, you CAN delete transactions from said transaction report.

Though you should be able to bust him with the email notifications -- if they are set "on".

YES, but if you delete the transaction, how do you explain him being on your roster ? EVERY roster move HAS to be on the Transaction Report.

Just like this case.

The Cheating Commish came up with a BS answer that it was accidental. That's about 1 in a billiion chance. He accidentally selectedTynes, then dropped another Kicker, then deleted the transaction :headbanger:

The fact now is, he is capable of crossing that line. Cheating. Are these longtime friends and family ? GREED, plain and simple. I had a co-comish from the Car Wash where our league was founded 15years ago. He did this when he was #1 but the lead was shrinking. We kicked him out that week, and he's no longer in our circle of friends. GREED, makes people do crazy things.

guys a cheat plain and simple....i had a commish two years ago pull some similar lameness.

his was harder for everyone to detect though. he would set his lineup like normal and then if he had someone on his bench get off to a great start ie. a long TD or 2 quick ones. in first quarter of games he would then bench someone getting shut out and play the guy having a day. he only did it in first quarter and unless you were watching the live scoring you would never know he had the other guy in before.

he got busted when my buddy was doing just that. then since i was co commish i went back and looked at his roster moves. lol half of them were after games had started. when confronted about this his claim was he had no clue what happened. most be something wrong with the league...i said he was right, the league was dammaged cuz he was in it and made him forfeit his points title that he would have won, forfeited his playoff spot he had, and booted him from the league. :headbanger: :overhead:

to this day this pr1ck still claims injustice. :overhead:

cheating these days is always easy to find and prove...if he tries to deny just show the proof. then kick him in the face in front of his kids. :cheers:

guys a cheat plain and simple....i had a commish two years ago pull some similar lameness.

his was harder for everyone to detect though. he would set his lineup like normal and then if he had someone on his bench get off to a great start ie. a long TD or 2 quick ones. in first quarter of games he would then bench someone getting shut out and play the guy having a day. he only did it in first quarter and unless you were watching the live scoring you would never know he had the other guy in before.

he got busted when my buddy was doing just that. then since i was co commish i went back and looked at his roster moves. lol half of them were after games had started. when confronted about this his claim was he had no clue what happened. most be something wrong with the league...i said he was right, the league was dammaged cuz he was in it and made him forfeit his points title that he would have won, forfeited his playoff spot he had, and booted him from the league. :overhead: :overhead:

to this day this pr1ck still claims injustice. :cheers:

cheating these days is always easy to find and prove...if he tries to deny just show the proof. then kick him in the face in front of his kids. :overhead:

This.... :headbanger:

YES, but if you delete the transaction, how do you explain him being on your roster ? EVERY roster move HAS to be on the Transaction Report.

Just like this case.

The Cheating Commish came up with a BS answer that it was accidental. That's about 1 in a billiion chance. He accidentally selectedTynes, then dropped another Kicker, then deleted the transaction :headbanger:

The fact now is, he is capable of crossing that line. Cheating. Are these longtime friends and family ? GREED, plain and simple. I had a co-comish from the Car Wash where our league was founded 15years ago. He did this at #1. We kicked him out that week, and he's no longer in our circle of friends. GREED, makes people do crazy things.

I agree with you homez... but I'm just saying a transaction can be deleted from the report. And kickers fly under the radar. Without the transaction report, you'd have to know his roster, then dig up the draft results and trace all transactions to his current roster. A lot of people wouldn't catch that... 'cos its a kicker.

His shenanigans would have passed on a lot of folks. Kudos for catching this d-bag.

My commish did something similar two years ago in CBS. And it's a league with all friends so I don't get why he cheated. Anyways ...

He adjusted his lineup AFTER the 1:00 games started. I forget who had had in his lineup, but at around 1:15 PM he swapped that player for Willis McGahee who had score a touchdown in like the first minute of the game. He thought he'd be slick and tell everyone that he changed his lineup right before kickoff ... but he didn't know that all lineup adjustments are recorded in the transaction report.

I noticed it because I was playing him. I called up the transaction report and sure enough he changed his lineup after kickoff. The lineup change showed up in RED proving it was a commish move. I immediately took a screenshot of the transaction log so I had proof of the illegal move.

I called him out on it before making it public. I figured if he swapped it back I wouldn't complain to everyone. He instead DELETED the ENTIRE transaction log. Everything was gone. He didn't know I took a screenshot.

Needless to say I exposed his cheating ass to everyone.

Moral of the story.... screenshot everything before calling someone out. Save your proof.

This is my first year in a CBS league, and I'm wondering if some shenanigans are going on. Wondering if somebody more experienced with CBS leagues could help tell me what's going on. Last night waivers were executed in our work $$$ league, and a player in our league dropped Tynes. I know he's a kicker but he's currently #1 K in our league and I need one pretty badly. Well, I just got an email saying our commissioner dropped his kicker and picked Tynes up, even though all other players dropped last night show that they won't clear waivers until NEXT THURSDAY. I checked our leagues transaction log and although we all got an email about it, the waiver pickup is absent from the log. Last night, commish had Gould. Right now, he has Tynes.

So, my first question is...in a CBS league, would the commissioner have to purposely override the wait for him to pick up this kicker less than 24 hours after he was dropped? Secondly, any idea why we all got an email about the Tynes pick-up but it wouldn't show up in the transaction log? I was thinking that maybe rather than claiming Tynes off waivers, he just edited his roster, but that wouldn't have kicked out an email. So, he must have overrode the waiver pick up and then manually removed the transaction.

I want to believe that it's just an accident. But, I hate not playing on an even playing field. Especially if it's a money league.

Thanks--

Phlebber

As a CBS commish as well this guy flat out cheated, :headbanger: I would bring it up to all the league owners and take a vote to replace him. :overhead:

he got busted when my buddy was doing just that. then since i was co commish i went back and looked at his roster moves. lol half of them were after games had started. when confronted about this his claim was he had no clue what happened. most be something wrong with the league...i said he was right, the league was dammaged cuz he was in it and made him forfeit his points title that he would have won, forfeited his playoff spot he had, and booted him from the league. :thumbsup: :overhead:

to this day this pr1ck still claims injustice. :shocking:

cheating these days is always easy to find and prove...if he tries to deny just show the proof. then kick him in the face in front of his kids. :overhead:

I'm by no means defending this guy, but two years ago we had tremendous problems in CBS with players that were subbed out just before a game still showing up after the games had started. Our commish got slews of emails for a while about it. We finally just learned to deal with it...as long as the lineups showed correctly for our teams, the scores got adjusted eventually. But along those notes. I took screen shots of EVERYBODY's lineup before each game start time.

With this in mind, and since I've had some problems with our league commish, I think I'm going to set up a dummy email address and have EVERY change forwarded to it. It pretty much overwhelms my regular inbox, but I want records from here out.

I'm by no means defending this guy, but two years ago we had tremendous problems in CBS with players that were subbed out just before a game still showing up after the games had started. Our commish got slews of emails for a while about it. We finally just learned to deal with it...as long as the lineups showed correctly for our teams, the scores got adjusted eventually. But along those notes. I took screen shots of EVERYBODY's lineup before each game start time.

With this in mind, and since I've had some problems with our league commish, I think I'm going to set up a dummy email address and have EVERY change forwarded to it. It pretty much overwhelms my regular inbox, but I want records from here out.

problem was it was only his team....and the moves were always after the players had blown up...when i researched it i went so far as to go to nfl.com and look up scoring summaries to compare when his transactions were being made. it was always after something good happened to someone who was on his bench that they suddenly got into his lineup. plus like a jerk he didnt even try to say i meant to put that guy in or i made the switch right before the game started it must have gotten delayed.....no his defense was " i dont know how he got into my lineup" "he was on my bench ill just put him back".

:doublethumbsup:

kid a real low life. i could see in your situation where the whole league havin issues. but only one guy and just so happens to be the commish? no dice. he was the weakest link and we said good bye to the bum.

problem was it was only his team....and the moves were always after the players had blown up...when i researched it i went so far as to go to nfl.com and look up scoring summaries to compare when his transactions were being made. it was always after something good happened to someone who was on his bench that they suddenly got into his lineup. plus like a jerk he didnt even try to say i meant to put that guy in or i made the switch right before the game started it must have gotten delayed.....no his defense was " i dont know how he got into my lineup" "he was on my bench ill just put him back".

:doublethumbsup:

kid a real low life. i could see in your situation where the whole league havin issues. but only one guy and just so happens to be the commish? no dice. he was the weakest link and we said good bye to the bum.

yeah. i posted a thread that was similar earlier this week, commish making changes to his roster after they had locked but before the games started. I grabbed screen shots as well. I trust no one!!!

I find it unfathomable that the transaction logs can be edited by a commish. Totally opens the door to cheating.

I find it unfathomable that the transaction logs can be edited by a commish. Totally opens the door to cheating.

It doesn't, because EVERY MOVE MUST BE THERE. Sometimes rosters need to be edited and each correction has a cost, so sometimes they need to be deleted so the costs aren't added to the owners.

You need to have a Trustworthy commissioner, that's the first and foremost with an FF league.

He's sort of correct. As a CBS commish, I have the ability to perform transactions immediately or process them per the league rules. However the default is to process per league rules. I have to check a box to over-ride the league rules in order to process immediately. Kind of the opposite of what he's telling you.

The other thing about your post that leads me to believe he did this intentionally is that he deleted the transaction from the transaction log. There's no reason to do this unless you're trying to cover your trail. The only reason I ever delete transactions from the log is if I inadvertently process the wrong transaction and have to reset the rosters to the original state. In that case I delete the records of those transactions.

As a CBS commish, this is exactly correct.

Wow, I hope your commish does not win the league this year and I wouldn't re-join this league again with him in charge.

Good luck to you the rest of the way! Kudos to you for watching things closely and calling him out. :headbanger: