Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***Official NCAA wagering thread***

Overall NCAA: 122-106-6; -2.04 units

Subset: 10 unit plays: 21-23-2; -29.32

Subset: 5 unit plays: 52-44-3; +6.62 units

Wednesday. If another thread started, I missed it. I sh!t my pants last week in college and pros. It's a brand new week.

Tulsa (-8)@-108 for 10 units LOSER

Tulsa 1st H (-4.5)@-110 for 10 units LOSER

Tulsa getting 76% of the action. Whatever.

Edit:

Overall NCAA: 122-108-6; -23.84 units

Subset: 10 unit plays: 21-25-2; -51.1

On it as well. Just don't see UTEP hanging with Tulsa in this one.

YTD: -1 unit

Tonight: Tulsa -8 1.5 units (-120)

Good luck all...

Butchered AGAIN on these focking POS Wednesday night games. Took Tulsa for 2 units on the 2H line and was looking solid up 11 with the ball and 7 minutes left in the game. Tulsa OF COURSE goes conservative and blows the lead. Why oh Why can I NEVER get a pick focking 6 in a game to close it out. This year is driving me focking crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dropped 4 focking units tonight on this chit game. YTD -5 units. I'm taking the weekend off to regroup. I can't take this BS anymore. Chicago Sunday Night, Chargers Monday Night, and now this Tulsa garbage. Thank God I picked up 2 units last night on the Yankees.

Good luck all this weekend. I'm done till next week to regroup. Can't take anymore bad beats....

not much of a college betting guy, but i follow the PAC-10 pretty closely.

im also an Oregon State Alum, so take this for what its worth. i really like the Beavs getting 21 points at USC.

Posting picks is just not working right now. Might be time for a hiatus to change my luck. :thumbsup:

Posting picks is just not working right now. Might be time for a hiatus to change my luck. :doublethumbsup:

posting had u up a bunch of units a few weeks ago. stick with it, it'll turn. me, i'm pretty much done with ncaafb this yr. stickin to nfl and mma and getting ready for cbball.

Posting picks is just not working right now. Might be time for a hiatus to change my luck. :thumbsdown:

Don't blame you PB. Anything to change the karma. I'm trying anything and everything at this point. I tend to fare better watching games upstairs on my 27" TV instead of my 50" plasma, so I'm pulling out all the stops! :wub:

That Tulsa game was a bad beat. Why the hell that Tulsa coach was so dead set on running the clock up by 11 when you're facing the 119th ranked pass defense is beyond me. The missed pick 6 to close out the game almost made me puke!

Posting picks is just not working right now. Might be time for a hiatus to change my luck. :dunno:

Don't stop now Philly. Become a paid tout and change your name to Phadybear. You post your picks, everyone fades you and wins. You charge a percentage for your service. Everyone wins :headbanger: Me and my buddy actually talked about doing this a couple years ago cause we sucked so bad. We were going to start a website called, bto.com (BetTheOpposite). Let me know if you need a business partner. BTW, I lost with your picks last night too :rolleyes: I should have known better when I initially liked UTEP at 7.5 and it moved to 9 by gametime. Should have been all over that. Bastards! Got sucked in.

Tell me you like NC tonight -2.5, cause I'm going FSU ML

College 37-38-1 - 3.21 Units

Staying with the teams past records on Thursday

UNC 1-0 FSU 0-2

UNC -2.5 1.35 UnitsLoser

Don't stop now Philly. Become a paid tout and change your name to Phadybear. You post your picks, everyone fades you and wins. You charge a percentage for your service. Everyone wins :overhead: Me and my buddy actually talked about doing this a couple years ago cause we sucked so bad. We were going to start a website called, bto.com (BetTheOpposite). Let me know if you need a business partner. BTW, I lost with your picks last night too <_< I should have known better when I initially liked UTEP at 7.5 and it moved to 9 by gametime. Should have been all over that. Bastards! Got sucked in.

Tell me you like NC tonight -2.5, cause I'm going FSU ML

funny thing is u know once u or anyone else did that you'd immediately become amazing at making picks.

I'm taking FSU tonight +3 (buying half a point). UNC just has no offense this year. Ponder and Co. should be able to put between 10-20 points on the board, so it's up to UNC offense to do the same. Plus, I think FSU being 2-4 lights a fire under their butts to get it going already. The season has been embarrassing enough for them as it is. They showed BYU how dangerous they can be when they are focused on the game. Then again, UNC will be rocking for their first Thursday night game so who knows. That's why they call it gambling! :overhead:

Also, is anybody taking a look at Miami -4 1/2 this Saturday at home against Clemson? I follow the ACC and realize Clemson is better than their record indicates. I think I read somewhere where 8 out of their last 10 losses have been by < 7 points. Having said that, Miami has played great at home thus far this season, especially their offensive line. This is huge as when Jacory gets good protection, Miami's offense is almost unstoppable. Clemson has a talented front 5, but if Miami's offensive line continues to play over their heads at home, Clemson will be playing catch up the entire game, and their offense just isn't capable of putting up better than average numbers against Miami in my opinion.

What does everyone else think?

The game I'm looking at is San Diego St. +7 @ Colorado St. I watched most of CSU @ TCU last week and the Rams were hanging tough for the 1st Q and a half, got a few turnovers and were leading 6-3. Then the floodgates opened and TCU scored 5 touchdowns in the next 20 minutes of play. And I wasn't that impressed with TCU as I was bothered with the horrible secondary coverage of CSU. Many receivers were literally 15 yards open for TCU. Anyways, San Diego St.'s strength would appear to be in the passing game, avging 252 yds per game, while CSU is giving up about that same amount per game. 5 of the last 10 meetings have been decided by a TD or less and S.D.St has even won 4 of the last 5 matchups at CSU, so you can't really say that SDSt has a tough time playing there. Colo St.'s main RB, Mason is doubtful due to rib injury. I thought I saw the line open at 9, is now down to 7. Historically I like taking Colorado St as a dog, but not so much as a favorite. I'm not convinced they can win this game by a TD or more. TAKE the Aztecs. :thumbsup:

College 37-38-1 - 3.21 Units

Staying with the teams past records on Thursday

UNC 1-0 FSU 0-2

UNC -2.5 1.35 UnitsLoser

Brutal INT by Yates, up 24-13 and going for another score and he just lobs it up like a focking loser, wow is he horrible.

anyone find dr. bob? this is all i can find but not sure if its right or not.

USF 3 stars

Alabama 2 stars

Auburn 3 stars

Maryland Strong Op.

Ohio Strong Op.

Mizzou Strong Op.

Mich State Strong Op.

USC -20.5 Strong Op.

Nebraska Strong Op.

Rotation #325 South Florida (+7) 3-Stars at +7 or more, 2-Stars down to +4.

Rotation #318 Purdue (-10) 2-Stars at -10 or less, Strong Opinion up to -11.

Rotation #321 Indiana (+6) 2-Stars at +3 1/2 or more.

Rotation #348 Alabama (-14 1/2) 2-Stars at -17 or less, 3-Stars at -14.

Rotation #393 Auburn (+7 1/2) 3-Stars at +7 or more, 2-Stars down to +5.

Strong Opinions

Strong Opinion - Rotation #311 Maryland (+5) Strong Opinion at +4 or more.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #340 Ohio (-9 1/2) Strong Opinion at -10 or less.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #358 Missouri (+13) Strong Opinion at +11 or more, 2-Star Best Bet at +14.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #384 Michigan State (pick) Strong Opinion at -1 or pick, 2-Star Best Bet at +1 or more.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #398 USC (-20 1/2) Strong Opinion at -21 or less.

Strong Opinion - Rotation #332 Nebraska (-17 1/2) Strong Opinion at -18 or less, 2-Star Best Bet at -17.

A couple of Big Ten plays for the weekend

PennSt -4.5 (-105) Winner

OhioSt -16 (-105) Winner

MichiganSt -1.5 (-105) Loser

Illinois +11 (-105)Winner

Northwestern -5 (-105) Loser

BostonCollege +7.5 (-105) Winner

Michigan Under 22 points (-115) 1.5 units Winner

Overall NCAA: 122-108-6; -23.84 units

Subset: 10 unit plays: 21-25-2; -51.1

Friday

Army (+11)@-114 for 10 units LOSER

Adding: Army (+4)@-110 2nd H for 10 units WINNER

I see a lot of love for the Spartans this weekend at home (-1.5). Does anyone have any insight to share with me on this game? They can come out like gangbusters at times, but I have a hard time trusting them in a big game like tonight vs a highly ranked opponent. Is Iowa that good? Any input would be great guys, I want some action on this game!

I've been looking at the GT -5.5 this game is looking better and better as the day goes on! Anyone else on board with GT???

I see a lot of love for the Spartans this weekend at home (-1.5). Does anyone have any insight to share with me on this game? They can come out like gangbusters at times, but I have a hard time trusting them in a big game like tonight vs a highly ranked opponent. Is Iowa that good? Any input would be great guys, I want some action on this game!

Obvioulsy biased here, but night game for them, I think they will be pumped up and Dantonio will have a few special plays in the game tonight. They have a decent record at night games recently I think 3-2 with exception of the ND debacle a few years ago. Defense has slowly gotten better from the CMU and ND game. I think Cousins will be the only WB playing as Nicol is banged up still which i think will benfit the entire offense.

Obvioulsy biased here, but night game for them, I think they will be pumped up and Dantonio will have a few special plays in the game tonight. They have a decent record at night games recently I think 3-2 with exception of the ND debacle a few years ago. Defense has slowly gotten better from the CMU and ND game. I think Cousins will be the only WB playing as Nicol is banged up still which i think will benfit the entire offense.

People have no love for Iowa at all, even Dr. Bob was on Mich St.. Im feeling Iowa big time, but when there is this much love for Mich st, I think I should pass and leave this one alone..

Overall NCAA: 123-109-6; -24.24 units

Subset: 10 unit plays: 22-26-2; -52.5

Saturday. May add more.

10 units

Bowling Green (+10)@-115 LOSER

Indiana (+5)@-105 WINNER

Buffalo (+5)@-105 WINNER

Oklahoma (-7)@-118 WINNER

Navy (+3)@115 WINNER

Louisville (+17)@-105 LOSER

Central Florida (-9.5)@-115 WINNER

Florida Atlantic (+3)@-109 WINNER

Arizona (-7)@-112 WINNER

South Carolina (-13.5)@-102 LOSER

Tulane (+21)@-107 LOSER

Kentucky (-13.5)@-115 WINNER

Auburn (+7.5)@-105 LOSER

TCU (-2.5)@-110 WINNER

Oregon St (+21)@-110 WINNER

Stanford (-6.5)@-110 WINNER

Fresno St 2nd H (-10.5)@-110 WINNER

Boise St 2nd H (-9)@-115 WINNER

Summary: 13-5; +76.60 units

5 units

Purdue (-10)@-112 PUSH

South Florida (+7)@-115 LOSER

Nebraska (-20)@-105 LOSER

Miami OH (+11.5)@-105 WINNER

Maryland (+4)@-104 PUSH

Ohio U (-9.5)@-105 LOSER

Alabama (-13.5)@-105 LOSER

Oregon (-9.5)@-105 WINNER

San Diego St (+7.5)@Even WINNER

Michigan St (-1.5)@-105 LOSER

SMU (+16)@-105 LOSER

Missouri (+12.5)@-105 LOSER

Fresno St (-24)@-105 WINNER

Boise St (-24.5)@-105 WINNER

Summary: 5-7-2; -12.25 units

3 units

UAB (+7)@-105 LOSER

Minnesota (+16.5)@-105 LOSER

Baylor (+10)@-115 LOSER

LaTech (+1.5)@-105 LOSER

Clemson (+4.5)@-105 WINNER

Air Force (+9)@-105 WINNER

Texas A&M (+21.5)@-105 WINNER

Summary: 3-4: -3.9 units

Good luck to all. Especially me.

Lopsided action...

Marshall 71% over UAB

Syracuse 85% over Akron

Georgia Tech 81% over Virginia

Miami Fla 80% over Clemson

Central Mich 79% over Bowling Green

South Carolina 82% over Vanderbilt

Northern Ill 79% over Miami OH

Oklahoma St 84% over Baylor

Ohio U 72% over Kent

Western Mich 79% over Buffalo

Idaho 73% over Nevada

Arizona 70% over UCLA

Arkansas 72% over Mississippi

Central Flor 76% over Rice

Iowa 74% over Mich St

UNLV 72% over New Mexico

Stanford 73% over Arizona St

Boise St 72% over Hawaii

Troy 72% over North Texas

Four Plays Today:

Michigan State -1 (this is the week Iowa trips up)

MN-OSU Over 42 (Gophers were shutout at Penn State - won't happen again)

Georgia Tech -5.5 (Offense gets it done today)

TCU -2.5 (BYU looking for revenge but it won't happen)

Early leans for tomorrow:

Houston -3

Vikes +6

Colts -13.5

Good luck all - it's time to go on a run! A long, properous run!!

People have no love for Iowa at all, even Dr. Bob was on Mich St.. Im feeling Iowa big time, but when there is this much love for Mich st, I think I should pass and leave this one alone..

Iowa is getting pounded actually froom everything I have seen

Ytd: 8-6-1 +1.62 units

Arkansas +7 (-110)

Iowa St +20 (-106)

Pittsburgh -6.5 (-106)

Northwestern -5 (-103)

Oklahoma St -8.5 (-105)

1 unit each

Adding

Central Florida (-9.5)@-115 for 10 units

Oregon (-9.5)@-105 for 5 units

San Diego St (+7.5)@Even for 5 units

Adding...

Boston College/ND Over 54 (-107)

UCF/Rice Under 51 (-105)

Clemson/Miami Over 42.5 (-101)

Kansas +7.5 (-106)

Tennessee/Bama Over 42.5 (-105)

Iowa +2 (-105)

1 unit each

Sigh. Purdue misses a late FG to cover, and Centr Mich gets a front door cover. Focking Bowling Green fumbling on the 7 yard line in the 2nd H was a killer.

Sigh. :doublethumbsup:

Afternoon gentlemen,

Squeezing in an afternoon play here:

Idaho/Nevada OVER 67

Good luck!!

PhillyBear, Do you really bet 35-40 games? I wouldn't bet an old pair of socks on half of those games...

PhillyBear, Do you really bet 35-40 games? I wouldn't bet an old pair of socks on half of those games...

Yes, and I've been doing it for the better part of 20 years. After much experimentation, I've found that it's the best chance for turning a profit, as weird as it sounds.

Idaho/Nevada OVER 67

:blink:

Added plays:

Texas Tech -22

Mississippi State +22.5

Good luck!!

A couple of Big Ten plays for the weekend

PennSt -4.5 (-105) Winner

OhioSt -16 (-105) Winner

MichiganSt -1.5 (-105) Loser

Illinois +11 (-105)Winner

Northwestern -5 (-105) Loser

BostonCollege +7.5 (-105) Winner

Michigan Under 22 points (-115) 1.5 units Winner

5-2 not bad too bad the refs blew the focking MSU game with bullsh1t focking calls on a perfectly legal hit. Just because the poossay has to be carried off in a body bag doesn't mean they have to throw a flag. FOCK YOU :rolleyes:

The game I'm looking at is San Diego St. +7 @ Colorado St. I watched most of CSU @ TCU last week and the Rams were hanging tough for the 1st Q and a half, got a few turnovers and were leading 6-3. Then the floodgates opened and TCU scored 5 touchdowns in the next 20 minutes of play. And I wasn't that impressed with TCU as I was bothered with the horrible secondary coverage of CSU. Many receivers were literally 15 yards open for TCU. Anyways, San Diego St.'s strength would appear to be in the passing game, avging 252 yds per game, while CSU is giving up about that same amount per game. 5 of the last 10 meetings have been decided by a TD or less and S.D.St has even won 4 of the last 5 matchups at CSU, so you can't really say that SDSt has a tough time playing there. Colo St.'s main RB, Mason is doubtful due to rib injury. I thought I saw the line open at 9, is now down to 7. Historically I like taking Colorado St as a dog, but not so much as a favorite. I'm not convinced they can win this game by a TD or more. TAKE the Aztecs. :music_guitarred:

I'm kinda glad I wasn't home to watch this one, as Colo St. was up 14-0 after the 1st Q. But SDSt. scored 35 in the second half and won by 14. WINNER

For the second week in a row, I was able to find a 7 to 10 pt underdog that I thought would win the game. (Texas Tech last week) I'm enjoying it, cuz I know it won't happen for me again for a long long time.

Philly, looks like your 10 unit plays have you ahead this week. Keep posting, it's great to hear your view on these games!