Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

LeSean McCoy vs Shonn Greene

LeSean?

Shonn (Spelling?)

Anyway...back to FF

Ive seen alot o talk about both, but havent compared the 2 of them yet

Both are still available in alot of leagues, and alot of owners may be going after them this week

Whose better the rest of the year??

Shonn Greene had a solid day vs OAK, but has Thomas Jones ahead of him (Lean Washingtons leg..OUCH!!)

McCoy starting this week probably, and with Westbrooks injury and his history...may get more starts than Greene moving forward

So whatchya'll think??

Whose the better back for the rest of Fantasy Football 09!

Okay..ill start.

Both backs relevance to Fantasy Football "start-um" is based on injuries biting the teams #1 back

Thomas Jones is on a terror this season, and Shonn Greene could be on a terror if TJ wasnt in front of him. I still see Greene posting "Donald Brown" type numbers. Good yards per carry, occasional goal line score, etc. But nothing to count on as far as a fantasy starter

Greene's Remaining Schedule:

Week 8 MIA

Week 9 bye

Week 10 JAC

Week 11 @NWE

Week 12 CAR

Week 13 @BUF

Week 14 @TAM

Week 15 ATL

Week 16 @IND

LeSean McCoy is on a bit of a faster track, as it looks Westbrook will be out this week, and possibly more. Some reports are listing him out 2-4 weeks. He lost conciousness, doesnt even remember the play or minutes afterwards. Which would indicate a severe concussion.

Philly past first team, but as a starter I think this fact alone pushes McCoy ahead of Greene. Needs to be mentioned that McCoy only averaged 2.6 yards per carry against the sorry ass WASH after Westbrook left the game.

McCoys remaining schedule:

Week 8 NYG

Week 9 DAL

Week 10 @SDG

Week 11 @CHI

Week 12 WAS

Week 13 @ATL

Week 14 @NYG

Week 15 SFO

Week 16 DEN

Even playing field, where both were starters...I pick Greene over McCoy. In the current situation where Thomas Jones is still ahead of Greene, then that moves McCoy ahead of Greene for the rest of the season.

That MY opinion, and answer to my own question. But wouldnt mind some feedback...im gonna drop Caddy Williams for one of them, and im leaning toward McCoy. Thoughtttttttssssss???

Okay..ill start.

Both backs relevance to Fantasy Football "start-um" is based on injuries biting the teams #1 back

Thomas Jones is on a terror this season, and Shonn Greene could be on a terror if TJ wasnt in front of him. I still see Greene posting "Donald Brown" type numbers. Good yards per carry, occasional goal line score, etc. But nothing to count on as far as a fantasy starter

Greene's Remaining Schedule:

Week 8 MIA

Week 9 bye

Week 10 JAC

Week 11 @NWE

Week 12 CAR

Week 13 @BUF

Week 14 @TAM

Week 15 ATL

Week 16 @IND

LeSean McCoy is on a bit of a faster track, as it looks Westbrook will be out this week, and possibly more. Some reports are listing him out 2-4 weeks. He lost conciousness, doesnt even remember the play or minutes afterwards. Which would indicate a severe concussion.

Philly past first team, but as a starter I think this fact alone pushes McCoy ahead of Greene. Needs to be mentioned that McCoy only averaged 2.6 yards per carry against the sorry ass WASH after Westbrook left the game.

McCoys remaining schedule:

Week 8 NYG

Week 9 DAL

Week 10 @SDG

Week 11 @CHI

Week 12 WAS

Week 13 @ATL

Week 14 @NYG

Week 15 SFO

Week 16 DEN

Even playing field, where both were starters...I pick Greene over McCoy. In the current situation where Thomas Jones is still ahead of Greene, then that moves McCoy ahead of Greene for the rest of the season.

That MY opinion, and answer to my own question. But wouldnt mind some feedback...im gonna drop Caddy Williams for one of them, and im leaning toward McCoy. Thoughtttttttssssss???

Both should be on your team (and why not? who else do you have to drop?). I have McCoy and Greene in one league and Greene in my other. That said, Jets have the best run blocking line in football. Philly's running game is not well. Jets run the ball 30-45 times a game, averaging about 35 on the season and 40 over their last 3. Shonn Greene will get a lot of goal line touches and 12-18 touches a game. And it's hard to rely on McCoy when Westbrook is playing, so is 2-4 weeks of McCoy starting behind Philly's line worth the rest of the season of Greene getting decent touches behind a dominant line? I don't think so. Go Greene!

Both should be on your team (and why not? who else do you have to drop?). I have McCoy and Greene in one league and Greene in my other. That said, Jets have the best run blocking line in football. Philly's running game is not well. Jets run the ball 30-45 times a game, averaging about 35 on the season and 40 over their last 3. Shonn Greene will get a lot of goal line touches and 12-18 touches a game. And it's hard to rely on McCoy when Westbrook is playing, so is 2-4 weeks of McCoy starting behind Philly's line worth the rest of the season of Greene getting decent touches behind a dominant line? I don't think so. Go Greene!

Beautiful response! And thank you...

But alas..i can only carry one of them

I went RB/RB/RB...and can only carry 4 backs

So my backs are Slaton, Gore, Kevin Smith, and Caddy who is going bye bye for one of these upstarts

greene has more upside. He is more explosive than mcCoy and the jets run more so there are more carries for greene than mcCoy

Greene is more explosive than McCoy based on what?

More carries......maybe.........More touches.........not so sure about that.

how did mccoy do monday night? greene tore up the same raider team that shut mccoy and the eagles down

Feel free to base your argument on a small sample size. Greene may end up better than McCoy but I won't rush to judgement as you've chosen to do.

McCoy is a better option in yearly leagues ... he will get twice as many opportunities this year. For the record; Washington run D is pretty tough, so I wouldn't look too much into his rough game last Monday.

Greene looked fantastic, but watching that game you knew the Raiders mailed it in at half time, so I wouldn't expect those types of numbers going forward esp with T Jones playing like a Stud.

Eagles will have 15/20 more offensive plays per game IMO, so I'm a McCoy supporter in a yearly senerio

this is a trade high situation for Greene in yearly leagues

just my 2 cents

I got Greene off WW and looking at his schedule in weeks 12 (Car), 13 (Buf), 14 (TB) combined with Jets limiting how much Sanchez is throwing makes me seriously consider giving him a start. :overhead:

Knowshon, Marshawn, Keyshawn, Lesean, Desean, Shonn...Whatever happened to Sean/Shaun?

For the record i'd rather have Lesean over Shonn since he will see more playing time with Westys injuries

Jet Fan Here:

Love the way Shonn Greene runs the ball but he can not catch the ball if his life depended on it. With Leon Washington, he was a dual threat running/catching the ball. I think TJ will get passes thrown his way more now.

McCoy is a good play also b/c Mr Westbrook can not stay healthy. Unlike Greene, McCoy can catch the rock but Shonn Greene is a better rusher....IMO

Their mamas should be complimented. The boys received distinctive, NFL-sounding names, just as BenJarvus and Jamarcus did. If their names were Sid McCoy and Herb Greene, no NFL team would have drafted them.