Sign in to follow this  
dreen626

Kevin Smith?

So what's his deal now?

Dude has been a bust for me. Geesh.

He was pretty effective for a half. He lost a fumble early in the 3rd and the Lions gave up on him. He was running well and catches the ball well, but that team is horrible!

He lost a fumble and he was benched for a bit. He came back in for a few plays , looked good and was benched again . This coach is a total moron. K Smith was running like a profesional RB. Smith was running almost 5 yards a carry and busting a few good runs. so he benches him for Morris who looked terrible. Morris ran 6-10. a big 1.5 yards a carry. THis does not fall on K Smith. He might have had a nice day if he stayed in the game. and then to booth they bring Morris in on passing downs. K Smith is one of the better recieving backs in football. Beleive morris dropped atleast 1 pass. Again you dont take out of the game your best weapon on the day. some coaches baffle me.

Hate the coaches not Smith, he was the best thing the Lions had on the field. If you hate smith you were not watching the game. Dude ran hard . Smithn gets zero blame for today. Not much you can do when you have a good game and the coaches leave ya on the sidelines.

Hate the coaches not Smith, he was the best thing the Lions had on the field. If you hate smith you were not watching the game. Dude ran hard . Smithn gets zero blame for today. Not much you can do when you have a good game and the coaches leave ya on the sidelines.

Main problems with Smith is (1) no passing game and a rookie QB, (2) mediocre line, (3) brutal schedule. On a better team he might make a good RB2.

Actually, if you watched the game, you saw how absolutely average he is. The O-Line opened up some huge holes for him, and he could never take one to the next level. He has absolutely zero ability to break one off when it's there, and only gets "what's blocked". Oh, and he gave the game away with the fumble to start the 3rd quarter.

His deal is that he sucks and the Lions suck and he has ZERO fantasy value probably forever. No burst, no quick moves, nothing. A focking waste. For whatever reason, many owners here seem to think you should just ride him out. I say go ahead and do that. Im cutting my losses and moving forward.

Fock him. :bandana:

His deal is that he sucks and the Lions suck and he has ZERO fantasy value probably forever. No burst, no quick moves, nothing. A focking waste. For whatever reason, many owners here seem to think you should just ride him out. I say go ahead and do that. Im cutting my losses and moving forward.

Fock him. :bandana:

He has one move. It's when you see a gaping hole to dance side to side and get less yards than were available.

I think he has some value, but people drafted him expecting WAY MORE. I traded for him a few weeks ago as my #3 RB and I am ok with that, I did not give up all that much. I will only play him if I have to. I just do not think the coaches are using him correctly. With Calvin banged up and a rookie QB his value has taken a big hit.

He has considerably less talent than Pre-Injury Kevin Jones. That is a fact. And the team isn't really any better these days. He got over-drafted this year for sure.

Now that he's not getting the 20+ touches a game he was getting up to the bye week, his value is dropping big-time. As an owner relying on him to be my #2 back, I'm a bit concerned. He's actually played very well since the bye, running much better than he was early in the year, but he's not getting the work. I guess losing all the time with him as an every-down guy has led to Morris' insertion, though Morris is playing worse than Smith.

Next week against the Browns should be one of his best days of the season. After that, I think it will be hard to expect more than his customary 60-80 yards a week unless they go back to giving it to him 20+ times.

Now that he's not getting the 20+ touches a game he was getting up to the bye week, his value is dropping big-time. As an owner relying on him to be my #2 back, I'm a bit concerned. He's actually played very well since the bye, running much better than he was early in the year, but he's not getting the work. I guess losing all the time with him as an every-down guy has led to Morris' insertion, though Morris is playing worse than Smith.

Next week against the Browns should be one of his best days of the season. After that, I think it will be hard to expect more than his customary 60-80 yards a week unless they go back to giving it to him 20+ times.

No, he has NOT been playing better. What is it with this guy and people seeing things that arent there? Oh and ya think he'll run all over the Browns huh? Right. Thats what we all thought when he played the FOCKING Rams and the FOCKING Seabags back to back and didnt do a focking thing in either game. Screw PPR and pinball leagues where you get points for breathing.... in REAL leagues He is worthless in every possible facet of the game. No yards, No TDs, No nothing.

:banana:

I mean real football. He's obviously been subpar in fantasy since the bye, but if you've actually watched any of Detroit's games, he's been running well. No, not Chris Johnson great, but he's been picking up yards for a lousy team and is obviously their best option at RB by a lot.

Also, I don't think he'll run all over the Browns, but I do think he'll end up with somewhere around 100 total yards, and a fair chance at a score.

I drafted the guy and have watched him play a ton this year. Here's the problem. He has sub par acceleration and isn't fast when he gets to top speed.

Dude's slow. That's a problem.

I find any way to bench him now. I'll reach to bench him.

I mean real football. He's obviously been subpar in fantasy since the bye, but if you've actually watched any of Detroit's games, he's been running well. No, not Chris Johnson great, but he's been picking up yards for a lousy team and is obviously their best option at RB by a lot.

Also, I don't think he'll run all over the Browns, but I do think he'll end up with somewhere around 100 total yards, and a fair chance at a score.

He is what he is. Better than Maurice Morris for sure, but then a bag of hair satisfies that. Ksmith gets what's there and no more. He doesn't run through, around, or past anyone..... ever.

What gave me hope in drafting Smith this year was his strong finish to last season. Kevin was receiving 24 carries per game over the last month of 2008, producing an average of 105 yards per game and scoring a Touchdown in 3 of the last 4 contests. Heck, even stretched out to his last 8 games, when he was made the starter, he averaged 21 carries per game and 100 total yards every week. So he demonstrated he could tote the rock and be productive. Unfortunately, this year's changes have not helped Smith at all. Stafford has struggled. The new coaching staff is terrible in their play calling and the run scheme doesn't suit his style at all. Adding to the problems, his touches are way down. Over the past month, for example, he's only averaging 14 carries per game! His "bell cow" ability is going to waste in this offense, which seems dedicated to nothing else but trying to showcase their top draft pick. I put this on the coaching staff which was completely overhauled during the off-season and demonstrates massive incompetence every week. Kevin Smith entered 2009 as a candidate for well over 300 carries and potential for a 1,500 total yard season, but now it's a prayer that he even reaches 1,000 yards.

give the dude a break, he isn't getting any carries at all.... running backs need at least 20+ touches to be productive.... the guy doesn't even get a chance. He's not the best running back, but I think he is on par with Ryan Grant... but at least Ryan Grant gets the touches and he produces decent numbers.

With Ronnie out, I'm stuck starting Smith and I hope he begins to get some more touches.

As a Smith owner, I unfortunately think today is an anomaly since the Lions are playing the Browns. I think for the rest of the season he'll still be a #2 to #3 RB. I by no means think today is the start of some sort of second-half explosion - though I can still pray that it is. :banana:

1st and Goal from the 1 yard line and Detroit has to give Stafford another pass attempt. They really have it bad for this pretty boy out of Georgia :banana:

he's finally doing well today... but still not enough touches...12 carries, 4 recpts? seriously.... give him the damn ball!