Sign in to follow this  
TwentyFourSeven

Toby Gerhart

I don't know where else I should ask this question so here it is:

What are the scouts saying about Toby Gerhart? He looks great running the ball in college. 6 foot, 237 pound RB from Stanford. Seems to be able to pass and catch. Anyone hearing anything about this guy?

I'd compare him to a Peyton Hillis type RB. I don't see him ever developing into a John Riggins type RB.

He might even be the next Tommy Vardell, a fellow Cardinal alum.

I'd compare him to a Peyton Hillis type RB. I don't see him ever developing into a John Riggins type RB.

What about Merrill Hodge or Rick Fenney?

I see him more as a Jacob Hester/Brian Leonard type runner....maybe Craig James if he's drafted by the right team.

He's a great player. He is an absolute load to bring down but is not going to run away from too many people. I think he can be a workhorse runningback at the next level but is probably best paired with a speedy complementary back. Unfortunately he will probably get pigeonholed into the FB position because he is white. To quote somebody else: ".......the stereotype is that whites can't run. or jump. or catch. or elude. or do anything other than block, kick, or throw."

Watch him run all over Notre Dame's defense this weekend. You'll be impressed.

Awesome player. He should be a top contender for the Heisman.

...why is is being compared to "white" RBs only?

Awesome player. He should be a top contender for the Heisman.

...why is is being compared to "white" RBs only?

Um, because he is a white RB. Is your sense of humor not working today?

I hope you guys watched him shred Notre Dame's defense tonight. The guy is a player and has a very legitimate argument for the Heisman.

I love that every comparison in sports is always race related, no matter what. When Jamarcus Russell came out people asked was he more like Randall Cunningham or Steve Mcnair. When its obvious he should have been compared to Ryan Leaf

After watching the game today I am gonna say the Gerhart reminds me of Lorenzo White.

there I broke the stereotype, a White RB can now be compared to a running back named White

there I broke the stereotype, a White RB can now be compared to a running back named White

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

More Lendale White then Lorenzo White IMO , but certainly not Billy 'white shoes' Johnson or Roddy White