Chris Johnson aiming for 2,000 yds

Suddenly we have a marquee matchup:

Tennessee at Indianapolis

VY's 9 straight wins vs Indy's 20 straight (regular-season) wins

Indy trying to stay perfect

Chris Johnson aiming for 2,000 yds

titans beat the colts....I am calling it now

titans beat the colts....I am calling it now

Like this would shock anyone. You say that about every team that play the Colts. You been wrong 11 times now.

just now.....I witnessed VY become a man......the child is gone....now a full grown man stands before us. taking an 0-6 team and rallying them to 5 straight wins to get to 5-6 is amazing.

lets not get of ourselves. he's having a good stretch. can he consistently play like this?

he did have the clock management issue in the 1st half.

99 yard drive and Chris Johnson didn't get 1 of those yards and they had 2 timeouts.. most impressive.

I've been slowly becoming a believer on Vince Young and at this point I'm think that he is the real deal. Some guys just have "it" and Vince Young is that guy. It was an 18 play, 99 yard drive to win with the clock at 0:00.

Sure you can find some negatives, he made a mistake on the drive, and he got a lucky bounce at least twice. But on an 18 play drive the QB has so many responsibilities that making a mistake or two is still performing at a top level. Vince Young reminds me of Steve Young when he scrambles, both when he runs and because he always seems to just dump it at the last second when he passes.

I would be pissed if I was a Titans fans. They gave up on the season all the way through the Patriots game. They should have put Vince Young in after the Jets loss, against Jacksonville, it would have given Vince Young a weak opponent and a chance to get prepared to play against Peyton and Brady. At 0-3 it was time and Collins was getting worse. He tossed two interceptions against Jacksonville, the worst pass Defense of the time. It would have been good experience to match him up against Peyton and Brady and good for the team as well. I bet Vince Young would have won the Jacksonville game.

Who knows maybe he just wasn't ready but right now he is and he looks like he's the real deal.

It's funny how rapidly your star rises and falls nowadays. It seems like only yesterday that sports journalists were welcoming Cutler as Chicago's messiah and heaping scorn on Vince Young. Now Cutler is the erratic no-talent and Vince is Da Man.

I like VY and am pleased to see him succeed. I was especially impressed by his ability to go airborne yesterday and move the team with his arm. However, he has had some luck during his current run. What I hope to see now is that he has acquired the maturity to handle it when he hits a rough patch and gets savaged by the media. If he can accept the reality that playing QB means getting deified one week and villified the next, I think he'll be around a while.

Vince was fortunate to get AZ at home without Warner. However, he won't get IND without Manning, and I think this road game will bring VY's fans to earth and get them to temper their 10-6 expectations. Given the appalling TEN start, a .500 finish would be an achievement.

As a longtime Titans' fan, I can say that VY looks like a different QB this season. He's still a threat to run, as he illustrated in the Titans-Texans game where he ran for a few critical 3rd-down conversions. However, the difference is that now, when he's scrambling, he's still looking to throw downfield (which he never would've done in the past).

Do I think that the Titans' resurgence is COMPLETELY because of VY???

No. I think that the return of Finnegan and Fuller helped alot too, as did the acquisition of Roderick Hood and the continued development of some of our young players (e.g. William Hayes & Kenny Britt). Also...I think that Heimerdinger simplified the playbook a bit and went back to running the ball, which was a much-needed change. But there's no doubt that having both VY and Johnson in the backfield is clearly bothering opposing defenses.

Overall, I'm happy to see that VY seems to have become a better and more mature player during his time off.

Hope he continues to improve...

:rolleyes:

I would be pissed if I was a Titans fans. They gave up on the season all the way through the Patriots game. They should have put Vince Young in after the Jets loss, against Jacksonville, it would have given Vince Young a weak opponent and a chance to get prepared to play against Peyton and Brady. At 0-3 it was time and Collins was getting worse. He tossed two interceptions against Jacksonville, the worst pass Defense of the time. It would have been good experience to match him up against Peyton and Brady and good for the team as well. I bet Vince Young would have won the Jacksonville game.

If you had watched the six losses, you would know that that is not the case. The team had at no point given up. They took the Steelers into OT, and played Houston back and forth in a nailbiter. The Jets of that time in the season were red hot.

And as for New England, the Titans had half their secondary, and no chance whatsoever to stop Moss and Brady, particularly in the snow, which, for obvious reasons, the New England players are more accustomed to playing in than the Titans are.

I'm not saying the Titans could beat the Pats now, but they could at least compete, with a healthy secondary, and a line that could have a chance to generate some pressure in no snow.

But Vince would have made no difference that day.

The real reason Vince was inserted as the starter when he was is not that the coaching staff thought he gave them a better chance to win than Collins. The fact was that they faced a franchise altering decision in the offseason as to whether or not to keep VY. They figured that, at 0-6, and ostensibly dead in the water, that they might as well audition the kid over the last ten games. Looks to me like VY has earned himself a contract extension this offseason.

lets not get of ourselves. he's having a good stretch. can he consistently play like this?

he did have the clock management issue in the 1st half.

As a homer, the difference between VY now, and the VY of the past is ummistakable. Now he can actually read a defense. He hits the hot read when teams blitz. He spreads the ball around to many different receivers.

I'm not saying the guy is, or will ever be, Peyton Manning. But the guy has learned to play the QB position. He is now at least as good a pocket passer as Collins is. And he still has the ability to extend drives and buy time with his legs.

And the real value of VY's athletic ability was apparent last night. Even though Vince had virtually no rushing yardage, the threat of his breakout ability keeps the defense from blitzing and pressuring much. In order to keep Vince in the pocket, the other team can't send too many rushers.

I think VY is a much better QB at this point in his career than McNair was when the Titans first came to Tennessee. I can honestly see him continue to develop into a good, if not elite, NFL QB.

A year ago I thought Vince was a whiny little b!tch, and wanted him gone. I now hope the team resigns him, and lets him be the QB of the franchise's future. I think this offense is set on young skill players for a long time, and has a great line and a good defense. We can draft for depth now, as there are no huge holes.

As a homer, the difference between VY now, and the VY of the past is ummistakable. Now he can actually read a defense. He hits the hot read when teams blitz. He spreads the ball around to many different receivers.

I'm not saying the guy is, or will ever be, Peyton Manning. But the guy has learned to play the QB position. He is now at least as good a pocket passer as Collins is. And he still has the ability to extend drives and buy time with his legs.

And the real value of VY's athletic ability was apparent last night. Even though Vince had virtually no rushing yardage, the threat of his breakout ability keeps the defense from blitzing and pressuring much. In order to keep Vince in the pocket, the other team can't send too many rushers.

I think VY is a much better QB at this point in his career than McNair was when the Titans first came to Tennessee. I can honestly see him continue to develop into a good, if not elite, NFL QB.

A year ago I thought Vince was a whiny little b!tch, and wanted him gone. I now hope the team resigns him, and lets him be the QB of the franchise's future. I think this offense is set on young skill players for a long time, and has a great line and a good defense. We can draft for depth now, as there are no huge holes.

did you see VY fire the ball into his wr at the exact moment the Db was with his back turned. Very nice precision throw by a field general that has finally gotten it. Vy is a stud now....