Sign in to follow this  
TwentyFourSeven

Trades you DIDN'T make but wish you did

What are the trades you were offered or were discussed in your league that looking back on it you wish you made?

Mine was to the owner of Pierre Thomas,

I give: Mike Bell

I get: Brett Favre

We have a yardage heavy league. This was back in week 2 and Favre only put up 110 yards and 155 yards in the first two weeks against Cleveland and Detriot. Damn I wish I did that trade! I still ahve Schaub though so I'm doing well!

What you got?

I wish I had traded Mario Manningham for Reggie Wayne.

It was never offered to me, but I wish I had done it.

Was offered Chris Johnson for Benson/Marshall

This was around Week 6 ... right before his bye week he had 4 weeks in a row of subpar performances and the CJ owner need serious help. Benson was having awesome season and Marshall was reving it up ... I LAUGHED in his face.

I'm not laughing anymore.

:cry:

Was offered Chris Johnson for Benson/Marshall

This was around Week 6 ... right before his bye week he had 4 weeks in a row of subpar performances and the CJ owner need serious help. Benson was having awesome season and Marshall was reving it up ... I LAUGHED in his face.

I'm not laughing anymore.

:cry:

I tried to get Johnson. The owner almost bit for a lowball price. Damn i wish he did!

Im so happy that... After week 2 i offered rice for slaton.... the owner declined it.... thank god!!!! If i had slaton on my team right now and i gave up rice i would be pissed. I also offered marshall/charles for turner the weeek before turner got hurt and the owner decline. SO i have been saved by owners declining my offers...

I was offered Colston and Ricky Williams for Calvin Johnson. Thought Ricky was second fiddle to Brown and Calvin

would have a great season. WRONG!!!!!

Hard to regret this too much but the schedules and the amount of touches will probably favour the player I decided against taking.

Two weeks ago when Benson just got injured I was offered Cedric for PT - straight up.

PT is my 3rd string behind MJD and Ricky so it wasn't much of a risk but when I heard about Bush's knee acting up I had visions of PT in the final weeks last season...and I was worried that Benson's injury may be more like Norwoods and he would be out for 4-5 weeks.

I have more trades that I am happy I did make than ones I am upset about not making.

I had a package deal, where I gave up Randy Moss. I put him out there, based on his name alone, because I needed to get that deal done (Forte and McGahee were the other players I gave up). I wish I had tried Gates instead. Gates and Moss were dead even in pts. Moss has since left Gates in the dust.

I should have traded Brady and kept Favre. I would have got a TON of value for Brady in my league and Favre has held serve.

i outright just dropped Favre

Thank you Ramrock! I have had the most frustrating season and you have made me feel better because it could have been worse.

Why did you drop Favre? He came out of the gate strong?

Thank you Ramrock! I have had the most frustrating season and you have made me feel better because it could have been worse.

Why did you drop Favre? He came out of the gate strong?

Not really. As was mentioned earlier he put up 110 yards and 155 yards in his first 2 games, and 1 and 2 TD's I believe.

Not a trade, but....

I was thin at WR late in the draft so I took fliers on 3 possible break out WR's...Mike Sims-Walker, Miles Austin, and Sidney Rice. Sims-Walker didn't get the starting gig so I dropped him before the season started for a kicker, Rice started slow so I dropped him after week two (can't remember what for), then traded Austin after his break-out game against the Chiefs in a package deal for Mike Turner...I am STUPID!!!!

Thanks for letting me share...

Around week 3 or 4 I was offered:

Ricky Williams

&

Cadillac Willicams

For

Julius Jones

My first instict was to take it, but I wanted some opnions first, So I go to the "little help" bored for some advice. Everyone told me to hang on to Julius....so I did :bandana:

Not really. As was mentioned earlier he put up 110 yards and 155 yards in his first 2 games, and 1 and 2 TD's I believe.

At the same time brett was putting up these numbers flacco(my backup) was putting up great numbers . The only reason I drafted him was that he was my son's favorite football player and he came with me to the draft. When my kid stopped asking about my fantasy team I dropped him. I am most likely the one person in america that REALLY hates brett favre and didn't want him on my team. JUst being honest here. He has had a good year but i still think the jets and packers got screwed

I have a bunch from 2 different leagues.

Here are one's I offered that didn't get accepted which turned out good for me:

Derrick Mason for Glen Coffee

Was very deep at WR, had Gore just do down and wanted Coffee. Guy told me that Mason's value isn't even close to Coffee's. Not only that, Coffee is a better RB than Gore and that the only way he traded Coffee to me was for Vincent Jackson. Yeah...OKAY!!!) What's Coffee done again?

Vincent Jackson for Roddy White

Tried the sell high and buy low move here. Glad the guy declined (although VJ's been struggling lately).

Most of the trades that were offered to me were low ball offers so I didn't really reject anything that came back to haunt me. I made trades that bit me in the butt, but who doesn't? In my keeper league, I ended up trading Benson/Jamal Lewis for Jacobs/M. Bush. This was early on where Benson was looking good but not dominant. Once again...I tried to sell high and buy low, it doesn't always work guys!!! That one probably hurt the most as my RBs in that league are Barber/Jacobs/Hightower/Fargas/Norwood. Hardly spectacular.

I could have gotten Thomas Jones for Brian Westbrook and I turned it down. I ended up outright dropping Westbrook due to his concussions, and he didn't do ANYTHING for me all year even before that. I really wish I'd made that trade.

Three weeks ago I traded Rodgers and Braylon Edwards for Hasselbeck and Andre Johnson....I thought Rodgers couldn't hold up behind the offensive like and Hasselbeck has the soft 6 game stretch, plus I would have Andre Johnson! Yeah, fvck me up the goat a$$!

However on a posative not I had a trade in the works, Cedric Benson and Colstons for Turner and Percy Harvin, but out of the blue I got an offer from the AP owner. Cedric Benson and Colston for AP and Eddie Royal, pulled the trigger...DOWN GOES BENSON! All for not after ol Hasselbeck sucked me down out of first place!