Sign in to follow this  
NICK33

Warner

Warner, when healthy, is always the start imo. BIG game for the Cardinals franchise.

For all the things they do well, the Vikings are below average (ranked 19th) in pass defense. Yes, part of that is because they lead lots of games and teams are forced to throw. But who cares? You can throw the ball on them, and nobody has a better passing game than the Cards when it's all clicking. Boldin is as healthy as he's been all year, and they'll score vs the Vikes (again, provided Warner is on the field).

Live in PHX, and as of noon today, they're no closer to saying whether Warner will play or not.

Even if Warner starts will he finish the game? DO they protect him and sit him if they are down big? One hit away? I own Warner and wish he was ok (great matchups coming up) but this week I think I'm staying away from him. I've got Alex Smith and Garrard, leaning towards Smith.

Gor burned by hime last week so I am going with McNasty against the Falcs. Plus I have Boldin so if Warner does blow up hopefully I get a little of it.

If Warner plays he is a better matchup then say Smith. WHile SEA D isnt great its always tough to play good on the road VS playing a team in your own building. A guy like Alex smith is a good start this week. but not better then warner.

Warner the latest.

Kurt Warner, QB, Arizona CardinalsSaturday 12/5, 10:29 AM CT Head coach Ken Whisenhunt is optimistic that Kurt Warner will play against Minnesota on Sunday night, according to the Arizona Republic.

Our View: Unless Warner wakes up tomorrow morning with concussive symptoms, as he did last week, it looks like he'll be good to go

Warner is a great start due to who they are playing. You CAN NOT run on Minn. So the Cards will PASS PASS PASS. Also considering how good the viks offense is the cards may have to keep up or be down by a bit. I can see Warner or Lienart throwing 50 times in this game. and as said , Minn has a below average passs defense. Winfield isnt due back yet so thats not getting any better. The big concern is Jarred Allen. He can distrupt a passsin game like few can. But if they can double him and give Warner time he could have a huge game.

I have Alex Smith but I also picked up Lienart and if I dont hear that Warner had any regression or issues when he wakes up I may play Warner. Ofcourse if I did not have Lienart I would play Smith and not chance it.

Also On a related note , I think this could be a pretty big game for Hightower if his thumb is well enough to catch. He will be in alot to pass protect and while he might have 40 yards rushing I fully expect a ton of dumpoffs becasue of the pass rush . ( look at the dumpoffs to Forte last week) I can see Hightower getting 7-8 passes for 45 yards type day and if they are on the GL he can get a cheap 1 yard score.. He is a good play in a PPR league. no so much a TD league.

Either AZ QB is a good start, although Warner is obviously better. The MN secondary can be had. Warner loves blitzers, because they rarely get there before his quick release. The pass rush sets up the short stuff.

My problem is that I have Leinart but not Warner. If Kurt goes, I will have nobody to replace Leinart with, so I think I'm going to have to roll with Hasselbeck, whose stats in the last 4 games resemble Delhomme's. As I puzzle over my lineup with the playoffs on the line, I am reminded again of a sad but incontrovertible FF truth: Sometimes you don't get a pretty picture no matter how you assemble the pieces.

I will tell you exactly what is going on because it's hush hush situation, If Seattle upsets Sf tomorrow Kurt will sit the Viking game.If S.F wins Kurt WILL play. I know it doesn't help you fantasy players that have to have your line ups in by 1pm but that's the scoop.

Signed A Nfl employee

I will tell you exactly what is going on because it's hush hush situation, If Seattle upsets Sf tomorrow Kurt will sit the Viking game.If S.F wins Kurt WILL play. I know it doesn't help you fantasy players that have to have your line ups in by 1pm but that's the scoop.

Signed A Nfl employee

For some reason, I don't believe this one bit. If Warner is healthy enough to play, he'll play regardless if they have a cushion in their division. If he's not healthy enough, they'll rest him.

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt told SIRIUS NFL Radio Saturday that while he will wait until Sunday evening to make an official decision on QB Kurt Warner's status, he likes his chances to play against the Vikings. Warner is on the mend from a concussion suffered two weeks ago. "We're certainly optimistic he'll be ready to play," Whisenhunt said.

Funny, that is exactly what Whiz said LAST week and we all saw how that played out, or didn't play as it were.

I have Warner in two leagues. In one, I have him AND Leinart so I can wait and go with whichever over playing Freeman. In the other, I have A Smith and will play him as I can't wait for the SNF game and get burned again with Warner.

I have Smith with just as much chance for a couple of TDs as Warner, albeit fewer yards. I'll take a 25-50 fewer yards and a sure QB playing over the risk of a zero and a non-play.

The difference is that Warner woke up last week with some issues related to the concussion , otherwise he probally would have played. I think this is pretty simple. Warner wakes up fine and has no issues up until game time he is a go. The slightest concusion issue ( Lights, headaches etc) and he sits. Nobody knows or has any real clue until 8pm.

The difference is that Warner woke up last week with some issues related to the concussion , otherwise he probally would have played. I think this is pretty simple. Warner wakes up fine and has no issues up until game time he is a go. The slightest concusion issue ( Lights, headaches etc) and he sits. Nobody knows or has any real clue until 8pm.

The way I see it is that we'll hear news early in the morning whether or not he's likely to play. If he wakes up tomorrow feeling fine, I don't see the Cards holding him out. But the slightest issue, it will be the same deal as last week. Personally, I would just start searching his name in Google News after 12pm EST. Usually you can find some article stating an update on how he feels and what the chances are for that night. But again, if you read that he has even a headache, I wouldn't count on him playing.

NFL Network says Warner should start.

Some reports coming out.

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/6399168361

Kurt Warner's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said QB feeling much better and would be surprised if he didn't start today. More on NFLN and NFL.com

Report: Warner expected to start for Cardinals

Vet QB split reps with Leinart this week, but should face Vikings

Kurt Warner shared reps in practice this week with Matt Leinart with concerns that a concussion could keep him out of a second game, and the feeling at the time was that it could be a game-time decision on Warner. Warner is feeling much better according to a report by Jason La Canfora of NFL.com, citing Warner’s agent Mark Bartelstein. He said he would be surprised if Warner does not start.

That’s good news for the Cardinals as they prepare to go against the Minnesota Vikings

Either AZ QB is a good start, although Warner is obviously better. The MN secondary can be had. Warner loves blitzers, because they rarely get there before his quick release. The pass rush sets up the short stuff.

My problem is that I have Leinart but not Warner. If Kurt goes, I will have nobody to replace Leinart with, so I think I'm going to have to roll with Hasselbeck, whose stats in the last 4 games resemble Delhomme's. As I puzzle over my lineup with the playoffs on the line, I am reminded again of a sad but incontrovertible FF truth: Sometimes you don't get a pretty picture no matter how you assemble the pieces.

Ya, not having Warner is a problem!

Signed A Nfl employee

Might want to ignore those "sources" in the future :thumbsdown:

Signed A Nfl employee

Now here's the real scoop, this isn't hush hush, but it is exact...us fantasy owners know that changing out the piss cakes in the urinals at the local high school stadium doesn't constitute a "Nfl employee."

But it is good for a laugh!

:overhead: