run game: 22 att, 43 yds

pass protection: 3 sacks, 10 hits

defense: gave up TD on 4 play drive, another 4 play drive, and 1 play drive

special teams: gave up TD punt return

but this game is romo's fault?

manning: 11/25 241 9.6 2 1 88.9

run game: 5.1 ypc

pass protection: 0 sacks, 6 hits

in this huge game, it looks like romo is doing a lot better than eli. what's your excuse?

manning: 11/25 241 9.6 2 1 88.9

run game: 5.1 ypc

pass protection: 0 sacks, 6 hits

in this huge game, it looks like romo is doing a lot better than eli. what's your excuse?

at least romo doesnt have "dumb face" like eli......

Sorry ... how many playoff wins does he have?

Sorry...this isn't the playoffs.

After this game:

Dallas 8-4

Philly 8-4

NYG 7-5

Ouch!

This game just reminded me to change the month on my calender to December :overhead:

Sorry ... how many playoff wins does he have?

not talking about other games--i'm talking about this game. romo is kicking eli's ass. i'm sure you're going to blame romo for barber cutting his route off short, too.

I'm just saying .... Dallas had the chance there to drive and score. RIght about when I posted this thread. Folk missed the FG .... came away with ZERO points on that drive.

In a critical game.

Romo has played fine today - all this game tells me is that not only is Romo capable of choking during December (not saying he did today), so is the rest of the Dallas Cowboys. I would be very worried about the remaining schedule if I were a Cowboys fan.

I'm just saying .... Dallas had the chance there to drive and score. RIght about when I posted this thread. Folk missed the FG .... came away with ZERO points on that drive.

In a critical game.

Again, how is any of this on Romo....as he throws another TD with almost 400 yards...against the Giants.

Romo has played fine today - all this game tells me is that not only is Romo capable of choking during December (not saying he did today), so is the rest of the Dallas Cowboys. I would be very worried about the remaining schedule if I were a Cowboys fan.

you should be worried about your team having no titles........

you should be worried about your team having no titles........

I will start worrying when I play for the Eagles. I just watch the games.

By your logic, you should worry about your Patriots losing today. again. I know you're bitter about Eli taking your undefeated Pats to the shed in the superbowl, but really - I would recommend moving on ace.

I will start worrying when I play for the Eagles. I just watch the games.

By your logic, you should worry about your Patriots losing today. again. I know you're bitter about Eli taking your undefeated Pats to the shed in the superbowl, but really - I would recommend moving on ace.

:overhead: :unsure: :first: how many the eagles got there ace?

In a critical game.

everyone has to do their jobs for a team to win. EVERYONE. romo does not play defense, and did not allow 24 points on only 21 min TOP. romo does not cover punts, and allow a return TD. romo did not isolate spencer on jacobs. romo was not the official that blew the obvious holding call on that play (sensabaugh getting dragged by the jersey). romo does not kick FGs.

on a 75% completion day, romo blew one big opportunity on a missed throw. so why is your "just saying" thread about him, and not barber's fumble or his bad 4th down route?

you wanna post a "dallas blew the game" thread? fine. you'll hear no objections from me. the defense quit, just like hey did last year against the steelers (after romo put them ahead with a late TD drive in crunch time), against the ravens (giving up 2 long TDs on back-to-back plays after romo had executed perfectly), and this year against the giants (another crunch time drive, and another defensive meltdown) and the broncos.

your boy eli played a terrible game in crunch time. without that jacobs play, which was due to a good call by the NY O coordinator, a bad D call by dallas, a blown holding call, and jacobs' effort (instead of eli's), his stat line would look like something we would expect from jamarcus russell.

as a team, dallas blew the game.

romo did his job.

everyone has to do their jobs for a team to win. EVERYONE. romo does not play defense, and did not allow 24 points on only 21 min TOP. romo does not cover punts, and allow a return TD. romo did not isolate spencer on jacobs. romo was not the official that blew the obvious holding call on that play (sensabaugh getting dragged by the jersey). romo does not kick FGs.

on a 75% completion day, romo blew one big opportunity on a missed throw. so why is your "just saying" thread about him, and not barber's fumble or his bad 4th down route?

you wanna post a "dallas blew the game" thread? fine. you'll hear no objections from me. the defense quit, just like hey did last year against the steelers (after romo put them ahead with a late TD drive in crunch time), against the ravens (giving up 2 long TDs on back-to-back plays after romo had executed perfectly), and this year against the giants (another crunch time drive, and another defensive meltdown) and the broncos.

your boy eli played a terrible game in crunch time. without that jacobs play, which was due to a good call by the NY O coordinator, a bad D call by dallas, a blown holding call, and jacobs' effort (instead of eli's), his stat line would look like something we would expect from jamarcus russell.

romo did his job.

give it up..........they will never respect romo ..........it is all about wins and losses............as of now those stats are 0-1 if they dont get to at least 3-2 with the final 5 games......they will hate,

of course romo did enough to win and had a good game.....just ask his fantasy owners.........but the stat that matters is 31-24 romo or not that is bad

Did you forget to log in with you Blue_Star_Pimp_Empire alias? :overhead:

Luckily for him I think he still has a Broncos and/or Vikings alias to hide behind this week.

romo did his job.

:thumbsup:

I thought Romo played well in this game. But that punt return, to me, epitomized the lack of heart that has done Dallas in the last few Decembers. How many missed tackles were there? Somebody, at some point, has to step up to be a leader on that team. The bad news is, I don't think Romo has the leadership skills necessary. Maybe Demarcus Ware and the defence can but, until someone does, NorthernVike's comment carries some merit - another December swoon may be in the offing. :dunno:

blah blah blah

romo did his job.

THE THREAD IS ABOUT 1 DRIVE. I posted this about 1 drive ... where Romo failed to get the Cowgirls in the endzone. Then Folk blew the FG.

romo did his job.

Well put. I'm not a huge Romo fan, but today's loss cannot be pinned on Romo at all. I kept waiting for a bad throw leading to an interception but that did not happen. Romo definitely did his job. It is fairly startling at how poorly Eli played and still managed to win the game. That says more about the Cowboys defense than the Giants offense to me.

THE THREAD IS ABOUT 1 DRIVE. I posted this about 1 drive ... where Romo failed to get the Cowgirls in the endzone. Then Folk blew the FG.

oh, well then...that changes everything. let's look at how your QB did on his drives during a desperation game:

punt

punt

fumble

TD

short-field TD (after turnover)

INT

punt

1-play TD drive

punt

FG

punt

end of game

if a dallas QB performed like this, i'd be talking about how my team escaped with a win. i'd be posting about how badly our QB sucked in a critical game rather than insulting the vastly superior performance of his counterpart.

you breathed a huge sigh of relief that hurd touched the ball early, because with a minute remaining and 60 yards to go, you knew that romo could beat you. deny it all you want, but you and i both know it's true.

so before mocking romo's performance on one drive, you might want to check manning's drive chart first. you're a paradigm example of a fantasy fan instead of a knowledgeable football fan--all stat quotations, no situational awareness.

Someone is taking 4th grade vocabulary tests soon.

and here we have the inevitable change of subject.

romo played extremely well today. eli sucked.

the giants won because eli got a ton of help from his supporting cast.

the cowboys lost because romo didn't.

any assertion to the contrary just makes you look more foolish.

Scoreboard.

Standings.

Let's not act like the Giants are some godly team in december. They've ished the bed plenty of times in december as well. Your team is 3rd in the division, you got a big victory today, congrats. Now shut up and lets see if your team can keep it going.

mr september makes magic again :overhead:

stats are all fine and good..but its about the wins...and hats off to rodney harrison for pointing out that homo is paryting it up and not 100% focused again

romo did his job.

Holy ###### loser...way to go to the "Wahhhhhhhhh there was a holding call that was never penalized Wahhhhhhhhhh!" Guess what idiot, there's about a dozen of those on each side of the ball that never get called during every game. Go back and watch any game between any two teams and only watch the offensive lines. Accept your season sweep like a man...something I've never seen a Cowboys fan do.

Maybe next August you guys can coronate yourselves before the season starts again.

Holy ###### loser...way to go to the "Wahhhhhhhhh there was a holding call that was never penalized Wahhhhhhhhhh!" Guess what idiot, there's about a dozen of those on each side of the ball that never get called during every game. Go back and watch any game between any two teams and only watch the offensive lines. Accept your season sweep like a man...something I've never seen a Cowboys fan do.

Maybe next August you guys can coronate yourselves before the season starts again.

interesting comments there, lil guy. did you get your mommy to read you the whole post, or did she just scan the highlights for you?

if she isn't too busy, have her go back and sound out the words for you. see, i posted that "as a team, the cowboys blew the game". this is grownup-talk that means "dallas teamguys not do enough good things to beat NY teamguys in playtime game". none of the words in that sentence have more than two syllables, so you should be able to figure them out. then again, the first sentence didn't either.

as for coronation, i seem to recall the giants anointing themselves the division champs before and during the '08 season. look how well that turned out for them!

you'd think they learned after that, but sure enough, they did it again this season.

someday soon, you'll start going to school just like all the other little tykes. the first day will be scary, and you will probably be made fun of by other kids. but if you stick with it and try reallyreallyreally hard, you will learn to read for yourself. back in ancient (very old) egypt, reading was so special that people thought it was magic, and only priests were allowed to do it.

you want to learn magic, dontcha?

you breathed a huge sigh of relief that hurd touched the ball early, because with a minute remaining and 60 yards to go, you knew that romo could beat you. deny it all you want, but you and i both know it's true.

I'm not a Giants' fan, but I'm going to comment on this. Incidentally, I agree . . . Romo did not lose this game. However, "60 yards to go and a minute left" (at the onside kick incident), I told my son and wife that the game was over. Is Tony Romo capable of handling that pressure and scoring at the end to win or push to overtime? Perhaps, but he hasn't. I held no such concern that there would be any different outcome . . . even after the quick strike to bring them to within a TD. Sorry, but Romo has not earned any kind of "clutch" moniker, nor does he merit the "fear" factor that you're referencing.

That's all. Carry on with what you were arguing about.