Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Awesome

Adrian Peterson is overrated.

74 members have voted

1. 1. overrated?

• yes
    • no

Admiral Awesome would be another fantastic pimpdaddy alias and reading the initial post I would certainly hope that was the case. If not, the original poster should throw his football card collection out the window and continue to dream about that all enthralling next level of World of Warcraft.

leads the league in fumbles, baby...all day turnover :thumbsdown:

leads the league in fumbles, baby...all day turnover :thumbsdown:

Yeah, I remember especially when he had one of his break awaya to redeem himself againat the Lions (or I think it was against the Lions), and he got to the ten. Instantly a Lions defender poked the ball out of his grasp. Needless to say, it didn't help me out that day.

I get to see him do that a lot since I live in Minnesota.

Needless to say, it didn't help me out

Ahhh, yes....here we've come to the real reason for the Admiral's screed against AD.

Next time, do a better job of drafting and maybe you'll win.

And oh...by the way here's how AD stacks up against other backs after 3 years:

Barry Sanders 4300 yards and 43 TDs

Eric Dickerson 4200 yards and 44 TDs

Emmitt Smith 4200 yards and 42 TDs

Walter Payton 4000 yards and 34 TDs

MJD 2500 yards and 34 TDs

Adrian Peterson 4300 yards and 36 TDs....and he still has 3 games to play in his 3rd season.

VikesFan makes a great distinction....AD is overhyped, but that is different than overrated. You're just railing against AD because everyone goes crazy over everything he does....yeah, I'll admit, that gets annoying....but AD still is a hell of a player. I don't think he's the GOAT....personally I think Payton and Jim Brown will always be the best RBs ever...but if he continues at his current pace, he's a lock for the HoF.

I voted for overrated. He's got all the skill in the world but those fumbles drop him down about 20 RB's if you ask me. I'll take TD, Emmitt, anyone that doesn't fumble. When he fixes that problem he's one of the 10 GOAT.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your "elite running back" with an outstanding four carries for six yards.

Nice timing. Troll. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, he's terrible.

:thumbsdown:

He def hasn't been a top guy for the FF playoffs.. 3.2 YPC over the last 4 games is pretty bad for a #1 overall.

Of course he's overrated. People still claim he's the best RB in the league despite the fact he's never been as good as Chris Johnson is right now.

3.2 yards per carry tonight, will he go over four? Good thing he got a touchdown though because that inflates his stats a little bit. :thumbsdown: He still not as good as everyone thinks.

:pointstosky:

This is no excuse. He has Brett Favre now, and Brett Favre made Thomas Jones into a running back elite last year.

p.s. Watch the game tape from last year and closely watch the Jets offensive line. Please do this before making such ignorant remarks next time. Thanks.

:pointstosky:

p.s. Watch the game tape from last year and closely watch the Jets offensive line. Please do this before making such ignorant remarks next time. Thanks.

He made Ryan Grant into a good running back when he played and the Packers have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL right now.

This is the sixth consecutive game in which Adrian Peterson has not run 100 yards. I think it's safe to say that Matt Birk's absence from the team is having its effect.

This is the sixth consecutive game in which Adrian Peterson has not run 100 yards. I think it's safe to say that Matt Birk's absence from the team is having its effect.

In Adrian’s eighth game during his rookie season, against a (4-3) San Diego Chargers team, he broke the single game rushing record (296 yards) by one yard with Brooks Bollinger as his quarterback. You read that right, Brooks Bollinger.

Johnson maybe having a better season so far, but he's not a better back. Regardless of all the press Favre is getting, AP is still the focus of the opposing team's defense. I think most people would take him over any other back.

That was two years ago and Adrian Peterson has not done that since. I am talking about right now, and clearly Adrian Peterson is not as good as he once was. His offensive line might be bad this year, but he cannot break those tackles like he could two years either.

I don't see him take as many punishing hits (with the exception of the Steelers and Browns) he has done anything impressive.

That was two years ago and Adrian Peterson has not done that since. I am talking about right now, and clearly Adrian Peterson is not as good as he once was. His offensive line might be bad this year, but he cannot break those tackles like he could two years either.

I don't see him take as many punishing hits (with the exception of the Steelers and Browns) he has done anything impressive.

do you know why favre is having such a good year? Teams are loading up to stop adp. with a crap qb peterson would return to rushing like a beast. You think a 24 year old has lost a step. :headbanger:

do you know why favre is having such a good year? Teams are loading up to stop adp. with a crap qb peterson would return to rushing like a beast. You think a 24 year old has lost a step. :headbanger:

Brett Favre is having a great year?

He was having a great year, but now December has come and he's garbage.

This is AP video this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEeaGG7Hz2I

and last night: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009122012/2...@panthers/watch - that's against Carolina Panthers, so you can add yet another exception to your list of AP not having done anything impressive. I'm sesing a trend that the exceptions are actually the rule.

Give it up.

I actually voted yes though, b/c as an AP owner for three years, he has disappointed when I needed him most.

You guys should actually take some time AWAY from this board to watch some games instead of just looking at the box score.

Over the past month, close to 50% of his carries, he's been hit at or behind the line of scrimmage. Teams constantly have 7 or 8 in the box, and Favre certainly doesn't help by showing the ball IMMEDIATELY on running plays. Their OLine just isn't the same. They lose Birk, have a different right guard I believe. And have a rookie Right Tackle. Claiming Chris Johnson the best RB b/c of his stats is just silly. That would mean Jerome Harrison has to be top5 right??? Now Chris Johnson has as much talent as any RB in the league, but so does AP. Chris Johnson is faster, and has more lateral quickness, but AP has more power and breaks more tackles. But when you have an offensive line that fails to block 3 defenders all the time, you have no place to go :overhead:

I don't blame AD for his low YPC... I blame his offensive coordinator. He calls the most boring generic runs plays every time. The problem with the Viking offense is that it's become too predictable. They need to spice it up an throw some more screen plays to keep the defense on its toes. Look at the last screen play against the Panthers that AD took for 60 yards! Where was that call early in the game? Instead they call call run-of-the-mill off tackle plays and watch AD get stuff at the line of scrimmage. The OC needs to get creative or the Vikings are going to fold fast in the playoffs. Defensive Coordinators have learned how to stymie Favre and AD after watching AZ dismantle them. The one thing AD needs to improve is his catching ability. How many times have you seen him drop the ball b/c he turned around too quickly and lost focus?

I voted overrated, however he is still a top 3 Back IMHO. I think he is overrated in a sense that most think he is by far the best back in fantasy, yet he is currently the #4 RB (behind CJ, MJD, and Ray Rice). That said I would Draft him next year over anyone but CJ or MJD in my PPR league.

leads the league in fumbles, baby...all day turnover :unsure:

I voted for overrated. He's got all the skill in the world but those fumbles drop him down about 20 RB's if you ask me. I'll take TD, Emmitt, anyone that doesn't fumble. When he fixes that problem he's one of the 10 GOAT.

I agree he is overrated because of his propensity to put the ball on the ground above all.

Also, his OLine makes him look better.

But he is still an elite running back in the league right now (in my opinion)... just one that doesn't get enough recogniztion for his negative attributes/fumbling. Not to mention he is not that great of a receiving threat... which is why I put MJD and Chris Johnson ahead of him... esepcially this season.