Sign in to follow this  
enoto

Quinton Ganther

So is/was Quinton Ganther a one week wonder or is he a quality start this week against a tougher NYG defense?

Ok.....I just looked at his stats and noticed the points I THOUGHT he scored LAST week are his season totals.....so I guess he wasn't as big of a "one week wonder" as I thought he might have been. But he did put good points compared to the yards he put up.

He is going to get about 14 carries and a couple of receptions, and redzone work. What can he do with that against the Gmen is the question.

I would assume about 60-80 yds and a TD.

He is going to get about 14 carries and a couple of receptions, and redzone work. What can he do with that against the Gmen is the question.

I would assume about 60-80 yds and a TD.

i would take those stats in heart beat :doublethumbsup: Ive got to choose between Sjax, LT, Maroney and Ganther. Luckily i got by with starting Maroney over Ganther with change at last minute. Maroney and Pats are playing Buffalo and its very bad run defense but do Brady and Moss try and show them Moss is not a total punk :clap: and still is interested??

its Semi Finals time so better get it right :overhead:

i would take those stats in heart beat :doublethumbsup: Ive got to choose between Sjax, LT, Maroney and Ganther. Luckily i got by with starting Maroney over Ganther with change at last minute. Maroney and Pats are playing Buffalo and its very bad run defense but do Brady and Moss try and show them Moss is not a total punk :clap: and still is interested??

its Semi Finals time so better get it right :overhead:

I thought you lost princess? :wub: Still plugging in second rate scrub rbs and hoping for the best?

I thought you lost princess? :clap: Still plugging in second rate scrub rbs and hoping for the best?

i lost in the league with Brady and Moss :mad: Now i still have Moss is this league but dam Romo as QB so he actually helped save me :doublethumbsup:

enoto Posted Today, 09:52 PM

Ok.....I just looked at his stats and noticed the points I THOUGHT he scored LAST week are his season totals.....so I guess he wasn't as big of a "one week wonder" as I thought he might have been. But he did put good points compared to the yards he put up.

he scored 21 pts last week vs 9 total for the previous 13 weeks so what ya call that :wub: I hope not a one week wonder if i do start him. He plays on Monday night so that may be the deciding factor :overhead: And LT did not look very good last week until the last drive

i lost in the league with Brady and Moss :mad: Now i still have Moss is this league but dam Romo as QB so he actually helped save me :doublethumbsup:

he scored 21 pts last week vs 9 total for the previous 13 weeks so what ya call that :clap: I hope not a one week wonder if i do start him. He plays on Monday night so that may be the deciding factor :overhead: And LT did not look very good last week until the last drive

cool. I am a ganther fan now. Dude is doing it and getting paid in the redzone. Love his toughness. He is a balla. I picked him up in two leagues. I might have to start ganther and maroney in one league this week. :wub:

I'm trying to decide on PT vs Dallas, Ganther vs NYG or maybe McCoy vs Atlanta...

I'm trying to decide on PT vs Dallas, Ganther vs NYG or maybe McCoy vs Atlanta...

pretty sure the eagles play the 49ers this week. 1 p.m. game. west coast team coming east. ... can't see how the 49ers compete in this game.

I am not starting him. I see the Redskins scoring on a five yarder to F.Davis and a 40 yarder to S.Moss and maybe a field goal. I had QG and he help me move on, but it was a fluke week. Half of his combo yards came on one reception. Both TDs came after S.Moss catches to the one yard line. I just do not see it happening.

pretty sure the eagles play the 49ers this week. 1 p.m. game. west coast team coming east. ... can't see how the 49ers compete in this game.

big trap game ..the niners are coming off a big win and that west coast team travelling east will kill them. The eagles are good. stay away from the niners.

Oops your right......I COULD have a lot of players playing in that game. I have McNabb, Gore, McCoy, both Celeck and VD, and Akers......

he scored 21 pts last week vs 9 total for the previous 13 weeks so what ya call that :thumbsup:

I love when people do this. The dude was buried on the depth chart until injuries.

Just a shot in the dark (note: sarcasm), but Tom Brady probably didn't put up too many stats until Bledsoe got hurt.

Ganther made the most out of his opportunity to play and he is running with it (pardon the pun). Jason Campbell is playing at a pretty high level right now and this only helps increase Ganther's value in deep leagues. I'd say that Ganther is a solid Flex option this week. I'm starting him in my 12 team 2 RB/Flex league along with Beanie Wells and LT and I think he'll probably out-produce both of them.

I think i'm going to start Ganther over Ryan Grant (at Pitt). This is crazy, I'm in the playoffs for a chance at $600 first place prize and I'm starting a no name over Grant who just had a huge week last week.

I love when people do this. The dude was buried on the depth chart until injuries.

Just a shot in the dark (note: sarcasm), but Tom Brady probably didn't put up too many stats until Bledsoe got hurt.

Ganther made the most out of his opportunity to play and he is running with it (pardon the pun). Jason Campbell is playing at a pretty high level right now and this only helps increase Ganther's value in deep leagues. I'd say that Ganther is a solid Flex option this week. I'm starting him in my 12 team 2 RB/Flex league along with Beanie Wells and LT and I think he'll probably out-produce both of them.

but wasnt it only 1 week :doublethumbsup: we have 3 more weeks to see if it was a one week wonder but if you only have ONE yes ONE week where you scored points id say so far that counts as a one week wonder :thumbsdown:

but wasnt it only 1 week :Mr-T: we have 3 more weeks to see if it was a one week wonder but if you only have ONE yes ONE week where you scored points id say so far that counts as a one week wonder :overhead:

Is it really a one week wonder when you your coach names you the starter, plays you in every scenario (rush,pass,goal line) and you put up 100 total yards and 2 TDs? That's taking good advantage of your oppurtunity.

Ganther is exactly the type of RB all FF teams should be coveting right now. He has no competition for touches. Don't even say Cartwright.

I think i'm going to start Ganther over Ryan Grant (at Pitt). This is crazy, I'm in the playoffs for a chance at $600 first place prize and I'm starting a no name over Grant who just had a huge week last week.

I think I'm rolling with Ganther over Addai or Mini-tron at my flex. At least I know Ganther will get the carries. I'm worried Addai gets rested with a dinged up knee and Mini has done nothing to get me here - and I don't need 2 pts from him in the semis.

Anyone have advice for me? I know this is not the help bored but since we're all talking about Ganther...

Ganther, A Foster, D Clark, or Chris Jennings in a standard scoring non-ppr?

Is it really a one week wonder when you your coach names you the starter, plays you in every scenario (rush,pass,goal line) and you put up 100 total yards and 2 TDs? That's taking good advantage of your oppurtunity.

Ganther is exactly the type of RB all FF teams should be coveting right now. He has no competition for touches. Don't even say Cartwright.

Actually Marcus Mason takes 5-7 carries preventing Q from getting to the desired 20 plateau we all want. I hope his performance will earn him a few more than last week's 14 carries. Maybe 18 for 73 and he should get goal line totes again. He had 50 yards, but 2 one-yard TD plunges and before one of them he had a one yard carry from the 2 to the 1 - so 3 "goal line" carries for 3 yards otherwise he was 11 for 47 which is a solid YPC and should garner more carries. G-Men rush D is very solid at home and very bad on the road - check it out, the give up plenty of rushing yds on the road.

I am rolling with Q again on MNF in pursuit of the championship week. :pointstosky:

Actually Marcus Mason takes 5-7 carries preventing Q from getting to the desired 20 plateau we all want. I hope his performance will earn him a few more than last week's 14 carries. Maybe 18 for 73 and he should get goal line totes again. He had 50 yards, but 2 one-yard TD plunges and before one of them he had a one yard carry from the 2 to the 1 - so 3 "goal line" carries for 3 yards otherwise he was 11 for 47 which is a solid YPC and should garner more carries. G-Men rush D is very solid at home and very bad on the road - check it out, the give up plenty of rushing yds on the road.

I am rolling with Q again on MNF in pursuit of the championship week. :pointstosky:

I am going to find a spot in the lineup for him too :headbanger: BIG MONDAY night to get me in the CHAMPIONSHIP :pointstosky:

Anyone have advice for me? I know this is not the help bored but since we're all talking about Ganther...

I would avoid Foster, Shana, er Kubiak is a freak with those RB's now. One gets hot and he will stay with it, so good luck guessing who it will be. Foster had terrible ypc and it was in a blowout in mop-up time.

I would be interested in what people think of Jennings. He looked very powerful and explosive last week. He could be someone to watch for Oakland next week and for next season...although I really hate to use a Brown in the playoffs.

Mason did see touches but almost every RB in the league has a "spell" back. Alls I'm saying is that Quinton is the featured guy in an offense that likes to use mainly one back. If it weren't for some perplexing first half play calling, he would have had 20+ touches with no problem at all.

I am confidently starting him over Arian Foster,C.Jennings & Moats because there's much less risk involved and there's still high end upside IMO. Don't forget, this is a Monday night game, and he'll be looking to showcase his talents for next year or the future.

Ganther or Forsett for me. Tough call, still undecided. The Giant D has been abysmal so Ganther could perform.

I just picked up Jennings and Foster by dropping K. Smith and Chris Brown. I'm thinking of picking up Ganther for the Houston defense. I'm in a non ppr league and I'm not sure how'd I'd rank the 3 running backs. I like the upside with Foster especially against the soft St. Louis run defense. I mean as long as Foster is getting the bulk of the carries. Jennings is running against KC, so he should flourish. And Ganther on Monday night at home against an interdivisional rival that Washington would like revenge against. My problem with Ganther is that I'm starting the Washington QB this week. It would seem rather odd to start both the QB and the RB from the same team.

I would feel so much better if they decided to give him more than 14 carries against Oakland.

Ganther: "I'm explosive"

(By John McDonnell - TWP)

First, some caveats about new fan favorite running back Quinton Ganther.

1) He was facing one of the worst rushing defense in the league in the Raiders.

2) He finished Sunday's game, his first career start,with 14 carries for 50 yards, averaging 3.6 yards/per.

3) Fans, and gullible sportswriters, are extremely eager to make no-name midseason pickups into future stars, just for the heck of it.

Still, Ganther's 4.2 yards-per-carry average for the season is better than the numbers for Clinton Portis (4.0), Ladell Betts (3.8) and Rock Cartwright (3.7), and he does seem to have a certain burst.

"That's one of the things, I'm explosive," he said on Comcast SportsNet's postgame show. "I'm not gonna say I'm a 4.3 guy, but I can get it done. You know, when I see the hole, I hit the hole, because in this league, those holes close up very fast. So when I see a crease, I'm gonna get in the crease. And if you hit me while I'm in the crease, and I put my foot in the ground, then I'm gonna fall forward for extra yards....If you see a crease, put that foot in the ground and hit it as fast as you can."

Also, certain other running backs in the recent history of the Washington Redskins have, on occasion, said less-than-complimentary things about their offensive linemen. Well, here's what Ganther said when asked about his personal success.

"I give all the credit to the offensive line, and Yoder on that first [touchdown]," he said. "I just try to run hard and get more than what was blocked for me."

(Of course, Brian Mitchell just adores the guy. And B-Mitch suggested several time that the lack of egos and increase in practice time has helped certain segments of the team. Hmmm.)

Ganther said he had 250 family and friends in the stands, that his mother arranged for a group discount and that "once the word traveled that I was starting, then the sales just went up." He tossed one of his touchdown balls into the stands between a friend and an uncle; "they wee fighting over it," he noted. "I know someone's gonna be mad, because everyone can't get a ball."

He's already struck up a friendship with Rock Cartwright, borrowing the veteran's Cadillac before he got his rental car and learning the offense from Rock. And Ganther admitted that there were some uncomfortable moments when he took Cartwright's starting spot.

"I mean, to be honest, the first day when they told me, it felt awkward," he told CSN's Kelli Johnson. "It was real awkward. Because Rock is a great guy. I mean, Rock, he's like my coach. You know, I have Stump [Mitchell] as a coach, but I'm asking Rock everything. Rock is one of those guys that you can count on and always depend on. He's gonna know what he's doing, he's gonna be ready and he's gonna do it. I mean, it felt weird at first, but Rock knows, this has nothing to do with me. This is a coach's decision. He understands that whatever I can do to help us win, he's all for that also."

Ganther also said that his background and the location of his breakout game made the day especially satisfying.

"It's just a blessing, because I brought the whole Bay area out," he said. "You know, these guys [are] supporting me, because they know the stuff that I've been through and where I come from. Anybody else in my shoes, a lot of times they would have given up. I didn't have the best circumstances. I come from a rough area. Richmond, California's one of the worst cities in California. You may have never heard of--because when you think Richmond you think Virginia. We're a little city by the Bay area, but it's no joke. But hey, I survived and I made it, that let's you know I'm a survivor. And I've been surviving in this league ever since I've been here."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsb..._explosive.html

Let's Roll with the Q-TRAIN :pointstosky:

Interesting read. Thanks for that. A couple of things of note:

1. Humble guy who seems a bit awe struck by the oppurtunity.

2. Likeable in the sense he's paying homage to all the right people. People play hard for these types of guys.

3. No nonsense. He knows his limitations and only tries to do what makes him successful which is find the hole and hit it real hard. You don't have to be a burner to be real successful in this league at RB. He runs decisively. No dancing. :cheers:

Mason did see touches but almost every RB in the league has a "spell" back. Alls I'm saying is that Quinton is the featured guy in an offense that likes to use mainly one back. If it weren't for some perplexing first half play calling, he would have had 20+ touches with no problem at all.

I am confidently starting him over Arian Foster,C.Jennings & Moats because there's much less risk involved and there's still high end upside IMO. Don't forget, this is a Monday night game, and he'll be looking to showcase his talents for next year or the future.

I agree on the "spell" back so hopefully it was just that until they see how much he can handle. Wash wants to throw 45 times now, but there should be room for 15-20 Q carries. There was thought Mason might get short yardage, but Q got them last week.

MNF, at home, against hated division rival, 15+ touches has to put him in my lineup - I am weak at RB with Slaton gone, D-Will with a crap matchup, but rolling with him too, and flexing with Reggie Bush while taking a look at Jennings on my bench to see if he gets 20 carries so I can use next week at home against Oak!

:doublethumbsup:

I would feel so much better if they decided to give him more than 14 carries against Oakland.

Yes, this is a bit of a concern. PLUS the two TD's were 1 yarders and in the 4th Qtr. He was not used a lot early nor often.

I have to bench one of these guys:

Ganther, Grant, Maroney, Knowshon.

I have no clue who to sit. :headbanger:

I have to bench one of these guys:

Ganther, Grant, Maroney, Knowshon.

I have no clue who to sit. :headbanger:

Moreno vs OAK is too good to bench

Maroney vs BUF is too good to bench

so it's Grant vs PIT or Ganther vs NYG

Tough call, but it's between those 2 IMO.

Yes, this is a bit of a concern. PLUS the two TD's were 1 yarders and in the 4th Qtr. He was not used a lot early nor often.

I blame the game plan for this. For whatever reason, Washington decided to outsmart itself and pass early and often against Oakland. When they got Ganther involved, the offense moved and they put the game away.

"Keep it simple stupid" as they say. I expect a more balanced game plan against the G-men.

Moreno vs OAK is too good to bench

Maroney vs BUF is too good to bench

so it's Grant vs PIT or Ganther vs NYG

Tough call, but it's between those 2 IMO.

I'm in the same boat. It's hard to bench Grant after his big game last week. But I don't like the matchup at Pittsburgh. I'm benching Grant for Ganther this week. NYG have given up 14 rushing TD's, while Pittsburgh has only given up 4 TDs.

So the goal and 1 TDs are probably going to go to Aaron Rogers while Ganther will get those TDs.

I'm in the same boat. It's hard to bench Grant after his big game last week. But I don't like the matchup at Pittsburgh. I'm benching Grant for Ganther this week. NYG have given up 14 rushing TD's, while Pittsburgh has only given up 4 TDs.

So the goal and 1 TDs are probably going to go to Aaron Rogers while Ganther will get those TDs.

Yeah, I think I'm doing the same. But I hate the idea of a guy I never started bombing. While my every week starter sits on my bench and has 100 yds and a score. That will p!ss me off

Money league, standard scoring, no PPR except TE. 6 teams made playoffs which started last week. I won with Jamaal Charles and Quinton Ganther in my lineup. Got lucky and picked up Chris Jennings on waivers this week. Now I have another dilema. I can only start 2 of Charles, Maroney, Ganther and Jennings. Charles gets the #27 ranked run defense and Maroney gets the #30 ranked run defense at Buffalo. Supposedly some snow showers as well there. Still I'm figuring on rolling with those two. I like Jennings but there's talk of Josh Cribbs getting a fair share of carries at rb and even though Ganther had a good showing last week I'm a little hesitant about starting him against the Giants #7 run defense even if they have allowed 17 td's this year. I just think that Charles and Maroney are my best options this week. What do you guys think? Ganther's schedule is a little tough the next couple of weeks.

as of now rolling with Ganther over Forsett/Bradshaw/Morris

Playoffs are too important to gamble with anyone splitting carries. morris is an interesting option, but Ganther has the much better chance for a good game.