Sign in to follow this  
Boston_Diablo

Chime in on the "Definitive Forsett or Foster Rank 'em" Thread

- Q Ganther: Pros - #1 guy, no RBBC; Cons - Faces Giants and Dallas next two weeks

- C Jennings: Pros: Faces KC and Oak; Cons - Role not yet defined

- J Forsett: Pros: J Jones continued awful performances, faces TB next; Cons: Jim Mora, on the low end of RBBC

- J Snelling: Pros: Falcons goal line back (while Turner out), faces Bufallo on wk 16; Cons: Turner's return, RBBC

So the big question is, do you go with the only featured back on the list (Ganther) with no easy matchups, or play it week to week, based on schedule, using guys that may or may not get the majority of touches.

Based on schedule, I am most tempted to take Jennings both weeks, as you cannot ask for 'better' opponents... Then again, its Cleveland. Which brings me back to Ganther, yet against two teams that have allowed only 6 rushing TDs combined over the last 5 weeks.

With the fantasy playoffs in full swing, and half the RBs out injured it seems, this is likely a key decision for a lot of us.

Thoughts?

- Q Ganther: Pros - #1 guy, no RBBC; Cons - Faces Giants and Dallas next two weeks

- C Jennings: Pros: Faces KC and Oak; Cons - Role not yet defined

- J Forsett: Pros: J Jones continued awful performances, faces TB next; Cons: Jim Mora, on the low end of RBBC

- J Snelling: Pros: Falcons goal line back (while Turner out), faces Bufallo on wk 16; Cons: Turner's return, RBBC

So the big question is, do you go with the only featured back on the list (Ganther) with no easy matchups, or play it week to week, based on schedule, using guys that may or may not get the majority of touches.

Based on schedule, I am most tempted to take Jennings both weeks, as you cannot ask for 'better' opponents... Then again, its Cleveland. Which brings me back to Ganther, yet against two teams that have allowed only 6 rushing TDs combined over the last 5 weeks.

With the fantasy playoffs in full swing, and half the RBs out injured it seems, this is likely a key decision for a lot of us.

Thoughts?

you forgot Arian Foster. Slaton is out, Brown sucks, Moats is ineffective and fumbled. Not sure how he figures into your mix. I grabbed Ganther and Chris Jennings off WW but am not starting either of them (just c0ckblocking). If I had room I'd grab Foster as well, but I'm out of space.

you forgot Arian Foster. Slaton is out, Brown sucks, Moats is ineffective and fumbled. Not sure how he figures into your mix. I grabbed Ganther and Chris Jennings off WW but am not starting either of them (just c0ckblocking). If I had room I'd grab Foster as well, but I'm out of space.

You're right, forgot about Foster. I was just being selfish and listing the guys I have. :pointstosky:

But if anyone thinks he is a better play than these, by all means we'll listen...

You're right, forgot about Foster. I was just being selfish and listing the guys I have. :thumbsdown:

But if anyone thinks he is a better play than these, by all means we'll listen...

I have Beanie, LT, Foster and need to pick 2 of them... I think Foster has a bigger day IMO. STL sucks and he is supposedly going to get the full workload this week.

Another positive for Ganther is a home game in prime time. And lets not anoint the Giants as some sort of defensive juggernaut. Their numbers are fluffed up by playing the likes of Oakland and KC earlier this year. They just gave up 45 points for crying out loud.

I have Beanie, LT, Foster and need to pick 2 of them... I think Foster has a bigger day IMO. STL sucks and he is supposedly going to get the full workload this week.

Bewre of any Texan RB. I know it is a nice matchup but Kubiak is a pr!ck and will prob give Moats 30 carries. Never trust that asshat.

Bewre of any Texan RB. I know it is a nice matchup but Kubiak is a pr!ck and will prob give Moats 30 carries. Never trust that asshat.

He's the son of Shannihan

This is one of the reasons I have not picked him up and the other 4 look like better bets... Now the question remains... which one? :doublethumbsup:

I warned everyone about that connection in preseason in regards to the Slaton first round pick talk. I was ridiculed for it. I ended up getting Slaton mid 2nd and have regretted not sticking to my gut all year. Should have gone WR there dammit!

I warned everyone about that connection in preseason in regards to the Slaton first round pick talk. I was ridiculed for it. I ended up getting Slaton mid 2nd anyways and have regretted not sticking to my gut all year. Should have gone WR there dammit!

As a disgruntled former R. Brown owner, I am brutally debating whether to start Jennings @ KC or Britt v. MIA at flex.

I really, REALLY, want to start Jennings in an attempt to cash in on the predicted point-fest that should occur in KC. Unfortunately everytime I go to put him in, I start to gag.

:headbanger:

You would think with Jennings' peformance last week v. PIT that he'd be in line to tote the rock once again in a great matchup v. KC. However, trusting Man-gina isn't a very auspcious spot to be in.

If that no name QB for the rams gets in there again i think foster will get 20plus carries. All depends on boller i guess.....if boller doesnt play houston will prob send their rookie out for the entire 2nd half since they would be up huge by then.

jennings is intriguing, but ive also read somewhere that the only reason he received the bulk of the carries was because harrison was throwing up on the sidelines

forsett might be a good play in ppr......

ganther is prob the worse option of the group.

If that no name QB for the rams gets in there again i think foster will get 20plus carries. All depends on boller i guess.....if boller doesnt play houston will prob send their rookie out for the entire 2nd half since they would be up huge by then.

jennings is intriguing, but ive also read somewhere that the only reason he received the bulk of the carries was because harrison was throwing up on the sidelines

forsett might be a good play in ppr......

ganther is prob the worse option of the group.

Am talking myself into either Forsett or Jennings... please talk me out of it. :pointstosky:

I have my choice of a few of these guys to replace Kevin Smith this week, and I think Foster is the best choice of this group. He's a competent RB who's a good blocker--Moats isn't--and he's on a high-powered offense against one of the worst defenses in the league. Foster was also an excellent receiving RB during his breakout year at Tennessee, and he seems to still have that judging by his performance last week. 15-20 touches and a great shot at a score. A Texans RB has scored in all but 3 games this year, and Schaub loves to pass to his RBs when he's got a good one.

Guys...I think Foster has to get the play over everyone here. I realize Kubiak has been a fantasy owners worst nightmare all year...but St Louis is as bad as it gets.

I relate this situation to the same one Moats was in against Buffalo. As long as Foster doesn't fumble...he'll be in line for a BIG game. Probably 80 or so rush yards...5-6 catches and a couple scores. They are going to eat St Louis up. They want to see what they have in this kid. They're playing for nothing. So it makes more sense than ever. If he can turn it on these next few games...that might send houston in a different direction on draft day.

Forsett is a good play as well. Not sure about Jennings. That could go either way with Cribbs and Harrison in the mix. I stay away from Ganther based on the Giants vulnerability to the pass. Washington wont' even have to run the ball. Giants give up big pass play after big pass play.

Guys...I think Foster has to get the play over everyone here. I realize Kubiak has been a fantasy owners worst nightmare all year...but St Louis is as bad as it gets.

I relate this situation to the same one Moats was in against Buffalo. As long as Foster doesn't fumble...he'll be in line for a BIG game. Probably 80 or so rush yards...5-6 catches and a couple scores. They are going to eat St Louis up. They want to see what they have in this kid. They're playing for nothing. So it makes more sense than ever. If he can turn it on these next few games...that might send houston in a different direction on draft day.

Forsett is a good play as well. Not sure about Jennings. That could go either way with Cribbs and Harrison in the mix. I stay away from Ganther based on the Giants vulnerability to the pass. Washington wont' even have to run the ball. Giants give up big pass play after big pass play.

Done and done... picked up Foster and plugged him (plus MJD's performance last night helped embolden me) :wall:

Big pass plays get you down near the goal line almost as often as in the end zone. Point being, I felt the same way going with Snelling a few weeks back, and he busted the G men for 70 yds and two red zone TD's. Their rushing D is overrated and the value of a guy at least getting the opportunities in fantasy football is huge. As opposed to self-proclaimed genius coaches who love to play games in the media.

In full agreement with the above mentioned points! Excellent writeup!!!! :dunno:

I have to say that I have both Ganther and Foster, and I'm torn between the two.

Strangely, what is making me lean Ganther is that he plays last.

I could have my championship aspirations hanging on the Monday game, and whether Ganther gets a score.

My opponent this week has no-one on Monday - but has Shiancoe, Harvin and Favre in the Sunday nighter.

I like having the last player going - I know it's irrational.

I have to say that I have both Ganther and Foster, and I'm torn between the two.

Strangely, what is making me lean Ganther is that he plays last.

I could have my championship aspirations hanging on the Monday game, and whether Ganther gets a score.

My opponent this week has no-one on Monday - but has Shiancoe, Harvin and Favre in the Sunday nighter.

I like having the last player going - I know it's irrational.

hahah I am in the same boat and thinking the exact same thing as you. Makes it more exciting, and neither guy is a no brainer here.

After taking Brees with my first pick, and losing Ronnie Brown to IR, I am left with Knowshon Moreno, Beanie Wells, Justin Forsett, Arian Foster, Chris Jennings, and Quintin Ganther as my RBs. I have Reggie Wayne, Chad Ochocinco, Steve Smith (NYG), and Robert Meachem for my WRs.

Considering this is a PPR league that I am in, and MJD blew up on me last night (although Wayne had a good game), I am thinking of rolling with:

RB: Moreno

RB: Forsett

Flex: Foster

It's killing me to keep Wells on the bench with his matchup against Detroit, and Steve Smith is always a lock for at least 7 points in this league. But I want the big games. Forsett/Foster are high risk/high reward. Their matchups are both great as well, and they should catch passes...whereas Beanie won't. Plus, we're not sure exactly how many carries Beanie will get...although I suspect he will get at least 15 touches.

Hopefully these thoughts help someone else out.

Good luck!

Someone please talk me out of starting Chris Jennings. Everytime I've started a Cleveland Brown this year they have played like crap. I hate to put my playoff life on the line with a Brown in my lineup, but his matchup @ KC is just too sexy to ignore. Am I crazy for considering him over Justin Fargas and Marshawn Lynch?

I got some of the guys mentioned here.

Gotta pick 2 of Turner, Snelling, P. Thomas, Foster, Britt

Leaning towards Thomas & Foster, but will likely change my mind 20 times before tomorrow night's kickoff. Lynch is also available, if I want to confuse myself even more.

I got some of the guys mentioned here.

Gotta pick 2 of Turner, Snelling, P. Thomas, Foster, Britt

Leaning towards Thomas & Foster, but will likely change my mind 20 times before tomorrow night's kickoff. Lynch is also available, if I want to confuse myself even more.

I must be stupid, but I am seriously considering benching PT in favor of Forsett. I could also play Bowe at the flex instead?!? What do I do?!?! I think PT will get hammered by a tough Dallas run D, in a must win game.

Forsett might not get to play much... but if he does.... Oooohieieieieie could be good. As for Bowe? I don't freaking know? What if Fitz doesn't play or only plays half a game. Is it possible to start Bowe over Fitz?!?

Right now, i'm ranking em this way for week 15:

1. Ganther (no shared carries, wash off playing better, giants def not)

1A. Snelling (ONLY if turner is out, otherwise i'd prob put him last)

2. Forsett (JJ, but seems to do a lot with even a few touches, great matchup this week)

3. Foster (total wildcard, but better upside than a few, esp this week)

4. Jennings (terrible offense, dec matchup but on the road, plus shares with harrison)

5. Morris (hey, he'll prob get all the carries so he deserves mention)

really believe in the playoffs the most important thing is just getting solid numbers and not trying to go for the HR. I mean, i assume most people have good enough teams that they are just looking for a RB2 at best here so why not just go with a safe guy who will prob get at least 10 pts rather than risk it with a guy who might get 15+ or might get 5 or less.

Forsett just got a huge bump in value now that Mora has announced that he and Jones are going to split series evenly... He's going to blow up... period.

Here's how I would rank them this week:

Foster who has a great match-up this week, by a slight margin over

Forsett who also has a decent match-up and should outperform J Jones, by a slight margin over

Ganther who will lose lots of value if Washington can't keep it close, over

Jennings who I can't trust because Mangini is just as likely to use Cribbs or Harrison as the primary RB this week, over

Snelling who has a chance to be benched as Turner is a GTD, and does not face a good match-up anyway.

Forsett: Pros - Mora calling for split of series, facing Tampa, rain on the forecast; Cons - Him and Jones evenly split carries last week, so what's the big deal.

Foster: Pros - Kubiak hinting at him taking bulk of carries, facing St. Louis; Cons - Fickle coach known to pull RBs fast, 3 RB RBBC?

The crowd above had finally convinced me to use Forsett, then the announcement came that Forsett and JJ would rotate series... This is more meaningful than splitting carries, as the more talented Forsett can keep drives going longer, leading to a higher number of carries. Then again, Foster, if all goes well, should get 15-20 against a D that habitually gives up 100+ yd and a TD on a weekly basis...

So with 24 hrs to go, we are going with....?