Sign in to follow this  
td parker

HOLD EVERYTHING! Big CBS Scoring Change

You're missing the point. They has to be some time when a final is a final. Four days after is past that time. Should the NFL, pardon me, Elias revisit SB XL and review some of the calls the Hawk fans have cried about ever since? No. There is a point when a game is over. Even week 14...would you be willing to reverse games then because of a stat correction made now? No. And the reason is the same, there is a point when a game is over.

So who decides when no more corrections can be made? You?

That play looked flaky from the jump. If anything Warner owners got points that they didn't deserve and that's the bottom line. Sounds like a real shady way to win a matchup.

The commish thats who. Should be in every leagues constitution. This is a game for petes sake. If your playing a little league ball game and a home run is counted as foul and after the game a person from the outfield says the ball was fair and has a video he was taping of the game to prove it there not going to change the game its over. at some point this game we play called fantasy football there needs to be a point where the week is over and the next week can start.

So who decides when no more corrections can be made? You?

That play looked flaky from the jump. If anything Warner owners got points that they didn't deserve and that's the bottom line. Sounds like a real shady way to win a matchup.

You're missing the point. They has to be some time when a final is a final. Four days after is past that time. Should the NFL, pardon me, Elias revisit SB XL and review some of the calls the Hawk fans have cried about ever since? No. There is a point when a game is over. Even week 14...would you be willing to reverse games then because of a stat correction made now? No. And the reason is the same, there is a point when a game is over.

Actually if you go to your league homepage and click on "players" and then click on "stat corrections," you will see that many corrections have been made throughout the season. I play in an IDP league so there are a lot more, but plenty of them have been made as late as Thursday the following week. These corrections are not usually noticed because they do not change the outcomes.

I agree with you that there needs to be a cutoff time. But Elias reviews EVERY play of EVERY game and then makes their corrections. These corrections usually come out on Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. In this case they came out Wednesday. Yahoo didn't run their scoring changes until Thursday, but the correction was out yesterday. Elias does not go back and make corrections from Week 14 NOW. This was a stat correction done on Wednesday of the following week. That is only 3 days after the game on Sunday. In my opinion this is perfectly fine. Obviously your affected by this and it makes it a lot tougher. Just my opinion but I would want my league statistics to reflect that of the official stat provider of the NFL. If you checked the nfl box score after the play occurred, it was ruled as a 5 yard Boldin rushing TD, then a few minutes later it was changed. Now Elias reviewed the play and changed it back to the correct ruling. Its not like this was some fluke instance.

The commish thats who. Should be in every leagues constitution. This is a game for petes sake. If your playing a little league ball game and a home run is counted as foul and after the game a person from the outfield says the ball was fair and has a video he was taping of the game to prove it there not going to change the game its over. at some point this game we play called fantasy football there needs to be a point where the week is over and the next week can start.

Elias Sports bureau is not a person in the outfield and the commish is not all powerful. If the stats say it's a rushing TD then it's a rushing TD. A commish can't make up rules and arbitrary cutoffs as he pleases. There are stat corrections every week, what difference does it make whether it was Tuesday or Thursday, the mistake was corrected as it always is. I don't see how a league constitution plays into this. What are you gonna say, official stat corrections will not be honored after a certain day?

Ofcourse the commish ( who is all powerfull to the league) can make up any rules they like and alot of leagues do have these rules in place. Every league I have ever been part of has a set day . some Tuesday and other Thursday. And my point in reference to the Little League is that Fantasy Football is a Game within a game with its own set of rules. we are not bound by the rules of t he NFL. If the NFL makes a change the leagues can do whatever is in there rules / constitution or whatever leagues call it. In football a passing TD is worth 6 points but in most leagues ( not all ) its 4 points. I ofcourse see your point but you have to rememeber that Fantasy Football is its own game with its own rules determined by the all powerfull wizard err I mean commish. There is no master rule that says you have to follow anything the nfl does as your rules. AS I said every one I know has a set day in there rules for changes. Its pretty common.

Elias Sports bureau is not a person in the outfield and the commish is not all powerful. If the stats say it's a rushing TD then it's a rushing TD. A commish can't make up rules and arbitrary cutoffs as he pleases. There are stat corrections every week, what difference does it make whether it was Tuesday or Thursday, the mistake was corrected as it always is. I don't see how a league constitution plays into this. What are you gonna say, official stat corrections will not be honored after a certain day?

Not on CBS they dont. there is no option for stat changes. CBS Sportsline does not make any after games are offical on Tuesday this is the first time they have done this as far as I can tell. ANd I was not affected by this. I am a Warner owner who got knocked out week 14 . I have no bias and my league makes no changes after Tuesday at 9am so has no affect on our games. CBS Sportline makes no changes to the final scores EVER in the year.this is the first time they have gone and made changes to final scores without letting the commisioners know.

Actually if you go to your league homepage and click on "players" and then click on "stat corrections," you will see that many corrections have been made throughout the season. I play in an IDP league so there are a lot more, but plenty of them have been made as late as Thursday the following week. These corrections are not usually noticed because they do not change the outcomes.

I agree with you that there needs to be a cutoff time. But Elias reviews EVERY play of EVERY game and then makes their corrections. These corrections usually come out on Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. In this case they came out Wednesday. Yahoo didn't run their scoring changes until Thursday, but the correction was out yesterday. Elias does not go back and make corrections from Week 14 NOW. This was a stat correction done on Wednesday of the following week. That is only 3 days after the game on Sunday. In my opinion this is perfectly fine. Obviously your affected by this and it makes it a lot tougher. Just my opinion but I would want my league statistics to reflect that of the official stat provider of the NFL. If you checked the nfl box score after the play occurred, it was ruled as a 5 yard Boldin rushing TD, then a few minutes later it was changed. Now Elias reviewed the play and changed it back to the correct ruling. Its not like this was some fluke instance.

You're missing the point. Hawks fans weren't crying about stat changes. The issue was incompetent refs. Piss poor analogy on your part.

Not on CBS they dont. there is no option for stat changes. CBS Sportsline does not make any after games are offical on Tuesday this is the first time they have done this as far as I can tell. ANd I was not affected by this. I am a Warner owner who got knocked out week 14 . I have no bias and my league makes no changes after Tuesday at 9am so has no affect on our games. CBS Sportline makes no changes to the final scores EVER in the year.this is the first time they have gone and made changes to final scores without letting the commisioners know.

My post was in response to Law, who stated that he was using Yahoo. I have used CBS in the past but that was a couple years ago. I do not know there exact rulings. If they have a cutoff on Tuesday, I do not agree with that because Elias often makes corrections on Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week, after they have reviewed EVERY game. But CBS can handle it however they want, and the people who sign up there obviously like the site, so they should go with the sites decision. If CBS did something against their posted rules, then I would email their support and ask why this has occurred. I only know how Yahoo has handled it previously.

My post was in response to Law, who stated that he was using Yahoo. I have used CBS in the past but that was a couple years ago. I do not know there exact rulings. If they have a cutoff on Tuesday, I do not agree with that because Elias often makes corrections on Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week, after they have reviewed EVERY game. But CBS can handle it however they want, and the people who sign up there obviously like the site, so they should go with the sites decision. If CBS didn't something against their posted rules, then I would email their support and ask why this has occurred. I only know how Yahoo has handled it previously.

if CBS has a rule about not changing scoring after Tuesday :dunno: that is not the case anymore because as most everyone on here knows they changed the scoring yesterday which was WEDNESDAY :bench:

My opponent in Championship was changed. The guy we thought had won had a 5 pt lead and when they took away Warners TD he ended up losing by 1 :music_guitarred:

Statistical Correction - 12/23/09

Please be advised that the following statistical corrections were made by the official stat provider of the NFL and it may impact the results in your league.

Kurt Warner will a lose a TD pass and 5 passing yards. Anquan Boldin will lose a reception, 5 receiving yards and a receiving TD and will gain 5 rushing yards and a rushing TD. This change should be reflected when CBSSports.com makes its next statistical run later today.

so if CBS has this rule in place someone paste it on here. And CBS made the changes themselves.

Patssox thats the point alot of people are trying to make . CBS Made a change on WED for the very first time. there have been other changes to stats in the past and they post the same rule which is in there policy that stats are final after 9am TUESDAY and they leave it up to the commish to decide further . This one time they decided to just make the changes to leagues without letting the commish know and against there policy for every year. They have NEVER made a change EVER after tuesday . The rule of theres has been posted a few times in this thread already but here it is again.

We receive many questions about when statistics on our site become official. Please note that live scoring stats you see during games are NOT official. We receive official game stats each night/early morning after games are played. These stats come from the official stat provider of the NFL. By approximately 9:00 AM ET on days after NFL games are played, the stats you see on our site are considered official. Note that occasionally the NFL will make an official scoring change within a day or more after games are played. If we receive their scoring change by Tuesday, we will update the site. Anything we receive after that is not included on the site. In Football Commissioner leagues, the commissioner can still include these changes by using the ADUST SCORING feature at the bottom of the SCOREBOARD page

if CBS has a rule about not changing scoring after Tuesday :dunno: that is not the case anymore because as most everyone on here knows they changed the scoring yesterday which was WEDNESDAY :bench:

My opponent in Championship was changed. The guy we thought had won had a 5 pt lead and when they took away Warners TD he ended up losing by 1 :music_guitarred:

so if CBS has this rule in place someone paste it on here. And CBS made the changes themselves.

I know they made the change. But other people have posted in this thread that CBS has a Tuesday deadline for making scoring changes themselves and they have never done this in the past. I do not use CBS and therefore do not know what their rules say or how they handle it.

We receive many questions about when statistics on our site become official. Please note that live scoring stats you see during games are NOT official. We receive official game stats each night/early morning after games are played. These stats come from the official stat provider of the NFL. By approximately 9:00 AM ET on days after NFL games are played, the stats you see on our site are considered official. Note that occasionally the NFL will make an official scoring change within a day or more after games are played. If we receive their scoring change by Tuesday, we will update the site. Anything we receive after that is not included on the site. In Football Commissioner leagues, the commissioner can still include these changes by using the ADUST SCORING feature at the bottom of the SCOREBOARD page

well i am a commish in a Commissioner league and CBS changed the scoring them selves on Wednesday. In my league the Warner was already knocked out but they changed his stats. We pay a $150 fee for these sites so the rule above is a bunch of SH!T they did it this time on their own. Cause the league im in championship CBS changed it not the commissioner. And that website is $150 also.

By CBS's rules it should be up to the commissioner of each individual league what to do but instead CBS made the change them selves. That is a bunch of bull SH!T.

In the other leagues ESPN, YAHOO, NFL and so on it sounds like the sites just changed the scoring as well.

OK i found it:

Statistics Corrections. Following the completion of each week's games, all statistics and point totals are verified, and corrections are made where necessary. However, all statistics and point totals for the week are considered FINAL as of Wednesday. If a stat correction is announced for the previous weekend's games on Wednesday or later, it will not be included in our statistics and your official Fantasy scoring will be based on the original statistic.

http://www.cbssports.com/info/about/tos/fbc

"By CBS's rules it should be up to the commissioner of each individual league what to do but instead CBS made the change them selves. That is a bunch of bull SH!T. "

Thats the crux of the issue. there are always changes and CBS policy is to leave it to the leagues to decide after Tuesday 9am but this one time they just made the change. Very odd and a load of crap. wether you agree it was a run or a pass CBS sportsline decieded to break there own rules on this one play. My League the commish would have changed it back if it mattered but is does not. we speciffically have it in our rules Tuesday 9am no matter what . we want to move on with the week. Got to figure its like 1 person who decided to do this at CBS. and wonder if they didnt go against warner and lose by 3. Ya never know.

If the NFL announced the stat change on Tuesday and it took CBS wednesday to fix than they did not do anything wrong but be slow as hell.

Have to find out when the stat was corrected by NFL.

Statistics Corrections. Following the completion of each week's games, all statistics and point totals are verified, and corrections are made where necessary. However, all statistics and point totals for the week are considered FINAL as of Wednesday. If a stat correction is announced for the previous weekend's games on Wednesday or later, it will not be included in our statistics and your official Fantasy scoring will be based on the original statistic.

if it was "announced" by NFL on Tuesday than CBS has right to change it. i think?

It was changed on Wed but if you read there more decriptive one I posted its actually Tuesay at 9am and they have posted that before .They also have never made any changes that happened on Tuesday in the past. But the change was done Wed morning/afternoon by the NFL and by both paragraphs they went against there own rules.

It was changed on Wed but if you read there more decriptive one I posted its actually Tuesay at 9am and they have posted that before .They also have never made any changes that happened on Tuesday in the past. But the change was done Wed morning/afternoon by the NFL and by both paragraphs they went against there own rules.

the only way i can see that CBS can explain the change is if that was actually corrected on Tuesday by the NFL :music_guitarred:

the only way i can see that CBS can explain the change is if that was actually corrected on Tuesday by the NFL :thumbsup:

this is all i have found so far on when the stat was officially changed

OK, so the official scoring decision that came down Wednesday wasn’t the Cards’ collective fault. Quarterback Kurt Warner’s final five-yard scoring throw on a screen to wide receiver Anquan Boldin was ruled a backward pass – and thus a rushing attempt by Boldin – that shaved Warner’s TD pass total on the season to 24 and gave Boldin his first career rushing touchdown.

if this is the case than CBS has no excuse i can see to have made the change themselves. If i was a Warner owner and lost because of this i would be rasing some HELL. In our league its the difference of being guarenteed atleast $300 or now may get nothing. :music_guitarred:

My league has decided, to a man, that the change, right or wrong, is ridiculous being so late from one week and so close to another. They agree that the games end on Tuesday morning with any minor stat changes needed for IDPs and so forth. When the final score is posted on Tuesday morning, the game is final. You have to have confidence that when a game is over, it's over.

So it has been said, so it shall be done.

My opponent for the final and I were both 10-4 going into the final but he got knocked out because of the Kurt Warner score change. I would be bitter.

Agree this is exactly how we would have handled it if it did affect my league.

My league has decided, to a man, that the change, right or wrong, is ridiculous being so late from one week and so close to another. They agree that the games end on Tuesday morning with any minor stat changes needed for IDPs and so forth. When the final score is posted on Tuesday morning, the game is final. You have to have confidence that when a game is over, it's over.

So it has been said, so it shall be done.

My league has decided, to a man, that the change, right or wrong, is ridiculous being so late from one week and so close to another. They agree that the games end on Tuesday morning with any minor stat changes needed for IDPs and so forth. When the final score is posted on Tuesday morning, the game is final.

Jeez, you missed the point, again. If your league has such a rule, then bully for you. League rules can always supersede site rules. Domo arigatou, Captain Obvious.

The rest of us are talking about leagues without such a rule.

Jeez, you missed the point, again. If your league has such a rule, then bully for you. League rules can always supersede site rules. Domo arigatou, Captain Obvious.

The rest of us are talking about leagues without such a rule.

Hmmm, did I say my league had such a rule? Guess I missed that. Or you misread. I said my league decided on this play. The simple inference there is that there was no rule previously in place. If there had been, the league wouldn't have to now decide. No?

Try to keep up with us here mmmk?

Jeez!

Law

Did this happen to affect a game in your league. Just curious.

We have a rule in affect Tuesday at 9am BUT I can still see the Warner owner going nuts , rule or no rule. A rule like we have in the regular season the opinion is oh well theres always next week. but this game was for all the marbles, going to the championship and probally alot of money. I know there are guys in my league that if they had Warner and were now out of the championship ( they were in before the change) would have argued all week and quit unless we reversed it.

Here is maybe 2 solutions

have a 3 team championship. The original team in and the new team in and the team that is the opponent . 3 teams in the championship. Best score takes all.

OR

week 16 is now a extra game between the two teams affected by the Warner change ( much like in baseball where there is a division tie) and the winner of that game on week 16 plays the other division winner now on week 17.

While a little radical these might be decent options if the league cant come to a agreement.

In my main league, I started out 6-1 and then lost 6 straight, backing into the last playoff spot with a 6-7 record. I had terrible luck, seeming always to face teams when they recorded their yearly high point totals. I then lost my seventh straight before winning a game in the "no-consolation" bracket. My efforts unrewarded and my usual good luck apparently exhausted, I was begininng to sour on the FF experience.

But I had two other teams. I had been going to bench Peyton for Team A, but I forgot the game was a Thursday nighter and didn't remember it until too late. A Christmas Miracle resulted, Manning gifting me with 4 TDs. I then felt that the Big Commish upstairs was going to compensate me for the undeserved ill luck of my regular season. I felt blessed. When I saw the notice that Warner was losing a TD pass, my heart leapt--another Miracle. My Team B had lost 80-77 to the Warner owner, and a scoring change would bestow the playoff victory upon me. "Good tidings of great joy!" as was said in another context.

Now I learn that I belong to one of the few leagues on the planet that will not make the change. I tell you frankly that I have lost my religious faith, and on Christmas too. I don't think God cares if I win or lose, to tell you the truth. I'm not even going to tinker with my line-up for my remaining playoff game. I mean, what's the point? I guess I'll just kill some time with my family.

Law

Did this happen to affect a game in your league. Just curious.

We have a rule in affect Tuesday at 9am BUT I can still see the Warner owner going nuts , rule or no rule. A rule like we have in the regular season the opinion is oh well theres always next week. but this game was for all the marbles, going to the championship and probally alot of money. I know there are guys in my league that if they had Warner and were now out of the championship ( they were in before the change) would have argued all week and quit unless we reversed it.

Here is maybe 2 solutions

have a 3 team championship. The original team in and the new team in and the team that is the opponent . 3 teams in the championship. Best score takes all.

OR

week 16 is now a extra game between the two teams affected by the Warner change ( much like in baseball where there is a division tie) and the winner of that game on week 16 plays the other division winner now on week 17.

While a little radical these might be decent options if the league cant come to a agreement.

Yes. It affected our semi-finals, my team specifically as I have both Warner and Boldin. The net result of the change was a loss of 10 points. I went from an 8-point win to a 2-point loss. Funny thing was the guy I beat and then lost too was the most adamant that the game was over and he lost. He said if it had been adjusted any time Tuesday ok, but not Thursday. That was too late.

I totally left it in the hands of the league since it was my team. I stated I actually preferred going with the change in this instance. Once they all said no, that it should be changed back, I did so and declared that going forward ALL games are decided when they're decided on Tuesday.

While I agree there should be some cutoff point for stat changes, as long as the next week's games haven't been played, any stat change should be counted. You can't be a slave to a website. The NFL says it's a run, and you have plenty of time to correct your scoring, whether your league website updates it or not. For the record, this play didn't affect our league, as both Warner and Boldin were on teams out of our playoffs.

My league uses the NFL.com Gamebook for the official stats. If there's a discrepancy with our website, the Gamebook rules. We don't have a rule on stat change cutoffs, but I'm going to propose one for next year, probably the following Sunday at 1:00.

I remember back in 2002, a Tom Brady to Kevin Faulk 74 yd TD pass was changed to a Faulk 74 yd TD run on the Wednesday after the following week's games were played, i.e, 10 days after the fact. That's beyond the point of recovery IMO, as the impact is too much, especially if it happens in the league playoffs.

If a stat is officially changed by the NFL and it effected the out come of a fantasy game than as long as there has not been another NFL game before the change has been made the corrected stat and score should change as well :thumbsdown: It should not matter if the change comes Tuesday morning or dam Friday morning. You can not tell me that a team should win a game because of a wrong stat. NO WAY IN HELL And who the hell cares if it is changed on even Thursday :nono: What so you lose 1 or 2 days at starring at your opponents lineup????????

They only way, now that i have thought about this and read different responses, is if the waiver wire was effected. In all my leagues waivers go through around 3am Wednesday morning. But if it happened in semi finals like this year that would not effect anyone in our league because even the loser of the semi final plays another game for 3rd place so they would still put in their waiver claims. But if it happened the week before in round 1 of playoffs where loser is done thats a different story. If waivers have already passed and the guy who won actually lost and had done waivers than there is no going back in my opinion. In that case the results have to be official. Because you can not go back and make that player drop who he picked up and reset waivers because people will already know who everyone is wanting and would not be fair.