Sign in to follow this  
td parker

HOLD EVERYTHING! Big CBS Scoring Change

Please be advised that the following statistical corrections were made by the official stat provider of the NFL and it may impact the results in your league.

Kurt Warner will a lose a TD pass and 5 passing yards. Anquan Boldin will lose a reception, 5 receiving yards and a receiving TD and will gain 5 rushing yards and a rushing TD. This change should be reflected when CBSSports.com makes its next statistical run later today :thumbsup:

Yeah i saw it was changed in the box score on nfl.com too.

Doesn't affect me or any of my leagues, but I would think Kurt Warner could affect quite a few leagues. He was like the top QB play this past week, or at least one of them. And I'm sure many people went and got him earlier in the season considering his playoff schedule.

Yeah i dont think this will actually affect a huge number of people....maybe a handful.

Only talking 6 or 7 points from Warner correct? And with most teams in the final 4 now...how many on those actually had Warner?

Yeah i dont think this will actually affect a huge number of people....maybe a handful.

Only talking 6 or 7 points from Warner correct? And with most teams in the final 4 now...how many on those actually had Warner?

I have Warner in my Yahoo league and I only won by 6 points. If they make the corrections on yahoo I will lose! :rolleyes:

I have Warner in my Yahoo league and I only won by 6 points. If they make the corrections on yahoo I will lose! :rolleyes:

I won by two points so I will also take the Loss if this correction is made. I watched the video highlight and I dont see what they saw. I see a bubble screen pass that was ruled to be a touchdown pass in a game that has now ended. It does not affect the outcome of the game so I dont know where they are going with this.

I won by two points so I will also take the Loss if this correction is made. I watched the video highlight and I dont see what they saw. I see a bubble screen pass that was ruled to be a touchdown pass in a game that has now ended. It does not affect the outcome of the game so I dont know where they are going with this.

Well the statistics and rulings of all games are reviewed the following week. These stat "corrections" do happen to make sure the statistics are in fact valid and correct. I have not yet seen the play this is referring to. I know when I was following the game online that it was originally ruled a TD Run by Boldin and then changed to a Warner TD pass to Boldin. Now if you look at the NFL box scores, it has been changed again to a Boldin TD run. This means that fantasy sites should rerun their stats to reflect this change unless they use some statistic site outside the official nfl statistics that has not made this change.

I feel bad for anyone that loses this way. Stat corrections do come up though and are one of the reasons you'll often see people tell someone not to bench a player on Monday night with a 1 or 2 point lead, because a stat correction could cause them to lose anyways.

Thats an absolutely brutal way to lose a game...especially considering by now you are adjusting rosters for this week titles game......then no...you are out.

Sorry to those that blasted out...and yeah....merry xmas to those it snuck in....

Dam we just found out im playing a different dam team in Championship :thumbsdown: the score was 120.62 to 115.62 now they took away the 6 pts and TD made score 115.62-114.62. Dam now i have to play a better team :unsure:

ESPN still has it a pass??

FOURTH QUARTER ARI DET

TD 13:40 Beanie Wells 18 Yd Run (Mike Nugent Kick) 24 17

TD 03:48 Drew Stanton 1 Yd Run (Jason Hanson Kick) 24 24

TD 01:54 Anquan Boldin 5 Yd Pass From Kurt Warner (Mike Nugent Kick) 31 24

NFL.com has it correctly as a run

ARI TD A.Boldin 5 yd. run (M.Nugent kick) (5-58, 1:54)

dam ESPN better fix that SH!T before it messes all kind of people up :thumbsdown:

My opponent in the Semis won by three pts with Warner as his starting QB. If NFL.com makes the scoring change in its fantasy leagues, I will go to the Finals.

I have a classic case of mixed feelings about this. A few weeks ago, I won a big game by .5 pts. Several days after I had thanked Allah for his bounty and circled the W, I awoke to find that a scoring change had turned my victory into a half-point loss. That reversal was hard to take.

I can understand why the fanball leagues use the official stats. It would also be a downer to lose games because of scoring inaccuracies. However, there must be a better way to handle these matters than to correct them days after the fact. It's like learning that last week's 15% gain in your brokerage account was a software error and having to watch the values adjusted downward. I suppose I sort of hope that the correction propels me to victory; at the same time, I hate to see my opponent go through what I did. When Manningham scored a late, superfluous TD on Monday night, I lost and my opponent won--or thinks he did.

My opponent in the Semis won by three pts with Warner as his starting QB. If NFL.com makes the scoring change in its fantasy leagues, I will go to the Finals.

I have a classic case of mixed feelings about this. A few weeks ago, I won a big game by .5 pts. Several days after I had thanked Allah for his bounty and circled the W, I awoke to find that a scoring change had turned my victory into a half-point loss. That reversal was hard to take.

I can understand why the fanball leagues use the official stats. It would also be a downer to lose games because of scoring inaccuracies. However, there must be a better way to handle these matters than to correct them days after the fact. It's like learning that last week's 15% gain in your brokerage account was a software error and having to watch the values adjusted downward. I suppose I sort of hope that the correction propels me to victory; at the same time, I hate to see my opponent go through what I did. When Manningham scored a late, superfluous TD on Monday night, I lost and my opponent won--or thinks he did.

All fantasy leagues need to go by the official NFL ruling :thumbsup: If nfl.com has it as a run why the hell does NFL fantasy site have it as a pass still????

NFL.com hasn't made a statistical correction to their Sportsline-powered fantasy stats--yet. The change hasn't appeared on Yahoo yet either. Some owners are in for a shock when they log on to set their lineups for the Big One only to find that they're now playing in the Little One. I feel their pain.

Very surprising. I thought if any stat changes were made this week, it would be on Brees TD "pass" to L Moore.

I had Warner in my big pot TD league and unfortuneately/fortunately, this news won't break my heart. I lost by plenty anyway.

This is what I can not understand. CBS has never made any stat changes to games. Its always final after Tuesday at 9am. they leave it up to the commish to do that. all stats are final on 9am tuesday morning. Been using cbs for 7 years and this is the first time ever this has happened. Why all of a sudden on this one play . Does not affect my league as the warner owner was knocked out. But very strange. My CBS League uses the 9am tuesday as the official stats no matter what to avoid any fights. AGAIN CBS has decided to go against something they have done forever. Got to wonder if someone in cbs was playing the warner owner and lost lol.

Can you imagine if this happened in a championship game and the winner won by 3 pts and had warner. wow to win the championship and 3 days later to maybe not have ?

CBS Rules from there site.

We receive many questions about when statistics on our site become official. Please note that live scoring stats you see during games are NOT official. We receive official game stats each night/early morning after games are played. These stats come from the official stat provider of the NFL. By approximately 9:00 AM ET on days after NFL games are played, the stats you see on our site are considered official. Note that occasionally the NFL will make an official scoring change within a day or more after games are played. If we receive their scoring change by Tuesday, we will update the site. Anything we receive after that is not included on the site. In Football Commissioner leagues, the commissioner can still include these changes by using the ADUST SCORING feature at the bottom of the SCOREBOARD page

This will bring my semi-final game to a tie. This is ridiculous! What this is really about is $$$$$$$$$, gambling and yes fantasy football. I watched the play. No reason to over turn the call. Not enough evidence. Just like when a coach challenges and there is not enough evidence the ruling on the field stands. Let's also add that it is effin Wednesday! Why change it now? Because it's all about some big wig who lost some $$$$$$$ and has made some arrangement to get it overturned. Crazy..just some dirty currupt ######! Fortunatley I still will win by the rules of yahoo tie-breaker. Which if anyone was wondering yahoo has announced that the changes WILL be made tonight! Tie-breaker is most Total TD's by the STARTING roster for those of you scrambling. Merry X-Mas!

I have to agree somethings up with this play. Its was so close ( And to my eyes looks like a pass) to overturn this is strange.And for CBS to go against there rule of tuesday 9am for this one play . they dont do it for and have never done it for any play. every strange.

Now on the CBS homepage it says:

Statistical Correction - 12/23/09

Please be advised that the following statistical corrections were made by the official stat provider of the NFL and it may impact the results in your league.

Kurt Warner will a lose a TD pass and 5 passing yards. Anquan Boldin will lose a reception, 5 receiving yards and a receiving TD and will gain 5 rushing yards and a rushing TD. This change should be reflected when CBSSports.com makes its next statistical run later today.

It also says that CBS free and premium leagues have a rule that no scoring changes will be accepted after Tuesday morning--which means that I lose because my opponent gets to keep the phantom TD pass. What a downer. And what an outrage. I may contact my U.S. representative and ask him to call for Congressional hearings into FF scoring practices, so that travesties like this will never occur again. Or I may just get with the Christmas holiday and forget about it.

Statistics Corrections

Following the completion of each week's games, all statistics and point totals are verified, and corrections are made where necessary. However, all statistics and point totals for the week are considered FINAL as of 11:59:59 PM ET on Wednesday. If a stat correction is announced for the previous weekend's games after 11:59:59 PM ET on Wednesday or later, it will not be included in our statistics and your official Fantasy score will be based on the original statistic

link - http://cbssportsfantasy.custhelp.com/app/a.../r_id/166/sno/2

:rolleyes: contradicted by this

We receive many questions about when statistics on our site become official. Please note that live scoring stats you see during games are NOT official. We receive official game stats each night/early morning after games are played. These stats come from the official stat provider of the NFL. By approximately 9:00 AM ET on days after NFL games are played, the stats you see on our site are considered official. Note that occasionally the NFL will make an official scoring change within a day or more after games are played. If we receive their scoring change by Tuesday, we will update the site. Anything we receive after that is not included on the site. In Football Commissioner leagues, the commissioner can still include these changes by using the ADUST SCORING feature at the bottom of the SCOREBOARD page. Please note that questions concerning stat issues are typically addressed in SITE NEWS and the HELP/FAQ area.

http://cbssportsfantasy.custhelp.com/app/a.../r_id/166/sno/1

Well, Yahoo just F'ed me BIG time!

They changed that score TODAY...THURSDAY!

This after Waivers on Wednesday and everything.

Stat corrections are common and are done overnight. Typically, they adjust IDP scores.

But now, I lose a reception for Boldin and a passing TD for Warner and that gives me a loss and knocks me into the 3rd place game. Problem is, we've already done Waivers and everything else.

This is such a clusterfook!

:pointstosky:

It also says that CBS free and premium leagues have a rule that no scoring changes will be accepted after Tuesday morning--which means that I lose because my opponent gets to keep the phantom TD pass. What a downer. And what an outrage. I may contact my U.S. representative and ask him to call for Congressional hearings into FF scoring practices, so that travesties like this will never occur again. Or I may just get with the Christmas holiday and forget about it.

Do what :pointstosky:

it was changed yesterday in my CBS league. It changed who im playing in the championship. The Warner owner was up 5 pts but with the 6 pts taken away from Warner he now lost by 1.

i never read anything about this???

Again I will repeat this is bizzare. There are stat changes every week on thursday. Passes turned to runs etc. sacks given and taken away. Passing yardage adjusted. CBS Sportsline has always been official as of tuesday at 9am .its always been there policy and only commishioners can make any changes after wed BUT this time CBS went into everyones league and made the changes. Every week there are changes in stats and if you made them every week there might be 4-6 of those 1 point victorys changd every season . You run waivers based on tuesday. set playoff games based on tuesday. What a mess cbs has done by this. I understand that you want to get things right but at some point in the week things have to be final. My league is tuesday at 9am and if this had affected my league im sure the commish would have changed it back as we have it in our league constitution that its 9am Tuesday so this isnt an issue. I am a Warner owner and if it was me It would suck but I know the rules.

Boldin owner here...I saw it live on the ticket and have been worried all week about this. It was a lateral without question but jeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz it's freaking Thursday!

My league has not fixed it yet as it would take away 3 points from me and move me from 2nd overall to 3rd overall.

I'm not that honest to tell the commish either! Still waiting for the shoe to drop.

Again I will repeat this is bizzare. There are stat changes every week on thursday. Passes turned to runs etc. sacks given and taken away. Passing yardage adjusted. CBS Sportsline has always been official as of tuesday at 9am .its always been there policy and only commishioners can make any changes after wed BUT this time CBS went into everyones league and made the changes. Every week there are changes in stats and if you made them every week there might be 4-6 of those 1 point victorys changd every season . You run waivers based on tuesday. set playoff games based on tuesday. What a mess cbs has done by this. I understand that you want to get things right but at some point in the week things have to be final. My league is tuesday at 9am and if this had affected my league im sure the commish would have changed it back as we have it in our league constitution that its 9am Tuesday so this isnt an issue. I am a Warner owner and if it was me It would suck but I know the rules.

Yahoo has followed the same mis-policy. Going in after-the-fact and changing game outcomes. Yes, there are stat changes every week. Those Thursday changes, to my knowledge, affect only the players year-end stats and do NOT affect any game outcomes. The common changes that happen the morning after a game are one thing. Changes FOUR days later are another.

My problem is this directly affects me. With Warner having a TD I'm in the Final. Without it and my arch nemesis is. I'm the commish so I can change it back to the way the game was decided originally but that may look unethical.

Yahoo has followed the same mis-policy. Going in after-the-fact and changing game outcomes. Yes, there are stat changes every week. Those Thursday changes, to my knowledge, affect only the players year-end stats and do NOT affect any game outcomes. The common changes that happen the morning after a game are one thing. Changes FOUR days later are another.

My problem is this directly affects me. With Warner having a TD I'm in the Final. Without it and my arch nemesis is. I'm the commish so I can change it back to the way the game was decided originally but that may look unethical.

it was not a Warner TD :nono:

Yahoo and all the rest of leagues should have fixed scoring before today thats for dam sure. Id be pissed if i had Warner or if was playing against Warner.

The fantasy sites needed to change this on Tuesday. Once waivers pickups have started on Wednesday changes to prior weeks scoring should not be allowed. It looks like CBS broke its own rule by changing scores yesterday. There is no fair way to fix the problem i can think of. :overhead:

how this from ROTOWORLD :overhead:

Kurt Warner-QB-Cardinals Dec. 24 - 10:37 am et

The NFL changed Anquan Boldin's five-yard touchdown pass to a run because the play was a lateral.

This is going to affect the fantasy scoring of owners who started Warner last week. He now officially threw for one touchdown and 228 yards. If you lost because of this ruling, try to stay off the ledge.

Source: Arizona Republic

Related: Anquan Boldin

:nono:

Unless you have something in your league bylaws that says ALL Games are final at Tuesday Midnight or NO scoring changes will affect game outcomes if they occur AFTER Midnight on Tuesday (or anything similar), you simply CANNOT change the scoring. You signed up to use Yahoo so you have to go by their decision unless you have something in your individual league rules that supercedes the Yahoo rules.

It sucks to lose that way, but as commish you absolutely can not change the scoring unless you have a league rule to fall back on.

Unless you have something in your league bylaws that says ALL Games are final at Tuesday Midnight or NO scoring changes will affect game outcomes if they occur AFTER Midnight on Tuesday (or anything similar), you simply CANNOT change the scoring. You signed up to use Yahoo so you have to go by their decision unless you have something in your individual league rules that supercedes the Yahoo rules.

It sucks to lose that way, but as commish you absolutely can not change the scoring unless you have a league rule to fall back on.

Everyone in the league is saying it's done. The game was decided and when the results were posted on Tuesday, that's it. You can't go back and recount and recount. This isn't a presidential election!

IF the NFL, CBS, Yahoo, or whomever wanted to change the stats...fine. Do it on Tuesday or be done with it.

We can't revisit game decisions forever.

Everyone in the league is saying it's done. The game was decided and when the results were posted on Tuesday, that's it. You can't go back and recount and recount. This isn't a presidential election!

IF the NFL, CBS, Yahoo, or whomever wanted to change the stats...fine. Do it on Tuesday or be done with it.

We can't revisit game decisions forever.

It was a correction made by the Elias Sports Bureau, the official stat provider of the NFL. Yahoo, CBS, NFL had NOTHING to do with it. They just made the scoring change when Elias did.

It was a correction made by the Elias Sports Bureau, the official stat provider of the NFL. Yahoo, CBS, NFL had NOTHING to do with it. They just made the scoring change when Elias did.

You're missing the point. They has to be some time when a final is a final. Four days after is past that time. Should the NFL, pardon me, Elias revisit SB XL and review some of the calls the Hawk fans have cried about ever since? No. There is a point when a game is over. Even week 14...would you be willing to reverse games then because of a stat correction made now? No. And the reason is the same, there is a point when a game is over.

You're missing the point. They has to be some time when a final is a final. Four days after is past that time. Should the NFL, pardon me, Elias revisit SB XL and review some of the calls the Hawk fans have cried about ever since? No. There is a point when a game is over. Even week 14...would you be willing to reverse games then because of a stat correction made now? No. And the reason is the same, there is a point when a game is over.

:overhead:

They can go back and change stats whenever they like thats not an issue to me BUT this game we play called Fantasy Football there needs to be a cut off time.Waiver wires on Tuesday night are based on it. etc. We have it in our consitution that Tuesday 9am ( as CBS says ) its final. To make a change to a fantasy league on thursday a day before the week starts is insane. And as I said its great to get it right but there are changes EVERY thursday and some of those would affect the outcome of games that were close. Since CBS has never made any thursday changes in the past they should not here otherwise they need to revisit every week and make ALL the changes. For Fantasy Football there needs to be a cutoff time so people know where they stand , there waiver wire position and jeez if there in the playoffs or not.