Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

***Official Week 17 Eagles vs. Cowboys thread***

I knew Philly's starting center is out - I did not know his replacement has never actually started a nfl game at center. Is that true? Wow, what a monumental task to have to face Ratliff on first attempt. Luckily, if there is a bright side, is that he should have little problem getting calls off or hearing McNabb. 110,000 people in that place and it's still not the deafening adavantage like they have in Minny or NO.

A hard fought, high scoring game with multiple lead changes.

Romo plays well for 3 quarters, but throws a 4th quarter TD to Asante that leads to the Eagles go ahead TD.

Eagles-34

Dallas-27

Romo apologists will blame a WR.

I'll bump Tony H0mo threads

BluStarOintment and his aliaii will disappear for 3 weeks.

:wave:

Hey, no fair - getting lazy? You just copied and pasted this from your prediction earlier in the year when we played you guys at your place. :overhead:

this should be a GREAT game.

the Cowboys defense is playing $$ right now, and should be able to hurrass Mcnabb. but mcnabb is a crafty vet, we'll see. this game comes down to which QB stays off his back more.

Westy's back, and while he's been out awhile, i never underestimate him. he is as versitile as they come, and will have to be accounted for. the Cowboys CAN run the ball effectively. just gotta stay with it. short yardage scares me.

im lookin for Romo to take care of the ball, as he has been doing. i think this is the year the Cowboys overcome their late season meltdown, and go into the playoffs surging.

Cowboys 27 Eagles 17

I knew Philly's starting center is out - I did not know his replacement has never actually started a nfl game at center. Is that true? Wow, what a monumental task to have to face Ratliff on first attempt. Luckily, if there is a bright side, is that he should have little problem getting calls off or hearing McNabb. 110,000 people in that place and it's still not the deafening adavantage like they have in Minny or NO.

Nick Cole was the starting right guard and does take some reps at Center in practice as the backup. He was a center in college at New Mexico State. So he has experience there but no regular season NFL game experience besides filling in this past Sunday. Max Jean-Gilles will slide in at Guard along with some time seen from Stacey Andrews most likely. Nick Cole is a good offensive lineman though and does know all the blocking schemes very well from starting right next to Jamaal Jackson all season. He isn't being completely thrown in the fire as he has been on the field all season and played Center in college. But obviously Center is a different position for him now. He can't replace Jackson and the stability he brought to the line, but hopefully he can fill in adequately.

Hey, no fair - getting lazy? You just copied and pasted this from your prediction earlier in the year when we played you guys at your place. :cheers:

Was that my prediction earlier? I have no idea.

But I was wrong on that one.

Thankfully I'm only wrong once a year.

:pointstosky:

Here are the predictions given so far:

NewbieJr: Eagles 24-20

Kmbryant09: Cowboys 27-20

Cruzer: Cowboys 24-20

Joey Gladstone: Eagles 28-24

Eagles Green: Eagles 34-27

Sirensong: Cowboys 24-20

watch us all be wrong as the game ends with the first 5-5 tie in NFL history.

Was that my prediction earlier? I have no idea.

I don't remember, but they are all the same - so more than likely similar to this. You usually just throw out some smack, a score, and never really add anything as to why or your thinking. I've said all along Philly is capable of coming into Dallas and winning - but have also laid out why I do not believe they will. Why do you think Philly has a chance this week?

watch us all be wrong as the game ends with the first 5-5 tie in NFL history.

* Dallas is leading the game, 5-3.

* Dallas has the ball on their own 5 yard line.

* 4 seconds left to go in the game.

* Romo botches the kneel down snap!

* Freakish stroke of luck, Flozell Adams whiffs on a leg whip and accidentally kicks the ball out of the back of the endzone.

* Eagles awarded a safety and tie up the game!!!

:overhead:

My 'out of left field' prediction...

Reid shocks the world by finally unveiling all the plays he has for Vick. Turns out he held back so there would be no film to gameplan off of. Vick scores a TD, desean and westy both get a receiving TD from McNabb. Akers kicks two FGs. Game is back and forth and with 1:30 left in regulation, down 27-23, Romo leading the 'Boys down the field until.. Cole flushes him out of the pocket, Asante jumps the pass; pick six. Game over. Final score:

Eagles 34-Cowboys 23.

The iggles fans are really talking some smack on their mb! They are way over confident. A win will shut them up on Sunday...The cowboys have got to get up for this one! They need to take care of business!! And I believe they will!! GO COWBOY'S GO!!

The real question we need to know is do the cowboys have a jail in the new stadium? Alcohol, and iggles fans dont make a good mix............lots of drunk arrests sunday by the Arlington PD.

* Dallas is leading the game, 5-3.

* Dallas has the ball on their own 5 yard line.

* 4 seconds left to go in the game.

* Romo botches the kneel down snap!

* Freakish stroke of luck, Flozell Adams whiffs on a leg whip and accidentally kicks the ball out of the back of the endzone.

* Eagles awarded a safety and tie up the game!!!

:unsure:

My brother is going to that game, lucky bostrd. It is going to be one heck of a game and I think this team is on a mission. They are not going to let anybody stand in their way. Mcflabb better hope is hammy heals quick cause he is going to have to run a lot.

Prediction..........Dallas 34 Eagles 21

the boys defensive line is going to eat philly alive......scrub center, gimpy qb......this has a beatdown written all over it.........

the boys defensive line is going to eat philly alive......scrub center, gimpy qb......this has a beatdown written all over it.........

Ok, I'm not going to lie - you are really starting to make me crack up with some of these things. I don't know who you really are, but you are pretty funny sometimes. :unsure:

Ok, I'm not going to lie - you are really starting to make me crack up with some of these things. I don't know who you really are, but you are pretty funny sometimes. :unsure:

word is big wade is showing the 44-6 footage this week......the boys from big D are eating nails and spitting flames out their a$$ this week in anticipation of divine retribution against the iggles.

I don't remember, but they are all the same - so more than likely similar to this. You usually just throw out some smack, a score, and never really add anything as to why or your thinking. I've said all along Philly is capable of coming into Dallas and winning - but have also laid out why I do not believe they will. Why do you think Philly has a chance this week?

In big games I base the outcome on 3 things:

1. Homefield-edge Dallas

2. QB-edge Philly

3. Coaching Staff-edge Philly

This is a giant game for Romo. I just have no faith in him.

word is big wade is showing the 44-6 footage this week

I call BS.

No way Wade knows how to use the video equipment.

In big games I base the outcome on 3 things:

1. Homefield-edge Dallas

2. QB-edge Philly

3. Coaching Staff-edge Philly

This is a giant game for Romo. I just have no faith in him.

actually dallas has the better qb.......even when healthy romo is better but mcnabb has a hurt hammy this making it a bigger difference.

coaching staff? the same eagles coaches who lost 4 nfc title games and a superbowl........

I CANT WAIT for this game... its gonna be a good one. I mean... as long as andy doesn't abandon the run if it isn't working in the first. I'm not sure who's gonna pull it out (hopefully the birds) but regardless it should be somewhat close.

Oh and BluePimpRomoPsychoyadayadayada... you're a tool! :thumbsdown: :) :overhead: :overhead:

2nd game of the series this decade:

2000 = 16-13 Eagles

2001 = 36-3 Eagles

2002 = 27-3 Eagles

2003 = 36-10 Eagles

2004 = 12-7 Eagles

2005 = 21-20 Cowboys

2006 = 23-7 Eagles

2007 = 10-6 Eagles

2008 = 44-6 Eagles

I'd say that's a trend and it heavily favors the Eagles. Sure, the Cowboys have a chance (see 1 pt win in 2005 in early Nov) but I wouldn't get your hopes up if you're a Cowboys fan, just sayin'...

actually dallas has the better qb.......even when healthy romo is better but mcnabb has a hurt hammy this making it a bigger difference.

coaching staff? the same eagles coaches who lost 4 nfc title games and a superbowl........

Vs. the coach who is 0-4 in playoff games.

Actually, the Cowboys outcoached the Eagles in the first game this season. I just don't like Wade's record when teams have a full year to look at what he does.

As much as i like McNabb as a QB, his accuracy when he throws a heater is all over the place. He's one of the best at the long ball and he certainly has two explosive weapons, but when he tries to gun it into a window on a 15 yard post pattern, it seems like more often than not it lands at the WR's feet or over his head. I think the key is going to prevent the deep passes. If they don't complete any passes (not including YAC) over 25 yards, i think the cowboys will take this game. I just don't see the eagles consistently driving down the field with 15 play drives. Granted, it seems like the eagles are a lock to get at least one 50 yard bomb every game, but the cowboys defense has been on fire.

Also, dallas can not let special teams kill them. Last year their special teams was brutal, but they are much improved this year. But even as they have improved, they have given up some back breaking returns.

Keys to the game in my eyes

Cowboys blitz pick up. The o-line is hurt, adams loves donating to the NFL, and they don't have the power to maul dlines.

Edge- Eagles

Special teams. Can't allow a big return. The chance of desean breaking a long one is almost as good of him not breaking one.

Edge - Even

So how is it that both teams are even on special teams, even though the Eagles have Jackson returning punts? He's the pro bowl return guy for the NFC. How can that not be an advantage? Additionally, Dallas in on their second placekicker of the season. Folk got cut in favor of a guy who couldn't kick in Washington. The Eagles have David Akers, whom I believe was voted to the Pro Bowl.

Care to rethink that one again?

I think Dallas has 2 big advantages in this game that will give them the win.

1. Dallas will shut down the run completely with just their base defense. Not a lot of need for run blitzes expecially with philly losing their center. This will turn philly one dimensional and neutralize their screen game.

2. Dallas has DBs with cover skills. Newman and Jenkins are very solid corners. They will definitly need help over the top, but they will hold their own. They will be given a lot of help by the safetys with philly unable to run the ball. I also like the young safety Sensebaugh. He has been playing very well.

If Dallas can avoid giving up the long pass play, they should win this game.

Jenkins and Newman, I don't think they're very good cover corners. At all.

Dallas will need to double Jackson. If they don't, they lose.

Now where I see the Eagles attacking the Cowboys is in their intermediate routes. With the concern for Jackson, I see he and Maclin running alot of deeper routes. At least one of the safeties will be covering over on Jackson. That should leave the 15-20 yard intermediate routes open for guys like Avant and Celek.

Dallas has very mediocre LBs in coverage. I would look for Weaver/McCoy/Westbrook running alot of routes out of the backfield.

If the Eagles can protect McNabb, I see Reid spreading out the Dallas defense vertically, giving McNabb plenty of underneath space to pick apart the Dallas defense.

He did play center in college, with Cole converting to guard in the NFL. He knows the line calls, and he should be fine.

word is big wade is showing the 44-6 footage this week......the boys from big D are eating nails and spitting flames out their a$$ this week in anticipation of divine retribution against the iggles.

Now if professional football players need to be motivated by looking at tape from last year's game, that's pathetic.

Motivation should be division rivalry, earning your paycheck, and a #2 seed with a first round bye.

:dunno: :wub:

So how is it that both teams are even on special teams, even though the Eagles have Jackson returning punts? He's the pro bowl return guy for the NFC. How can that not be an advantage? Additionally, Dallas in on their second placekicker of the season. Folk got cut in favor of a guy who couldn't kick in Washington. The Eagles have David Akers, whom I believe was voted to the Pro Bowl.

Care to rethink that one again?

I think the Eagles have a slight edge overall in special teams, for the reasons you mention above, but what you don't give Dallas credit for is they have a far better punter and have a designated kicker for kickoffs who gets lots of touchbacks. When I have seen Dallas play their coverage teams have generally been excellent (except for the punt return against the Giants). The Eagles coverage teams have gotten very good over the course of the season. A big key will be if Demps can return kickoffs. Macho Harris scares the bejesus out of me.

Now if professional football players need to be motivated by looking at tape from last year's game, that's pathetic.

Motivation should be division rivalry, earning your paycheck, and a #2 seed with a first round bye.

Ha, yea - but we have Waaaaaddddddeeeee! :wub:

I think the Eagles have a slight edge overall in special teams, for the reasons you mention above, but what you don't give Dallas credit for is they have a far better punter and have a designated kicker for kickoffs who gets lots of touchbacks. When I have seen Dallas play their coverage teams have generally been excellent (except for the punt return against the Giants). The Eagles coverage teams have gotten very good over the course of the season. A big key will be if Demps can return kickoffs. Macho Harris scares the bejesus out of me.

Placekickers put points on the board, and Suisham blows. Akers is far and away better.

Macho Harris scares me, too. But the Eagles have been starting with good field position all season long, thanks to the return game.

Jackson's a special talent. It really doesn't matter if they can cover or not. It's his ability to break one at anytime that changes how a punter kicks. It happened last week, and the Eagles wound up with great field position on every punt.

With that said, I think the Eagles have a decided advantage on special teams, especially if they decide to kick away from Jackson.

2nd game of the series this decade:

2000 = 16-13 Eagles

2001 = 36-3 Eagles

2002 = 27-3 Eagles

2003 = 36-10 Eagles

2004 = 12-7 Eagles

2005 = 21-20 Cowboys

2006 = 23-7 Eagles

2007 = 10-6 Eagles

2008 = 44-6 Eagles

I'd say that's a trend and it heavily favors the Eagles. Sure, the Cowboys have a chance (see 1 pt win in 2005 in early Nov) but I wouldn't get your hopes up if you're a Cowboys fan, just sayin'...

eah of course dallas is better now and what about that hurt hammy for mcvomit and the scrub center

oh lord.........dallas is mad and ready/////payback is coming..........

Jenkins and Newman, I don't think they're very good cover corners. At all.

Dallas will need to double Jackson. If they don't, they lose.

Now where I see the Eagles attacking the Cowboys is in their intermediate routes. With the concern for Jackson, I see he and Maclin running alot of deeper routes. At least one of the safeties will be covering over on Jackson. That should leave the 15-20 yard intermediate routes open for guys like Avant and Celek.

Dallas has very mediocre LBs in coverage. I would look for Weaver/McCoy/Westbrook running alot of routes out of the backfield.

If the Eagles can protect McNabb, I see Reid spreading out the Dallas defense vertically, giving McNabb plenty of underneath space to pick apart the Dallas defense.

The Eagles know if they lose than that's it, because it's no way in Hell they can win a playoff game in Big D! Man the stakes are so high for this game because the winner get's an easy path to the SB. Can't wait!!

Eagles haven't beaten anyone good.

Saints

Cowboys

Chargers

We all know one of these teams will reach the Super Bowl.

With that said, we'll not only sweep the E-gals this year, but we'll be sportin' a nice new banner in Jerry's World "Dallas Cowboys 2009 Divison Champs"....and just maybe two more.

The Eagles know if they lose than that's it, because it's no way in Hell they can win a playoff game in Big D! Man the stakes are so high for this game because the winner get's an easy path to the SB. Can't wait!!

Eagles beat the Giants last year, in Giants stadium, to make the playoffs, then came back a few weeks later and beat them again in a playoff game.

And when is the last time Dallas beat an NFC East opponent three times in one season? Hint: is hasn't happened in the past twelve seasons. :dunno:

The last time the Cowboys faced an opponent three times was 1998 and they beat Arizona in both regular season matchups, that was when 'Zona was in the NFC East.

But when the Cowboys faced 'Zona in the postseason, they lost 20-7 in the NFC wild card game at home.

The last time the Cowboys faced an opponent three times was 1998 and they beat Arizona in both regular season matchups, that was when 'Zona was in the NFC East.

But when the Cowboys faced 'Zona in the postseason, they lost 20-7 in the NFC wild card game at home.

I seem to remember dallas facing the Giants three times not too long ago.......man..........you dont know football :dunno:

dallas also won 2 of three and would have won all three if crayton didnt fock up

I seem to remember dallas facing the Giants three times not too long ago.......man..........you dont know football :thumbsup:

dallas also won 2 of three and would have won all three if crayton didnt fock up

Hey dipsh!t, Dallas only plays the Giants twice in one season, three times if they face each other in the post-season. If they did in fact face the Giants 3 times (game three would be in the post-season), that means they haven't beaten them three times, at least in the past twelve seasons.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Crayton sucks, they lost. Coulda shoulda woulda.