Sign in to follow this  
singman2

2010 Draft Commentary

Welcome back to football season everyone!!

After seeing the schedule come out yesterday I am already excited about next season. Already planning a trip to KC for our opening week monday nighter against the Chargers!!! Can't wait to watch the draft this week, and then kick off some fantasy drafts.

As far as keepers go I am officially keeping V. Jackson as my 6th round pick and R. Meachem as my 19th round pick. What other players are being kept?

Welcome back to football season everyone!!

After seeing the schedule come out yesterday I am already excited about next season. Already planning a trip to KC for our opening week monday nighter against the Chargers!!! Can't wait to watch the draft this week, and then kick off some fantasy drafts.

As far as keepers go I am officially keeping V. Jackson as my 6th round pick and R. Meachem as my 19th round pick. What other players are being kept?

Let you dad know to contact me when you get a chance. I have been trying to get a hold of him for a bit.

Do not forget, we start drafting Monday on FFtoday. Shox dropped out so I replaced him with my brother in law. His user name is Mathemeatloaf. As co-commish Shane will oversee all trades between my BIL and me. I don't anticipate any trades between our teams though as he is afraid of me screwing him over :dunno:

I still need league fees from Mad Brad, Attack Mode, Rhinos Revenge and Devastation

I still need keepers from MTskibum, Attack Mode and Devastation. You have until Sunday.

Keepers will be announced Sunday night.

Guess I'll start................

Ryan Matthews was a bit of a surprise, but could end up being an excellent pick. Will get 300 touches assuming good health. Always leary of the unknown this early but it could pay off huge.

Fitz at 1.9 was a no-brainer for me. I know Warner is gone, but he'll get his. I don't think Leinart sucks as bad as people think, but I've been wrong before.................

I'm suprised I picked Ryan Mathews as well. Top running backs were off the board and I decided I needed to take the risk as in my opinion his upside is the only thing that can compete with the Running Backs already on teams and I don't see that upside from any other running back available based on talent and situations. The combination of San Diego trading up to get him, Norv Turners opinion of him and the huge hole he fills for the Chargers as the #1 RB, made the decision for me. Plus his production in college last year was very impressive.

I decided to take the best available here at the turn.

Randy Moss was the #2 scoring wideout (#15 overall) in this system last year.

Tony Romo was the #7 scoring QB (#8 overall) in this system, but he's the last elite one because so many were kept.

I decided to take the best available here at the turn.

Randy Moss was the #2 scoring wideout (#15 overall) in this system last year.

Tony Romo was the #7 scoring QB (#8 overall) in this system, but he's the last elite one because so many were kept.

Agree with Romo being the last of the elite. I was looking at him on the term, but it wasn't to be.

I would have preferred to get Fitz back, but Calvin Johnson is a nice consolation prize. I like Moreno being "the man" for denver this season, i believe he has a fair bit of upside.

Fitz and Wayne. Pretty happy there..............

here's some commentary for ya.....

Who doesn't keep Chris Johnson???

:doh: :mad: :cry: :nono: B)

Chris Johnson was owned by Shox who traded away his 1st round pick. He could not be kept.

Chris Johnson was owned by Shox who traded away his 1st round pick. He could not be kept.

So was that why he quit the league... Because he lost his best player and had no round 1 pick???

ps. I really like what I have done so far... B) and I haven't screwed it up yet...

The middle of the 3rd starts to get into the more difficult picks... obvious guys are gone and while there are still some players out there that could be studs I have a feeling a couple guys taken around this area could be flops as well. Just praying one of my guys falls to the end of the 4th!

so shox gives his boy CJIII before he leaves -- how nice

so shox gives his boy CJIII before he leaves -- how nice

Why are you bringing up the trade again? Your killing me Moz. You know Shox as well as I do and know he isn't like that. :thumbsdown:

I selected Gates and Ocho Cinco, two vets who I know will give me reliable top-end points week-in and week-out.

It really is slim pickings now.

I think my team is already better than the one that I fielded last year. EDIT: No, probably not. But it's hard to compete with AJ, Marshall, and Austin...

I selected Gates and Ocho Cinco, two vets who I know will give me reliable top-end points week-in and week-out.

I think my team is already better than the one that I fielded last year.

I had my eye on #85... Damn...

I think my team is already better than the one that I fielded last year. EDIT: No, probably not. But it's hard to compete with AJ, Marshall, and Austin...

Both great picks. Your team is stacked. I already have no chance. :thumbsdown:

Ochocinco? he's a dime a dozen! there are other WRs out there good for 70 & 1,000.... at least, hopefully.... cos thru 4 I've got a stable of RBs and Rodgers.

:thumbsup:

Ochocinco? he's a dime a dozen! there are other WRs out there good for 70 & 1,000.... at least, hopefully.... cos thru 4 I've got a stable of RBs and Rodgers.

:thumbsup:

Are you serious ??? Who are you in love with at this point in the draft at WR... Donald "aarp" Driver??? Chad OC was certainly one of the best wr's on the board at this point in the draft IMO... TW

Why are you bringing up the trade again? Your killing me Moz. You know Shox as well as I do and know he isn't like that. :thumbsup:

it could be the morphine drip - which rocks BTW ( I am in the hospital right now with pnemonia fella's ) Thats the first I realized it - and yeah it seems pretty damn shady of a trade and deal. I know shox and he usually is on the up n up or you KNOW ME I would of been MUCH more agressive here. I think it was was just a case of coincidense but anyone that doesn't think on the surface it looks fishy as hell :unsure:

also getting Welker at late 3rd was nice

can we get a post with players taken please would be huge help

also getting Welker at late 3rd was nice

can we get a post with players taken please would be huge help

Hey Moz, you're up,..who's your pick?

Stewart

Benson

Addai

Fitz

Wayne

Solid but far from sexy................ :thumbsup:

tough pick when my tottally stoned brain realized I was up my haid almost sploded at tghe tough choices I set to take Ryan Mathews :thumbsup:

Stewart

Benson

Addai

Fitz

Wayne

Solid but far from sexy................ :thumbsup:

Brees

S. Jackson

W. Welker

G. Jennings

liking it so far then again maybe iot sthe morphine

Brees

S. Jackson

W. Welker

G. Jennings

liking it so far then again maybe iot sthe morphine

Yeah, except for Jennings was picked in the 2nd round. Surprised you took Welker before him.......... :thumbsup:

I would like to boast about my team of ray rice, shonn greene, michael turner, marques colston ,and sidney rice at this time

Domination..and I still have all of my picks until 10th round...

was going to take Forte - but he just hasn't impressed - also though long about Brown but with the ageless rasta and the dreaded lis franc injury not sure he come back close to 100%

I went with the guy that IMO had huge upside and yes I am well aware even doped up it was a reach.

was going to take Forte - but he just hasn't impressed - also though long about Brown but with the ageless rasta and the dreaded lis franc injury not sure he come back close to 100%

I went with the guy that IMO had huge upside and yes I am well aware even doped up it was a reach.

I didn't really like Forte just because it's not my style to take a player like him, but his production including receptions his rookie year and even in an off year last year, is undeniable, plus I needed a RB2. Very happy to grab him here.

Shoot, I'll take M. Crabtree and you can have the next pick of the draft... If you'd like to trade, I'll take back Mr. Crabs for the next pick... Besides.... CJ Spiller > M. Forte > R. Brown

ps. I was going to take Crabs at 4:8...

Shoot, I'll take M. Crabtree and you can have the next pick of the draft... If you'd like to trade, I'll take back Mr. Crabs for the next pick... Besides.... CJ Spiller > M. Forte > R. Brown

ps. I was going to take Crabs at 4:8...

I like the Dez pick but did not have the guts to pull the trigger myself. Nice pick Brad

I like the Dez pick but did not have the guts to pull the trigger myself. Nice pick Brad

Thanks... We will see on Bryant... Possibly a very risky move as wr1 picked, but it's getting thin out there at WR, just like last year... I wasn't sure he'd be there in 9 more picks... So why not...

I took Crabtree at about the same spot last year and "the holdout" killed me in this league in 2009... Drafting Plaxico in the 8th or 9th didn't help either... LOL

i will try and sift through what players haven't been picked yet and make a selection

Gonzo and Ward. Both have been discounted because of their age, but both stay in excellent condition and had very good seasons in 2009. I got a little extra discount on Ward because of Roth but he's probably only out four games and Ward will get his.

Gonzo had 83 catches in a new offense. I expect a top five finish from him this year.