Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Who is the best fantasy qb for the next few years

This is in a Dynasty League. We do not lose points for INT's. Who is the best QB to own for the next few years.

Carson Palmer (has a lot of weapons now)

Kevin Kolb (could be a fantasy superstar in that offense)

Sam Bradford (will take a couple years, but could be darn good)

Jimmy Clausen (threw his name in here because he is available)

I am set at the QB position but always like to carry 2 decent QB's in case one goes down.

Palmer this year, with Kolb having an outside chance of catching up over the next few years. If the Bengals had any other offensive coordinator, it would be a no brainer in his favor.

Yes I'm an Eagles fan, but not necessarily a huge Kevin Kolb fan. I'm taking a wait and see approach on him.

But out of this group, I think he is the clear cut answer. Ever since the injury, Carson Palmer has been lacking in both accuracy and arm strength. He isn't the same QB that came out of college. His upside, in my opinion, is something similar to this past season (3000+ yards and 20+ TD's), which isn't a bad year.

Kevin Kolb on the other hand has MUCH higher upside, and I would say should be at least similar this upcoming season (especially in a league that doesn't lose points for interceptions). The Eagles will obviously throw the ball a lot. They do anyway but their defense is still very weak, and they are going to need to score a lot of points. Kolb also has possibly the most explosive WR combo in the NFL in Jackson and Maclin. He also has a very good pass catching TE in Brent Celek, as well as a good young pass catching RB in McCoy. Throw in a good 3rd down WR like Avant, and this offensive could be VERY explosive. I think Kolb should be good for the 3000+ yards and 20 TD's this season (similar to Palmer), with upside of 3500+ yards and 25+ TD's in the future.

Yes I'm an Eagles fan, but not necessarily a huge Kevin Kolb fan. I'm taking a wait and see approach on him.

But out of this group, I think he is the clear cut answer. Ever since the injury, Carson Palmer has been lacking in both accuracy and arm strength. He isn't the same QB that came out of college. His upside, in my opinion, is something similar to this past season (3000+ yards and 20+ TD's), which isn't a bad year.

Kevin Kolb on the other hand has MUCH higher upside, and I would say should be at least similar this upcoming season (especially in a league that doesn't lose points for interceptions). The Eagles will obviously throw the ball a lot. They do anyway but their defense is still very weak, and they are going to need to score a lot of points. Kolb also has possibly the most explosive WR combo in the NFL in Jackson and Maclin. He also has a very good pass catching TE in Brent Celek, as well as a good young pass catching RB in McCoy. Throw in a good 3rd down WR like Avant, and this offensive could be VERY explosive. I think Kolb should be good for the 3000+ yards and 20 TD's this season (similar to Palmer), with upside of 3500+ yards and 25+ TD's in the future.

Agreed for the most part. I do think their defense was pretty good last yr. Maybe i am just biased bc i had them on my fantasy team

Bradford.

He already has some star power in SJAX.

the offensive line is getting better...

I like their conglomertion of wide out talent...

and spangola is a good coach.

I think bradford is going to be money

Agreed for the most part. I do think their defense was pretty good last yr. Maybe i am just biased bc i had them on my fantasy team

The Eagles defense is a good fantasy defense because they create turnovers and get sacks. Guys like Asante Samuel are boom or bust players where he will get 9 interceptions on the season, and return one or two for scores, but then get beat for TD's because he is gambling all the time.

But in real life, the Eagles had only the 17th ranked pass defense in the NFL, and gave up the 8th most passing TD's in the NFL. They were 19th in the NFL in scoring defense. This was when they had Sheldon Brown at starting corner, now they are relying on Ellis Hobbs returning from injury. This is not what you want to see from a team that was in the playoffs last year.

Kolb and it's not even close, IMO.

DeSean, Maclin and McCoy are all proven receiving threats and all entering their prime. Also, Reid has run the same offense for years and won't all of the sudden move to run based scheme.

I think of the 4 guys you listed, Clausen is the easiest one to put at the bottom. Even if he ends up winning the job in the next couple of years, the Panthers are built to be run heavy behind Deangelo and Stewart. Even if you have high hopes for Clausen, can you reasonably expect anything more than Delhomme at his best? And Delhomme was rarely a great fantasy option...That leaves Palmer, Bradford and Kolb...

Of these three, I see Palmer as the next lowest ranked in a dynasty format. Last season, the Bengals found an identity on offense that worked and that was power running and passing when needed. I don't see them getting away from that in the next couple of years, meaning that Palmer will likely be a better NFL quarterback than he is a fantasy Qb. That leaves Bradford and Kolb.

I think that the difference between these two comes down to supporting cast. Maclin, Celek, McCoy and Desean Jackson are all young, talented and poised to improve. Kolb has had time to watch and learn and has the weapons to do damage both this year and beyond. Bradford may be more like three or four years away, at which point the Rams have likely added more receiving talent around him.

Short answer: Kolb

The Eagles defense is a good fantasy defense

Especially true if you play in a league where you got the special teams TD's from DJax.

As for real world... I'd say they're average. By no means are they the best but also by no means the worse.