Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2010 Cheatsheet Compiler / Draft Buddy

:dunno:

This will be year number 10 for the FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

For those that don't know, the Compiler creates customized cheatsheets for your league using your scoring system while Draft Buddy tracks your fantasy football draft. These are Excel-based programs and thus require a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function. The benefit of Excel is the Compiler and Buddy are both Windows and Mac compatible, however note the Compiler and Buddy do not work with Mac Office 2008.

If you've already purchased the CC/DB....

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Click the "setup" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

4. Enjoy!

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here Please make sure you are logged in with your FF Today Account BEFORE you make your purchase. It will make the purchase process much easier for you.

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Compiler/Draft Buddy, please send a note to login@fftoday.com and we will assist you ASAP.

Product Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send an email to compiler@fftoday.com if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

As we've done in the past our Early Bird Price is $12.95 through July 31st ($16.95 after). Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/10) and give you a free entry into our $5000 CC/DB Survivor Contest.

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates. Unscheduled updates may occur but will post them if here if that happens...

6/7 - Initial release

6/23 - Done

7/6 - Done

7/22 - Done

7/29 - Done

8/5 - Done

8/12 - Done

8/17 - Unscheduled update: Done

8/19 - Done

8/26 - Done

8/28 - Unscheduled update: Done

9/2 - Done

9/3 - Unscheduled update: Done

9/7 - DONE!

Remember, you don't need to download a new copy of the CC/DB just for the projection updates. Simply

1. Open the Compiler

2. Go to "setup" tab

Viola! All the numbers, depth charts, adp data, etc. will be updated.

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

Cheers!

MK & MM

Projections, Depth Charts, ADP updated as of 6/23. Click the "Update Projections" button in side the Compiler to get the latest data.

:headbanger:

I love the projections across the board this year. :thumbsup:

:ninja:

trying not to suck up, but likely failing. :bandana:

7/5 (or 7/6) update is UP!

Not a lot of changes. Just enough though.

You know what to do... open the Compiler, setup tab, hit Update Projections, go get a coffee/beer/beverage of your choosing, return and ta-da, you're all set. Enjoy!

7/22 update is UP! - Updated projections, ADP and depth charts.

Some big movement too. Rodgers overtakes Brees and Peterson overtakes Johnson. Have at it!

Hey Mike,

I'm considering buying the compiler/draft buddy and I downloaded the demo and It won't let me open the draft buddy. It's saying the file is to large. Any suggestions? I have a mac.

thanks

Hey Mike,

I'm considering buying the compiler/draft buddy and I downloaded the demo and It won't let me open the draft buddy. It's saying the file is to large. Any suggestions? I have a mac.

thanks

Hi desertfire. What version of Excel do you have for your Mac? Not sure why the file size would be a restriction honestly. There are two files inside the download file. I take it you weren't able to open either the Compiler or Buddy (demos)? Or was it just Buddy that was the problem?

Hi desertfire. What version of Excel do you have for your Mac? Not sure why the file size would be a restriction honestly. There are two files inside the download file. I take it you weren't able to open either the Compiler or Buddy (demos)? Or was it just Buddy that was the problem?

Just the buddy was the problem. I could open the compiler. I have number for mac which is typically compatible with excel. I had no problem with the other file, just the draft buddy file.

Thanks

7/29 update is now available. Open your copy of the Compiler and hit Update Projections for new projections, ADP and depth charts.

Also note the Team DEF bye week issue I just noticed in Draft Buddy. You can download a new copy of Buddy if you like, or better yet follow these simple steps:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=366391

Hey Mike,

If I remember correctly last year there were some tutorial videos up for using projection pal and the compiler. I was wondering if they are posted somewhere else on the site? I seen your videos for the Draftbuddy for fantasy baseball on youtube, but did not see any for fantasy football compiler.

Hey Mike,

If I remember correctly last year there were some tutorial videos up for using projection pal and the compiler. I was wondering if they are posted somewhere else on the site? I seen your videos for the Draftbuddy for fantasy baseball on youtube, but did not see any for fantasy football compiler.

Hi Bhuge. For football, we still have the same screencasts as last year. You can find the links to them from this page:

http://fftoday.com/compiler/hg_started.htm

I did create new baseball ones this year but haven't had time to do similar for football. They take a long time - more than you'd think for the amateur production. The Projection Pal one for baseball is actually just as helpful for football. All of the concepts are the same.

http://www.youtube.com/MikeMacGregor

Mike, I am having issues inputting data from the projection pal to the compiler. The they are both in the original spot they were downloaded. They did not unzip on download, but have been unzipped since. I keep getting a run time error saying it is not in the same directory. The files have not been renamed. Any ideas? It has been driving me crazy for the better half of two days.

Mike, I am having issues inputting data from the projection pal to the compiler. The they are both in the original spot they were downloaded. They did not unzip on download, but have been unzipped since. I keep getting a run time error saying it is not in the same directory. The files have not been renamed. Any ideas? It has been driving me crazy for the better half of two days.

Sorry to hear that, you should have said something sooner. First, check the filename matches on the setup tab in Pal to your Compiler filename. Depending when you downloaded, Pal might say Compiler file version 1.0, but we since changed it to 1.1. That might be an issue.

Second idea, with Pal open in Excel, choose File > Open and open the Compiler file, so they are both open at the same time. Note you should open from Excel, not double-click the file from Windows Explorer or the Desktop, since that may open a separate instance of Excel. Now try Copy to Compiler.

Are there Dynasty rankings? When I Import Alternate Rankings for Dynasty they go blank. The Re-Draft and Re-draft ppr work when I import them.

Hi Glenjammin. We don't have dynasty rankings this year. We did it on a trial basis last year and not many people indicated they used the dynasty rankings. The feature is still there in Buddy which is what you are seeing. The more people who tell us they want them, we'll bring them back.

I think best bet to customize your rankings for a dynasty league is to start with the redraft rankings, and then in Buddy on the offense tab move players up and down more for dynasty value. You can even type over players you would have no interest in drafting, with other players who are better long-term prospects. Then re-rank appropriately. Try to match up the name exactly with how it is in the Compiler.

8/12 update is now up and ready to roll.

I also uploaded a new version of the Compiler (1.2) to the download directory. Not major changes, so you can pretty much decide if you want to download the new version or just stick with your current one. Here is the summary of changes to this version:

- Fixed issue with prior year stats for team defense.

- Added ability for custom fields to hold non-numerical data without causing problems for the projected fantasy point calculations.

- Added Weeks 15-16 fantasy playoff schedule for all QB, RB, WR and TE to the Custom 1 field.

We'll explain these in more detail in the next CC/DB Insider newsletter, due out later today.

Just posted an unscheduled projections update. We did it for the Ben Tate injury, moving up Arian Foster and Steve Slaton. We did it for the Glen Coffee retirement and Brian Westbrook signing by the Niners. We did it for Torry Holt going on IR, with a slight bump up to Welker and Edelman.

Open the Compiler and hit Update Projections. We'll still be back on Thursday with the regularly scheduled full update.

8/26 Update is ready! Some minor tweaks here and there along with the shifting of the MIN receivers.

If you've already purchased the CC/DB....

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Click the "setup" tab

4. Enjoy!

MM & MK

Hey Mike,

A Few years ago, you were working on a companion piece for CC/DB and I think it was called Trade Buddy. This spreadsheet allowed you to evaluate possible trades before or during the season. Is this something that is still on the drawing boards?

Thanks

Vetman

Hi Vetman. Good memory. There was a draft (as in beta) Trade Buddy program at one point. It wasn't coming together as well as I would have liked, so I shelved it and haven't gone back to it for some time. I think if I was going to do it at this point it would be an online tool, and one where you didn't need to keep inputting all the transaction changes for your league if possible. The other stumbling block was us keeping up with "rest of the way" rankings through the season.

So, a lot of things need to come together, but hopefully it makes a re-appearance some day.

Hi Vetman. Good memory. There was a draft (as in beta) Trade Buddy program at one point. It wasn't coming together as well as I would have liked, so I shelved it and haven't gone back to it for some time. I think if I was going to do it at this point it would be an online tool, and one where you didn't need to keep inputting all the transaction changes for your league if possible. The other stumbling block was us keeping up with "rest of the way" rankings through the season.

So, a lot of things need to come together, but hopefully it makes a re-appearance some day.

Thanks Mike, at my age I don't normally get many compliments on my memory!

I really liked what I saw in the beta version of Trade Buddy. I thought it had a ton of potential. Hopefully it will work its way back to the top of the priority list.

Thanks again.

Vetman

We did another unschedule update after last night's games, posted this morning a few minutes ago.

Donnie Avery is out, the Cards QBs are closer in the projections, the player notes were completely overhauled, plus updated ADP info.

1. Open the Compiler, hit Update Projections.

2. Open Draft Buddy (for the active league in the Compiler if you set up Buddy previously), and hit Setup Draft Buddy*.

* Leagues with keepers, draft pick trades, picks already input uncheck the "Clear Keepers and Draft Picks" option before running Setup again.

9/2 update is UP!

Who's drafting Labor Day weekend? I'm up next Monday night in the NFFC Online Championship, 9th pick.

Only one final update to go and then it is... time... for... FOOTBALL! :pointstosky:

Yet another unscheduled update for those drafting tonight and through the weekend.

We just dropped Hardesty, bumped up Harrison and Hillis, dropped Leftwich, bumped up Dixon and Batch, and dropped LenDale (please tell me none of you were drafting him anyway...)

Oh, and Neil Rackers locked down the Texans kicking job, but Krueger had that pegged all along. No real change there.

Good luck!

Last update is DONE! Another pre-season in the books. If you are still drafting, good luck and enjoy the games on Thursday and this weekend!

Thanks for everyone for another great Compiler season.