Sign in to follow this  
MFFL Champ

Offseason news about league players

I'd like to start this segment off by saying SINGMAN - BAD NEWS

your running back corps just took a hit

LENDALE WHITE - about to be released and about to be suspended.

talk about a bolt of lightning out of nowhere. Nobody saw this one coming.

On a positive note

HELLO JUSTIN FORSETT - who owns him? Oh yea, ME ME ME :banana:

:banana: pimp your player thread

Jabar Gaffney and Eddie Royal are the Broncos' starting receivers, according to the Colorado Springs Gazette's Frank Schwab.

Rookie Demaryius Thomas is the "overwhelming favorite" to be third receiver, but that's not written in stone with his slow recovery from foot surgery. It was Gaffney, not Royal, who blew up for 21 catches for 282 yards in the final two games last season. The Broncos receivers will lack consistency, but Gaffney is shaping up as a nice late-round flier in redraft leagues.Source: Colorado Springs Gazette

:banana: pimp your player thread

Jabar Gaffney and Eddie Royal are the Broncos' starting receivers, according to the Colorado Springs Gazette's Frank Schwab.

Rookie Demaryius Thomas is the "overwhelming favorite" to be third receiver, but that's not written in stone with his slow recovery from foot surgery. It was Gaffney, not Royal, who blew up for 21 catches for 282 yards in the final two games last season. The Broncos receivers will lack consistency, but Gaffney is shaping up as a nice late-round flier in redraft leagues.Source: Colorado Springs Gazette

:banana:

he's my #4 ugh

Then you have a guy like Josh Cribbs, he presents different problems. Now you put Josh Cribbs and Seneca in the game together, they can present different problems.”

:overhead:

According to Lions beat writer Tom Kowalski, coach Jim Schwartz intends to give Jahvid Best a full workload as the team's starting running back despite concerns about Best's size and durability.

Schwartz will model Best's usage on mentor Jeff Fisher's heavy reliance on Chris Johnson in Tennessee, which is phenomenal news for Best's fantasy value. While he may be a boom-or-bust pick, Best's upside will be similar to Steve Slaton's as a rookie (1,659 total yards, 10 all-purpose scores, No. 6 overall fantasy RB), and Best is already a better play-maker than Slaton.Source: MLive.com

Coach Eric Mangini heaped more praise on Montario Hardesty, as the rookie handled the bulk of the first-team reps Thursday.

"He has had a really outstanding camp," Mangini said. "For a young guy, he makes very few mistakes. His level of maturity is one of the highest that I've been around ... And that's going to give him the best chance to not only play, but to play a lot if he continues." We're not trying to over-emphasize the depth-chart switch because this was Jerome Harrison's first offseason practice open to the media. Still, it's obvious that Mangini envisions a significant role for Hardesty.Source: Scout.com

:headbanger:

According to NFL.com's Steve Wyche, the Bucs "have big plans" for rookie wide receiver Mike Williams.

Wyche attended the Bucs' recent round of OTAs, and notes that Williams is "the more vertical threat" in comparison to second-round pick Arrelious Benn. At this point, we're beginning to like Williams' fantasy prospects for 2010 and beyond better than those of Benn. Williams is a superior natural talent. Jun. 7 - 3:05 pm et

Rotoworld.com

:doublethumbsup:

The Vincent Jackson situation looks like it could get real ugly. :mad:

So lets talk deal. I could use a WR #1

According to NFL.com's Steve Wyche, the Bucs "have big plans" for rookie wide receiver Mike Williams.

Wyche attended the Bucs' recent round of OTAs, and notes that Williams is "the more vertical threat" in comparison to second-round pick Arrelious Benn. At this point, we're beginning to like Williams' fantasy prospects for 2010 and beyond better than those of Benn. Williams is a superior natural talent. Jun. 7 - 3:05 pm et

Rotoworld.com

:unsure:

I mentioned when u took him that i liked him. Really thought he would be more under the radar in redraft. I have him on half my dynasty teams this year

I mentioned when u took him that i liked him. Really thought he would be more under the radar in redraft. I have him on half my dynasty teams this year

I remember you saying that you liked him.

I even read a quote from Benn saying Williams is getting more balls thrown to him in practice then he (Benn) is. Also, the Bucaneers had Mike Williams rated the #2 overall WR in this draft (likely ahead of Benn who they drafted before M. Williams only b/c they felt they could get Williams later in the draft which they did at #101 I believe).

I think Dez Bryant is going too high in redrafts though. I don't even know if he will beat out Roy Williams. I don't think he will personally and I know I'm in the minority on that opinion.

I think Dez Bryant is going too high in redrafts though. I don't even know if he will beat out Roy Williams. I don't think he will personally and I know I'm in the minority on that opinion.

Because we weren't even 15 minutes into the practice when rookie Dez Bryant, the guy indirectly in the middle of all of this, comes up with a tight hamstring. He walks himself over to the team trainer, who promptly tells him to sit out the rest of the day in hopes he'll be ready for Wednesday's practice. And if we're scoring at home, that's a sprained ankle, a hip pointer, a stomach virus and now a tight hamstring in the five weeks or so since he was drafted.

-dallascowboys.com

i like Dez. Think he will be worth his redraft ADP

Don't you like almost every rookie or any young player with big potential for their ADP?

Don't you like almost every rookie or any young player with big potential for their ADP?

:pointstosky:

how many years has LBH been on Calvin's jock? Potential != success

:pointstosky:

Yep, Calvin's underperformed every year compared to his ADP.

well i play in 1 redraft this year, and 9 dynasty leagues. That should tell you what im all about :doublethumbsup:

:doublethumbsup:

lol, im riding his jock again this year but figured id be ok without him in 1 league

well i play in 1 redraft this year, and 9 dynasty leagues. That should tell you what im all about :doublethumbsup:

Unable to adjust accordingly for this one redraft league, I guess. j/k :mad:

Unable to adjust accordingly for this one redraft league, I guess. j/k :doublethumbsup:

yeah maybe not. I always lean toward a dynasty mind set even in redraft out of habit. The younger players that havent hit their potential yet always make me more excited than the steady vets and it burns me some but i like taking the risk

no he wasnt because he was right with the exception of the year listed

pretty sure he was but who knows.

:rolleyes: :wave: :sleep:

I think I found my #3 WR

(RotoWire) Floyd should should see a lot more action this season, as it appears likely that Vincent Jackson will not report to the Chargers until after Week 10, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports. Analysis: Floyd immediately becomes the top receiver in San Diego and receives a huge boost in value. Philip Rivers already knows and likes Floyd's size and hands, so the sky is the limit for how well Floyd might be able to perform as the top dog. At the end of last season, when Jackson was held out of the season finale for precautionary reasons, Floyd responded with a career high 140 yards on nine receptions

Lendale White's exit helps Forsett

VJ - - not even sure what is going on here - - - but I'll take it!

2 lucky breaks so far for the Strapper.

Now all I need is for TO to find a home.

Nothing like Chad OchoCinco being on your team

I just need everybody to trust in me like birth control. You know, because I'm always going to be there for you 99.9 percent of the time.

(Rotoworld) There's no need to worry about Miles Austin being a "one-year wonder," according to the Dallas Morning News' Todd Archer. Analysis: Austin grew more and more "unstoppable" as practices went on this spring. His playmaking ability is undeniable, and his after-the-catch skills will be highlighted as he moves to the slot in three-receiver sets. We have him ranked as a top-five fantasy receiver this year.

yeah, those hometown reporters are always so objective... Just ask the CAR reporters how great Brandon LaFell or Armanti Edwards look...

yeah, those hometown reporters are always so objective... Just ask the CAR reporters how great Brandon LaFell or Armanti Edwards look...

S. Smith Carolina -- broken arm. LaFell will have a shot to do something I think

S. Smith Carolina -- broken arm. LaFell will have a shot to do something I think

AGAIN - this guy needs to be put in a bubble offseason. He's beginning to develop quite a history of injuries.

Who has Cedric Benson? :bandana:

man, ahill's team is looking mighty short on RBs these days:

M Turner, Benson, LMaroney, JJones, KSmith, LT...

man, ahill's team is looking mighty short on RBs these days:

M Turner, Benson, LMaroney, JJones, KSmith, LT...

on a positive note...I read where Turner is in great shape

on a not so positive note - - in a ppr league turner will haul in 4 of those over 16 games

(Rotoworld) RB Justin Forsett has become an "instant Pete Carroll favorite", writes Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times. Analysis: Although Julius Jones and Forsett have both been working with the first team, Forsett (5.4 YPC) was much more explosive than Jones (3.7 YPC) in 2009, has fewer miles on his engine, and his superior receiving ability brings more to the table in PPR leagues. If the Seahawks can improve on last year's 26th-ranked rushing attack, Forsett could flourish as an intriguing RB3

:banana:

That's Moz's department - I have officially/purposely forgotten his pass word. Is he out of the hospital yet?

and what type of leaf is that for your avatar? Close, but not quite :ninja:

That's why I went with the green haze avatar :ninja:

Jocstrap, your avatar is pretty good and the haze makes sense.

I found you guys' favorit leaf: http://prospect.rsc.org/blogs/cw/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/marijuana-leaf.jpg

Kutulu's looks sort of like a birch leaf: http://imfc.cfl.scf.rncan.gc.ca/images/arbreshotes/feuillus/bouleau03_g.jpg - I wonder what smoking that type leaf would do?

a great big headache :banana:

I already knew this but confirmation from the head coach and it's good new for my team.

Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has grown every year that he's been in the league as a third-down back, according to head coach Brad Childress on SIRIUS NFL Radio. "I think you'll see him more on third downs this year," Childress said.

2010-07-29 14:07:11

KFFL