Sign in to follow this  
Raider 84

Players not to pass on this season

I believe these players will be GREAT value picks according to where they will be selected.

J. Charles - This kid is slipping to the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He is going to continue where he left off. Sure T. Jones will steal some goal line carries, but Charles is the real deal, and then look at his schedule. How can he not continue to tear it up.

H. Nicks- Nicks is a big play wr, and should get more red zone looks. He will take over as Eli's #1 wr. Smith might get more receptions, but Nicks will get the TDs.

J. Stewart- This guy would be a top 5 pick if Williams was gone. He is going on average in the 3rd round. He is lock for 1000 yards and 10+ Tds. I believe he is the better back and Fox is too loyal to Williams. Expect another great season from the Daily Show.

Jacoby Jones- He looks great so far, and has the speed and size to be a great compliment to A. Johnson. His kick off and punt duties have been stripped away so he can concentrate on receiving.

I'm sure many will disagree, any other great value picks?

I'm sure many will disagree, any other great value picks?

Burleson :bandana:

Only 28 years old. Can still stretch the field. Megatron double-teamed. Playing from behind every week. Last round value. 'Nuff said.

Since the some of the players named so far seem to be in the "later round gems" variety, I'll throw Michael Bush out as a late round pick who could end up as a weekly starter...McFadden has not shown that he can handle every down duties yet in his career, and I think this is the season that the Raiders transition him into more of a satellite role, much the same way the Saints use Reggie...I could see McFadden getting 8-10 total touches per game, leaving Bush with 15-20 carries a game in an offense that has shown to be capable of running the ball when they are not getting blown out. Adding Jason Campbell to lead the offense can't help but result in more sustained drives, giving Bush more opportunities for consistent carries. I think if Bush grabs hold of the job in the pre-season, he could end up providing Cedric Benson, circa 2009-like value...

I also wouldn't pass on Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson or Andre Johnson this year!!!!

J Charles - check

H. Nicks - check

J Stew - check

Burleson - check

Jac jones - check

M Bush - check

So far I'm with you 100%.

Regarding ADP and AJ, they are only targets based on where my draft spot might be. I like Brees but he is not a target because I will let someone else draft him too early.

Knowshown Moreno- The Broncos switched to a power running scheme which suits his running style better. He should break 1400 this year. He was the 12th overall pick in the draft.

i dont disagree with the list, just want to add that Stewart usually goes even later than you mentioned.

in mocks i routinely get him in the late 4th or sometimes early 5th :shocking:

thing is i also like D-Will, he is in a contract year, and Fox is a loyal coach.

i dont disagree with the list, just want to add that Stewart usually goes even later than you mentioned.

in mocks i routinely get him in the late 4th or sometimes early 5th :shocking:

thing is i also like D-Will, he is in a contract year, and Fox is a loyal coach.

Coach Fox is an idiot, he was loyal to Foster for two years while Williams was the more talented back. I also like Williams, but I don't see him having a year as productive that he had two years ago. I believe Stewart is a top 3-5 back if Williams is gone. Hopefully from a fantasy aspect, Williams will be gone next season.

Coach Fox is an idiot, he was loyal to Foster for two years while Williams was the more talented back. I also like Williams, but I don't see him having a year as productive that he had two years ago. I believe Stewart is a top 3-5 back if Williams is gone. Hopefully from a fantasy aspect, Williams will be gone next season.

I'm not a Fox fan either. The team has lacked a #2 WR for years. He totally screwed up that offense by having Williams riding the pine while Foster fumbled away games. Now he is running Williams when I personally believe Stewart is a much more talented back. Why didn't he trade Williams this offseason when he had the opportunity? He shouldn't be back as Head Coach next season. The team has a lot of holes and he doesn't seem as if he knows how to fill them.

I'm not a Fox fan either. The team has lacked a #2 WR for years. He totally screwed up that offense by having Williams riding the pine while Foster fumbled away games. Now he is running Williams when I personally believe Stewart is a much more talented back. Why didn't he trade Williams this offseason when he had the opportunity? He shouldn't be back as Head Coach next season. The team has a lot of holes and he doesn't seem as if he knows how to fill them.

Deangello Williams is one of the top 5 talented backs in the league. The guy has an amazing ability of getting to the second level and making people miss. I think if your problem as a coach is having two extraordinarily talented backs then you're in a good situation. Playing Williams is not the cause of the Carolina Panthers lack of success.

Knowshown Moreno- The Broncos switched to a power running scheme which suits his running style better. He should break 1400 this year. He was the 12th overall pick in the draft.

I seem to remember that Knowshon's 40 time last season was something like 4.64... Is he really that slow?

I seem to remember that Knowshon's 40 time last season was something like 4.64... Is he really that slow?

Moreno's game isn't catered to breakaway straight line speed, it's more about fluidity, balance, and vision.

Deangello Williams is one of the top 5 talented backs in the league. The guy has an amazing ability of getting to the second level and making people miss. I think if your problem as a coach is having two extraordinarily talented backs then you're in a good situation. Playing Williams is not the cause of the Carolina Panthers lack of success.

Agreed. I think Jonathan Stewart is a great talent and from a FF perspective I would love to see him and D-Will on 2 different teams.

But I would love to hear the case for how Stewart is a "much more talented RB." I think that's absurd. Williams has averaged over 5ypc over his last roughly 640 carries and scored 32 TDs.

Again, Stewart is great and very well could be a top 5 FF RB if Williams were not there but the same could be said, and with greater probability, for Williams. This is a case where FF bias is clouding the brain. There are plenty of reasons for calling John Fox out but giving the ball to a guy as productive as DeAngelo Williams is NOT one of them.