Sign in to follow this  
Cstriker

FF Trophies

Yahoo has stopped the bobble head trophies for now. :( I think they are trying to package that as paid later in the year. But who knows?

Wondering if any of you have found good trophies that your league uses every year. I especially like http://theultimatetrophy.com/images/veteran.jpg . But the $399 price tag is too high for a $500 price pool league. :)

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

Yahoo has stopped the bobble head trophies for now. :( I think they are trying to package that as paid later in the year. But who knows?

Wondering if any of you have found good trophies that your league uses every year. I especially like http://theultimatetrophy.com/images/veteran.jpg . But the $399 price tag is too high for a $500 price pool league. :)

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!

I went to a local trophy shop and got one, a few years ago. It's a traveling trophy, with a plate for engraving each season's champion team name. It's basically just a marble base & a large football running back on top. $30. The base is about 3 inches tall and about 4 inches wide. The player is about 8 inches tall. The whole thing is just under a foot tall. The trophy gets presented at the auction each year.

I went to a local trophy shop and got one, a few years ago. It's a traveling trophy, with a plate for engraving each season's champion team name. It's basically just a marble base & a large football running back on top. $30. The base is about 3 inches tall and about 4 inches wide. The player is about 8 inches tall. The whole thing is just under a foot tall. The trophy gets presented at the auction each year.

what he said :doublethumbsup:

We too got ours at trophy shop......your basic silver plated cup with a base that has plaques for engraving the name of each year's winner. We finally had to add on a second base a couple of years ago......this is our 27th season!

Our league goes to a local trophy store and pays $70 for an acrylic trophy with team personalization. It's a keepsake trophy that the owner has forever and the $70 gets added to the league fees and pro-rated across all 12 teams.

Agreed. You can get trophies cheap, and include the engraving fee in the league fees. We no longer draft live (too many of us have moved away), so shipping from the previous owner is also included.

Our wives appreciate a gaudy trophy to commemorate all of the hard work we spent on FF instead of, ya know, fixing the house and stuff. :overhead:

We've always done the traveling plaque. I have always wanted to go the route of Rings from Jostens. The gawdy enough and would be a great way to rub it in at live drafts together. Walk into the draft room with a handful of them to wave in front of their faces.

A 20 lb wood carved trophy sounds fantastic. It could get tiring to ship it around? Not sure. This would be an excellent idea for a local league. But ours is spread out across the coasts.

Been in our auction league 10 years now, I won the championship the year Jamal Lewis hit off 2k rushing yards, nice payout, no trophy. A year later, they went out and bought a trophy! I thinnk it's because i'm the only Ohio guy in the league, rest our Michigan pukes :cheers: Hopefully I'll get another shot at it...