Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Lynch or Torain

if both are out on your WW, which will you target and why?

If you need an RB for this week I would say Torain because Lynch is now on a bye for week 5. Long term is tougher to call since neither team is very good. I would lean towards Lynch though because he has an easier schedule and does not have Portis breathing down his neck. (Or whoever the hell else Shanny will pull off of the trash heap and turn into a 1000 yd rusher.)

I grabbed Lynch a few weeks ago and stashed him when the Green Bay talks started up. I grabbed Torain last week when Portis came out of the locker closet and said he had limp wrist syndrome. I'm not physic or anything - it was all out of desperation.

I like Torain. Shanahan has been effusive in his praise of the kid since he got there, and Portis is banged up. McNabb has always been a RB friendly QB, and the Rat's system seems a really good fit for The rain.

Lynch is a puzzle. They made sure he got lots of work to showcase him for potenbtial trade partnes, but he doesn't seem to have much burst anymore. Plus, that logjam at RB in Seattle reeks of "hot hand" to me.

Just my .02. Since it doesn't relate to your Jets...about whom I've been pretty much wrong on everything so far this year...it just might be reliable.

torain. lynch is available, but i'm not even bothering to put in a claim. IMO, it'll take 3-4 weeks for him to get enough of a grasp of the system to produce anything. even then, he has to compete with forsett, so who would i start him ahead of?

i strongly suspect that torian is going to perform solidly, ad i think he's the better investment.

My guess (and I emphasize GUESS) is that Torain is the better pickup. Shanahan loves Torain, and while I know that he also loves Portis, Portis has a groin injury. That is not an easy injury to come back from. And there was talk about Torain taking over even before this past weekend. I think now is the oportunity that Torain needs to assert himself and take over as the primary back for the rest of the season (assuming he can stay healthy.)

First go to your house, knock on the door and punch yourself in the face in front of your wife and kids for being in such a crappy league that would have those guys on the WW.

Then, go to the Help board and post your question.

Both have mediocre OL but Torain shows me more and is on a better team.

First go to your house, knock on the door and punch yourself in the face in front of your wife and kids for being in such a crappy league that would have those guys on the WW.

Lynch is available in 25% of all CBS leagues, and 45% of all ESPN leagues. Torain is even higher. While "compare these players" threads are often cheap masquerades for team mgmt questions, these guys are going to be the WW wonders of the week and there is room for legit discussions of their value and prospects.

Torain is in the better situation. He's with a coach that's enamored with him, whose schemes often yield productive RBs, and is ahead of an aging, injured Portis and literally nobody else. Lynch is a power back in a passing offense that he'll need to scramble to pick-up, sharing time with two, more explosive backs. SEA does seem to have a better sched, tho.

So while their prospects seem to favor Torain, their value may be tied to immediate need -- as has been said, SEA is off this week.

HTH.

Hey wiseguy, some leagues have tight roster limits. Not everyone plays in a league with their mom where it's permissible to carry 7 flier RBs stashed on your :bench:

I have both Torain and Lynch on my team. I picked up Lynch 2-3 weeks ago with the early trade rumors, and Torain to replace Portis on my team.

I plan on using Lynch as trade bait for a better WR if he performs.

Hey wiseguy, some leagues have tight roster limits. Not everyone plays in a league with their mom where it's permissible to carry 7 flier RBs stashed on your :bench:

This! :thumbsup:

We only have 13 roster spots in a 12 team league and there are some decent guys available. I picked up Torain yesterday from waivers.

I think Torain has the better value short term for sure. Long term there are too many unknowns. However, Portis is old and banged up already. If he can't go or is phased out, there isnt anyone else for Shanahan to give the ball to.

I can't imagine both being available....but I'd go for Lynch because he is more of a proven commodity.

One of my leagues is a pretty shallow 8 teamer and they were both available. Neither available in my 10 team league.

Now that Portis has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks minimum (the groin muscle pulled away from the bone :shocking: ) and possibly the rest of the season I think Torain is more valuable than Lynch.

He is already familiar with the system (unlike Lynch) and has two inferior RBs behind him (also unlike Lynch.) If he stays healthy and holds onto the football I can see him putting up much better numbers over the final 11 games.

Now that Portis has been ruled out for 4-6 weeks minimum (the groin muscle pulled away from the bone :shocking: ) and possibly the rest of the season I think Torain is more valuable than Lynch.

He is already familiar with the system (unlike Lynch) and has two inferior RBs behind him (also unlike Lynch.) If he stays healthy and holds onto the football I can see him putting up much better numbers over the final 11 games.

Good post and I agree right NOW Torain has more value.

However, Lynch just went to a division that has Arizona, San Fran & St Louis in it.

:dunno:

Good post and I agree right NOW Torain has more value.

However, Lynch just went to a division that has Arizona, San Fran & St Louis in it.

:dunno:

San Fran's and STL's Defenses are not the pushovers they once were...

In the short term, Torain is the better pickup. He's already the starter in a system he knows. He's on the rise, while Lynch was the 3rd-stringer in BUF. When he finally masters the SEA playbook he will be starting for a team with fewer weapons than WASH and may not light it up right away. Longer term, though, I think Lynch has more upside.

I rate Green-Ellis lower because Belichick uses his RBs unpredticably. I don't know how many times the Fanball sites have trumpeted, eg, Maroney as the hot pickup because he went for 100 yards and a score--only to find that the next week Morris got 18 carries to Maroney's 3. Belichick changes backs to fit the opposition and the game plan, as well as to consolidate his "genius" reputation by being perplexing.