Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Jennings, meet bench

That's it, I'm done with his lack of production. He has become a bye week start at best. :thumbsdown:

jerryskids, meet over-reaction.

Over-reaction, meet jerryskids.

:cheers:

Wk1 - 5 for 82, 1 TD - 14 FP

Wk2 - 3 for 36, 0 TD - 3 FP

Wk3 - 2 for 18, 1 TD - 7 FP

Wk4 - 2 for 25, 1 TD - 8 FP

Wk5 - 2 for 22, 0 TD - 2 FP

That's four straight weeks of ######. The TDs in weeks 3 and 4 made his performance passable, but come on. 2-3 catches a week, for 20-30 yards? How many consecutive games of that do we need before we can 'over-react'?

We were told that an improved Packers offensive line would let Jennings be a deep threat again. That's not even close to happening. Rodgers has thrown 45+ times two of the past three games, and Jennings has gotten 5, 6, 5, and 5 targets over the last four weeks. The Packers can't run the ball, Rodgers is getting plenty of drop backs, and Jennings is barely getting any balls thrown his way. That's an alarming trend for a guy many depended on to be a WR1 or high-end WR2.

I have him in two leagues, and I won't bench him simply because I don't have any better options. But if I did, I would definitely consider it - and I can't blame anyone else for doing the same. If those same stats were being put up by a lower-tier receiver, you'd cut his ass for a bye week replacement kicker, and you sure wouldn't be sticking him in the starting line-up week after week. Why should we do it with Jennings just because we know his name?

ya im done with him as well he costed me 2 games so far this season

Yup, going on my bench as well until he starts scoring. Even then, I think he'll have to string together a few good games for me to trust him enough to give him another shot.

This isn't an over-reaction. This goes all the way back to last year.

jerryskids, meet over-reaction.

Over-reaction, meet jerryskids.

:cheers:

I'm not typically prone to overreaction. Rsersen summed it up perfectly. We'll see how things shake out this week with Finley and Rodgers' situations, but I've had Floyd on the bench and will probably start him going forward.

I think with no respecable ground game....all defences are dropping on Jennings, not to get beat big.

Finley is/was a matchup issue against any LB and Driver is still open a lot...

I expect Jennings to get more looks with Finley out....unless J.Jones steals it all as did in this past week.

I would like to see McGahee traded this week and get this team moving again on all cylinders!

Jennings performed like this last year. I had him and the guy was really inconsistent. They spread the ball around.

But now that all the TEs are hurt, he may get more looks.

In the IBL?

Interested in Kenny Britt for him?

Nope, not IBL. This is a friendly 10-teamer. :cheers:

I bought into the koolaid that last year was an anomaly, he was dinged and would return to form this year, blah blah blah. We seem to be confirming that he is what he is -- a fast guy who either doesn't get open, Rodgers doesn't like, and/or Rodgers doesn't have time to find open.

It seems like the slot receivers have really taken over in the nfl. Jennings runs basically the same route every play and other teams simply put a safety over the top and you have him accounted for. This opens up the middle for finley and driver. Moss is the same way. These guys are used primarily to open up routes for other receivers and get relatively few actual looks. You take some of your other stud wide receivers (white, wayne, fitz, marshall, for example), they run every pattern in the book. I am going to take this trend into account when I draft next year. Jennings is all or nothing, like he was last year, and like he is going to be this year. He is becoming very hard to start, especially in ppr leagues.

It seems like the slot receivers have really taken over in the nfl. Jennings runs basically the same route every play and other teams simply put a safety over the top and you have him accounted for. This opens up the middle for finley and driver. Moss is the same way. These guys are used primarily to open up routes for other receivers and get relatively few actual looks. You take some of your other stud wide receivers (white, wayne, fitz, marshall, for example), they run every pattern in the book. I am going to take this trend into account when I draft next year. Jennings is all or nothing, like he was last year, and like he is going to be this year. He is becoming very hard to start, especially in ppr leagues.

Great post. I've avoided Moss in recent years because I think, subconsciously, I had these thoughts, but you stated them very well. :thumbsup:

Great post. I've avoided Moss in recent years because I think, subconsciously, I had these thoughts, but you stated them very well. :thumbsup:

Funny you say that because in one of my 12-team leagues in which i picked 10th...I was hoping and praying the 11th or 12th teams would take Moss just so I wouldn't have that option. They didn't and guess who I very reluctantly pulled the trigger on = Moss. I should know better than getting caught up in the hype, which is exactly what happened. The sad thing is, these guys are dangerous,deep threat wide receivers, and having them run deep routes every play works out very well for their team...just not fantasy teams!

I find it amazing how little Rodgers looks his way. To me its a Rodgers issue but still the same result none the less.

Funny you say that because in one of my 12-team leagues in which i picked 10th...I was hoping and praying the 11th or 12th teams would take Moss just so I wouldn't have that option. They didn't and guess who I very reluctantly pulled the trigger on = Moss. I should know better than getting caught up in the hype, which is exactly what happened. The sad thing is, these guys are dangerous,deep threat wide receivers, and having them run deep routes every play works out very well for their team...just not fantasy teams!

I've got Moss & Jennings. :overhead:

<_<

It will be interesting to see if Jennings can pick up the slack from Finley's injury.

Christ, I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship. Jennings has done me wrong, I should see him for what he is.....and yet I keep creating these justifications to give him just one more chance....because this time will be different. Sigh.....

I finally put him on my bench this week. I went with Nicks, Wallace and Britt instead. SO frustrating.

That's it, I'm done with his lack of production. He has become a bye week start at best. :thumbsdown:

Stats week 6

6 rec 133 and 1 td

Who did you start instead?

Stats week 6

6 rec 133 and 1 td

Who did you start instead?

Floyd against the craptastic Rams. I think it was the right decision at the time, although I would have won if I had gone with Jennings. :dunno:

Floyd against the craptastic Rams. I think it was the right decision at the time, although I would have won if I had gone with Jennings. :dunno:

:doh: