Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Woodhead

And the Jets let him go and kept Joe McKnight :doh:

BALLER!

He's 5'9" on a good day. On the field, he looks more like 5'7" tops. I agree with the "Rudy" comment. Is this what parity offers us? Reduce the number of teams already. The pool of talent in this league is too thin as it is. Danny freaking Woodhead getting substantial reps...what has the NFL come to.

:lol:

With Foster and Wayne on bye next week, im SERIOUSLY considering WOODY! :music_guitarred:

With Foster and Wayne on bye next week, im SERIOUSLY considering WOODY! :music_guitarred:

Im a Foster and Addai owner...looking like Im starting Woodrow myself.

I started Torain and Woodhead in one league this week.

I won :music_guitarred:

Hes a touching story but there is a reason why hes like the 4th part of the Pats 4 headed attack at RB. He'll get some yards here and there and even score on occassion but c'mon...get serious. Hes the size of a focking hobbit and has little if any fantasy value except for an extreme emergency fill-in.

Hes a touching story but there is a reason why hes like the 4th part of the Pats 4 headed attack at RB. He'll get some yards here and there and even score on occassion but c'mon...get serious. Hes the size of a focking hobbit and has little if any fantasy value except for an extreme emergency fill-in.

"4 headed attack"? They have BJGE (a downhill runner) and Woodhead. Faulk is injured, Taylor is injured, Morris is a fullback. What are you talking about 4 headed?

As a NE homer, I think Woodhead has significant value in PPR leagues. With Randy gone, the Pats are gonna spread the ball around a lot and yesterday the Pats showed a lot of confidence in Woodhead, both running and receiving, in the clutch. He was also spread out wide on a few plays.

Def. the most productive RB the PATS have right now. I remember shortly after Kevin Faulk got hurt reading that he plans to come back from the injury and play in like his 13th or 14th season...not so sure Woodhead doesn't just keep that 3rd down passing back role long term that Faulk provided for so long.

Def. the most productive RB the PATS have right now. I remember shortly after Kevin Faulk got hurt reading that he plans to come back from the injury and play in like his 13th or 14th season...not so sure Woodhead doesn't just keep that 3rd down passing back role long term that Faulk provided for so long.

Not only is he the fulltime 3rd down back, he's playing nearly 50% of 1st and 2nd downs too.

When they Pats need short yardage they use BJGE, but when they need production and someone that can make big plays they have been using Woody

Not only is he the fulltime 3rd down back, he's playing nearly 50% of 1st and 2nd downs too.

When they Pats need short yardage they use BJGE, but when they need production and someone that can make big plays they have been using Woody

Yeah, he's getting a lot of work now...I don't think they want to use him that much on 1st and 2nd long term.

LMAO

4th part?

He's been on the team for 3 games, he replaced Kevin Faulk who was very much a part of their regular game plan, and he has either scored or gotten 115 total yds.

Last 3 games he has 28 touches for 204 yds and 2 tds.

The short dumpoffs and such will become more of the game plan now that Moss is no longer with the team, he got 16 touches yesterday vs the vaunted Ray Lewis led Baltimore defense, and Ray Ray was winded chasing that little Hobbit around......too bad the Pats don't have faith in the little guy... :rolleyes:

He's not gonna threaten CJ, but noone ever said he was going to......

He averaged over 5 yards a carry and over 10 yards a catch. Was used in the 2nd half way more than Benjarvus. I think being down in the 2nd half they had to scrap whatever game play they had. If they were leading, who knows if Woody is back there to protect the clock.

I think with the lead, they probably go Benjarvus. Behind they went with Woodrow. Early in a game or a close one?...yet to be seen!!

I think we learned alot this past game vs Bal, but this next game vs Chargers is really whats gonna show us whats up with this guy and how much the PATS really are going to use him.

Regarding the TD pass to Branch at the end of the game...Brady commented that he looked at Hernandez first and then to Woodhead 2nd. Therefore he could have even had a TD yesterday if he wasn't covered on that play, but just shows you that they are willing to use him in crucial situations and the redzone.