Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Denario Alexander

I haven't seen him talked about yet. I prob. missed it since this is my first time on the board this week.

Is he really worth it? I see people rushing to pick him up. I heard his knee is already destroyed.

When Gradkowski is in there, I really like Louis Murphy so Im trying to think down the stretch whos better in my last wr spot..

Any opinions on Alexander would be a big help. I know he was a beast in college. And Bradford needs someone to throw to.

I added him in one league b/c I had the roster space but I'm not sure I'm buying their outlook.

I've been waiting for the 'Age of Demaryius' since week 2. :dunno:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=64&articleid=36256

It is a strikingly similar scenario, but there's no such thing as a lock off the WW. I think he's worth a roster spot over a guy like Louis Murphy, and could produce at a Clayton-esque level going forward.

I am a huge Mizzou fan as well as St. Louis Rams fan.

In 2007, Alexander beat Jeremy Maclin out for a starting spot, only to get hurt. This kid has incredible talent. He's big, fast, and can jump. He would have easily been the first or second WR off the board if he did not get hurt. The big problem with him is he has had 4 knee surgeries. He is obviously an injury concern, but if he wasn't healthy enough to play the game he wouldn't be out on the field making plays. He is definitely worth an add in standard 12 team leagues. If he can stay healthy he could put up decent numbers this year, and monster numbers in the future.

Dude is a definition of a boom or bust. Beat out Maclin at Mizzou, as mentioned above.

Talent to be a top 5 FF WR, but a HUGE injury risk. 4 knee surgeries is not a good sign.

Given the state of STL's WR corps., the opportunity is there. Danario will play if healthy. Bradford is a stud in the making.

Last I heard, he's still overcoming atrophy in the muscles surrounding his knees. He's has somewhat of a slight build, skinny legs, but runs like a gazelle. Like Vince Young in a way, it doesn't look like he's trying hard but is actually blazing fast. 6'5" and ran a 4.5 40yd dash. If Danario stays healthy, I expect him to explode. Big if though...

A definite must-add in dynasty leagues.

Help topic but would you guys take a flier on him and drop L. Moore?

I need one of them to start this week.

Long term either guy will be a WR 4 as I have Roddy, Calvin and TO.

Alexander was a monster at Mizzou. He was the engine driving that offense through all of 2009. Now that he's on an active roster I think he's got a shot, but it's one game. That said, it's a great opportunity given the situation--he's not exactly surrounded by a murderer's row there. I would expect him to be a risky start who'll have a couple big games and plenty of 2/23 outings.

Help topic but would you guys take a flier on him and drop L. Moore?

I need one of them to start this week.

Long term either guy will be a WR 4 as I have Roddy, Calvin and TO.

I definitely would, but I always choose the "high upside" player over the steady one, when it comes to WR. Also, Moore will be less valuable in a couple of weeks when Bush returns.

I am seriously thinking of dropping J. Stewart for him. My other Rbs are Foster, Charles, Lynch, Forset, M. Bush, so Jstew really has no roster use for me. Why not take a chance on this kid, right?...

I definitely would, but I always choose the "high upside" player over the steady one, when it comes to WR. Also, Moore will be less valuable in a couple of weeks when Bush returns.

Thanks. That was my thinking too. I just made the move.