Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

V Jax will sign his tender....

Didn't feel like looking up an old thread so I started a new one. He'll be back week 12.

The player rep for Vincent Jackson tells Profootballtalk.com that the restricted free agent will sign his tender and report to the Chargers next Friday.

Jackson doesn't have to sign and report until 4:00 p.m. next Saturday to accrue the necessary service time, so he's coming in a day early. He will sit out three games due to his Roster Exempt status, putting him on track for a return in Week 12 (Nov. 28).

So he will be back week 12 <_< I picked him up in one league but im dropping his arse he is not worth hanging onto. Im glad he will not be back till week 12 because Floyd hopefully will get his fagina fixed and put up some pts for me until V Jax is back:thumbsup:

So he will be back week 12 <_< I picked him up in one league but im dropping his arse he is not worth hanging onto. Im glad he will not be back till week 12 because Floyd hopefully will get his fagina fixed and put up some pts for me until V Jax is back:thumbsup:

Why would you say he's not worth hanging onto? Playoffs for most leagues are 14-16. To the contrary I think he could potentially help teams win their SB's.

Pick up VJax now? Depends on your bench depth.

If you are 4-2 or better, and thinking about playoffs, I would think the stash would be worth it for the potential huge payoff.

That said, in a League with a shallow bench and your team is still trying to navigate the bye weeks, you would wait.

But I do see San Diego playing him once he is eligible... if they have even a small chance of making the playoffs. If they do play him, I see him busting his hump to impress a team for his free agent signing in the off season. If he dogs it, or messes around, it costs him money. Would he fake an injury to forgo this this need, however? Have no idea.

Pick up VJax now? Depends on your bench depth.

If you are 4-2 or better, and thinking about playoffs, I would think the stash would be worth it for the potential huge payoff.

That said, in a League with a shallow bench and your team is still trying to navigate the bye weeks, you would wait.

But I do see San Diego playing him once he is eligible... if they have even a small chance of making the playoffs. If they do play him, I see him busting his hump to impress a team for his free agent signing in the off season. If he dogs it, or messes around, it costs him money. Would he fake an injury to forgo this this need, however? Have no idea.

If he's smart he keeps his head down and plays his nuts off, hoping to lead the Chargers to the playoffs. Then he not only brings in more cash the next year, he also shows AJ what he's going to be missing.

Like the cute chick in HS with a crush on you who you snub for the idiot cheerleader, only to find out she's a late bloomer and is drop dead gorgeous in 4 years, then she returns your favor and snubs you.

I have VJax on my bench for possible playoff help, but I am starting to question tying up the roster slot. Normally, an NFL team would start Hitler at WR if they thought he would create mismatches. However, SD has taken such a hard line with VJax that I don't feel 100% sure he will be active. Furthermore, I don't know how eager VJax will be to showcase himself. He might remember how Javon Walker held out on GB, finally relented, and then blew out his ACL in his 1st game of the season. If Jackson is badly hurt playing for a team that will likely not include him in 2011, the bottom will drop out of the market for him. Jackson may act like such a "negative influence" that he's unwanted in the locker room. I'm leaning toward dumping him.

Why would you say he's not worth hanging onto? Playoffs for most leagues are 14-16. To the contrary I think he could potentially help teams win their SB's.

Yes my playoffs are during weeks 14-16 and he will not be back until week 12. It is week 7 right now and im not hanging onto him for another 5+ weeks. I wouldnt dare start him week 12 cause no idea what to expect then probably wait to see what happened week 13. Now he would be a great WR2 for the playoff run but right now i need roster space. Thats not to say i wont grab him in 3 or 4 weeks if i am in good shape for playoffs.

Yes my playoffs are during weeks 14-16 and he will not be back until week 12. It is week 7 right now and im not hanging onto him for another 5+ weeks. I wouldnt dare start him week 12 cause no idea what to expect then probably wait to see what happened week 13. Now he would be a great WR2 for the playoff run but right now i need roster space. Thats not to say i wont grab him in 3 or 4 weeks if i am in good shape for playoffs.

No butts. What the hell do you play ff for if not for your playoff weeks? If you have 2 or more wins on the season you need to play FF with the expectation that you will make the playoffs. Focus on players who have good match ups and you will not be the owner who says come playoff time "well, that's just the luck of the draw."

No butts. What the hell do you play ff for if not for your playoff weeks? If you have 2 or more wins on the season you need to play FF with the expectation that you will make the playoffs. Focus on players who have good match ups and you will not be the owner who says come playoff time "well, that's just the luck of the draw."

I think he's saying he can't afford to hold him right now because first he needs to make the playoffs before planning for them.

ETA: Just saw this was on Rotoworld...

Chargers GM A.J. Smith confirmed that he will welcome Vincent Jackson back and expects him to be a "major contributor."

"I believe he will do well," Smith said. "He always has been a worker, stays in shape, knows our offense. After a little game-speed adjustment, I would expect him to be a major contributor." As do we. If Jackson remains available on your shallow league's waiver wire, it's time to pick him up as a valuable fantasy playoff asset.

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

So, mixing together a couple of pertinent threads, who would you rather have for the playoff run, VJax or AGonz? Both are coming back to high-power pass offenses with heaps of potential opportunity.

So, mixing together a couple of pertinent threads, who would you rather have for the playoff run, VJax or AGonz? Both are coming back to high-power pass offenses with heaps of potential opportunity.

VJax

Gonzo will be a potentially good fantasy WR until Collie returns, which should be well before playoff time.

We have a pretty large roster at 16. That is 7 bench spots and im not going to dump someone for a player i may or may not be able to use. :thumbsup:

If you have the roster space sure hang on but i am planing for the playoffs and want the best team.

I decided to drop VJax to pick up A Gonzalez. Despite the "welcome back" talk from SD, I'm not sure how much Jackson will play--or want to play if they're out of playoff contention.

I'm 3-3 in a deep league. I can't afford to stash players just for the playoffs; I need to focus on making the playoffs. Keeping Jackson might make sense for an owner who has the roster space and doesn't need more immediate help.