Sign in to follow this  
pantherb99

NFL Network free tonight?

He folks, I was just wondering, is the NFL Network broadcasting the game for free tonight like they've done in the past for the 1st Thursday night game? I got Roddy goin' tonight and I'd like nothing more than to be able to see him explode tonight on that suspect Ravens secondary.

Thanks!

...and why again don't you already have NFL Network?

I dont have NFL network either :thumbsdown: Its because my cable company(charter) does not offer it. They choose to carry MLB Network rather than NFL Network because it was alot less expensive. And i am glad :thumbsup: except for nights like tonight when i have Matt Ryan and Roddy White going and i live hour from Atlanta and have to bootleg the freaking game on channelsurfing.net or atdhe.net :mad:

EVERY OTHER TV STATION > nfl network

because NFL Network sucks, and I normally go to the bar. Given that it's a "work night" I was hoping I could watch at the house. Oh well.

Because other than a handful(small handful) of good games, which you can easily watch online or at your favorite pub, it is a completely useless network for most of the year. And, you have to subscribe to DISH or DIRECTV which both suck major pecker. The NFL thinks its a little too important. How stoopid are they? They dont want their product on cable which is more than half of the viewing population. All for a network that does what from January through August? College player profiles? SB highlights that weve seen a billion times? Interviews with the players Mothers? Workout combines? The the rest of the time they are just pimping their own network...much as the NHL and NBA networks do.

Just face it - an exclusive network for a sport that plays 3-4 months a year with most games on regular TV, including all the playoffs is pretty silly. And, the fact that they expect to receive huge money to show pointless crap for 80% of the year is even more silly. Thems the facts.

I had NFL Network with Comcast Cable and now get it with DirecTV :dunno:

P.S. it's awesome.

Same here. I can't imagine any football fan would be without it, it's great. Cancel it in the off season if you don't want it, but during football season it's fantastic.

NFL network couldnt even be a good commercial on the MLB Network :wave: not sure how much sense that makes :huh: but get my point

1. Who the fock wants some big ass dish hanging off of your house or in your yard? Looks ghetto.

2. If it rains really hard you're out of service. Nothing would irritate me more. When it rains is when you need to be inside watching T.V. If a damn tornado or hurricane is coming I need to see the news to see if its coming my way.

3. I refuse to support the NFL Network channel because they refuse to make their product accessible to all by reasonably pricing their product to the cable companies and holding them hostage.

4. I also have the internet and a sports bar close by.

:wave:

NFL network couldnt even be a good commercial on the MLB Network :wave: not sure how much sense that makes :huh: but get my point

I would watch even a crappy regular season NFL game. The game replays during the week are very good from the NFL Network.

I would not watch an MLB game that was not the Red Sox. From the MLB playoff ratings, I believe that the majority of America agrees with me. :dunno:

I would watch even a crappy regular season NFL game. The game replays during the week are very good from the NFL Network.

I would not watch an MLB game that was not the Red Sox. From the MLB playoff ratings, I believe that the majority of America agrees with me. :dunno:

The reason the playoff rating were so bad is because only people in the Northeast(and Northeast transplants like my self) watch MLB. And with the Red Sox not making the playoffs and the Yankees getting beat are the reasons the rating were so bad.

If replays are shown through out the week that would be nice but the NFL Network is only worth a crap during the season or actually about 2 maybe 3 months. From what my buddy at the cable company told me they charged a small fortune to have the companies carry the network. So piss on the NFL Network :doublethumbsup:

It's a great network for die-hard fans of the game. Like right now, I'm watching a random bit on the show Total Access. Out of nowhere, they've got former Head Coach Brian Billick and former Defensive Back Rod Woodson breaking down Ed Reed's game. Beyond some little video clips, Billick and Woodson are on a small mock field talking shop. Talking about more than just Ed Reed. They're educating the viewer on the plays, the mindset, and everything else which the average football viewer ignores completely. They're speaking the language, as it's really communicated around the league. And this is no exception. Every day, every week, I learn something deep and insightful about the pro game, behind the scenes, under the hood; this type of coverage is not available anywhere else on television.

So, yeah, if all you want is to watch a game on Sunday at the bar, it's not for you. This network is for us football nuts who can never get enough :wacko:

It's a great network for die-hard fans of the game. Like right now, I'm watching a random bit on the show Total Access. Out of nowhere, they've got former Head Coach Brian Billick and former Defensive Back Rod Woodson breaking down Ed Reed's game. Beyond some little video clips, Billick and Woodson are on a small mock field talking shop. Talking about more than just Ed Reed. They're educating the viewer on the plays, the mindset, and everything else which the average football viewer ignores completely. They're speaking the language, as it's really communicated around the league. And this is no exception. Every day, every week, I learn something deep and insightful about the pro game, behind the scenes, under the hood; this type of coverage is not available anywhere else on television.

So, yeah, if all you want is to watch a game on Sunday at the bar, it's not for you. This network is for us football nuts who can never get enough :wacko:

You're right. With ESPN, FOX, CBS, NBC, Cable, Sports Talk Radio, Internet, ect. One cannot get enough football 7 days a week UNLESS you have the NFL Network.

I refuse to support the NFL Network channel because they refuse to make their product accessible to all by reasonably pricing their product to the cable companies and holding them hostage.

###### Communist :thumbsdown:

You're too poor to afford the extra $5/mo

###### Communist :thumbsdown:

You're too poor to afford the extra $5/mo

First he says the dish for satellite TV looks "ghetto" - implying it's a product one might find in the lower class...then, in the same post, he berates DirecTV for not offering "reasonable" pricing - implying the cost is too high for the average person (or worse, someone from "the ghetto") to afford. So which is it? Is it ghetto (i.e. cheap junk; undesirable) or is it too expensive (i.e. something mommy won't buy for you; something you want)? He's just bitter and confused (and jealous). Pretty funny.

Ya'll can relax. NFL Network is fine. I just found it funny when you whipped your pecker out, put your fists on your hips and said "You aren't a hardcore NFL fan unless you have the NFL Network!@#!"

Wish I had something to complain about, but I have Direct TV, and will be watching the game tonight, and every other game that's played in the NFL. "I can't watch the game" boo freakin hoo, quit your bitchin and do somethin about it.

1. Who the fock wants some big ass dish hanging off of your house or in your yard? Looks ghetto.

who needs a dish? Comcast, baby!

The reason the playoff rating were so bad is because only people in the Northeast(and Northeast transplants like my self) watch MLB. And with the Red Sox not making the playoffs and the Yankees getting beat are the reasons the rating were so bad.

If replays are shown through out the week that would be nice but the NFL Network is only worth a crap during the season or actually about 2 maybe 3 months. From what my buddy at the cable company told me they charged a small fortune to have the companies carry the network. So piss on the NFL Network :doublethumbsup:

The Yankees were playing with Cliff Lee pitching for Texas and MLB lost to an NFL regular season game with Jacksonville getting pounded by Tennessee. I don't know if you can really call baseball America's game with situations like that. :lol:

The Yankees were playing with Cliff Lee pitching for Texas and MLB lost to an NFL regular season game with Jacksonville getting pounded by Tennessee. I don't know if you can really call baseball America's game with situations like that. :lol:

steroids tainted baseball

people just dont care as much as they used to and we wont ever see those records being chased which added alot of excitement in late september.

Anybody have an answer to the OP?

I had a package with a local cable company where you could have the NFL network and watch all the regular programming but NOT the Thursday night games. It was wierd. You couldn't even pay a little extra to get them.

also, if you had to trade of one of MJD, GORE or Hillis for a draft pick to replace the pick you just gave up to get Eli to cover you sheety QB situation and have any hope of sneaking into the playoffs which would you get rid of?TD heavy scoring :bandana:

steroids tainted baseball

people just dont care as much as they used to and we wont ever see those records being chased which added alot of excitement in late september.

:pointstosky: :lol: But they are great for football :wave:

anyway on another note i am venting!!! How the fock can you live an hour from a NFL game and not be able to watch it??? NFL network needs to kiss my arse and along with Roger Goodell :pointstosky:

I dont have NFL network either :thumbsdown: Its because my cable company(charter) does not offer it. They choose to carry MLB Network rather than NFL Network because it was alot less expensive. And i am glad :thumbsup: except for nights like tonight when i have Matt Ryan and Roddy White going and i live hour from Atlanta and have to bootleg the freaking game on channelsurfing.net or atdhe.net :mad:

EVERY OTHER TV STATION > nfl network

This. Money-Grubbing Time Warner is the same way. I just can't justify signing a contract with the sattellite companies for a few games a year. Rich Eisen, Deion, and Jamie Dukes make me not miss having it too much.

:pointstosky: :lol: But they are great for football :wave:

its not that they are great for football, its that they matter less.

MLB is driven by statistics. Football, not as much.

if a QB took steroids and it helped him throw farther and harder, that wouldn't necessarily translate into more TD's or even passing yards as he still needs to be accurate, read defenses, have good receivers, etc etc.

The homerun totals we saw in the McGwire, Sosa, Bonds era will never be seen again.

if a QB took steroids and it helped him throw farther and harder, that wouldn't necessarily translate into more TD's or even passing yards as he still needs to be accurate, read defenses, have good receivers, etc etc.

The homerun totals we saw in the McGwire, Sosa, Bonds era will never be seen again.

I dont think steriods have one thing to do with the TV ratings :nono: 95% of kids and middle aged men now have A.D.D. and can not relax and watch a baseball game. They need it now. :thumbsdown: and can not sit still for more than 15-20 minutes

I dont think steriods have one thing to do with the TV ratings :nono: 95% of kids and middle aged men now have A.D.D. and can not relax and watch a baseball game. They need it now. :thumbsdown: and can not sit still for more than 15-20 minutes

no arguement there. I have no interest in watching a regular season baseball game on TV. Only time i see them is on a lazy sunday afternoon and rarely do i watch the whole game start to finish. Games are long and the season is longer. If its not the playoff or im not physically at the game, then i really don't care.

but i definately think steroids has had an impact on viewing. in a broad sense, im sure some baseball traditionalists were very turned off by the scandal. And for a specific example, like i already mentioned, the big record chases won't happen anymore which generated alot of interest late in seasons.

then there is the issue you alluded to earlier in that baseball has become driven by a select few markets. No Red Sox? Yankees, Phillies, Dodgers not in the series? Less people care.

Football can get away with smaller market or underdog teams playing in the Super Bowl because its one game, once a year and will generate interest regardless.

and i could go on for hours about the benefits of a salary cap as it relates to this topic. In baseball, we know who the top teams will be on a year to year basis... the big market teams because they are able to spend much more money than the smaller markets (KC, Oakland, Tampa, etc...) Salary Cap = more parity = more interest in the smaller market teams.

2. If it rains really hard you're out of service. Nothing would irritate me more. When it rains is when you need to be inside watching T.V. If a damn tornado or hurricane is coming I need to see the news to see if its coming my way.

3. I refuse to support the NFL Network channel because they refuse to make their product accessible to all by reasonably pricing their product to the cable companies and holding them hostage.

4. I also have the internet and a sports bar close by.

agreed on the big ass dish... I'd be having a big ass dish for a few games a year.. :thumbsdown: Checked into verizon/FIOS but its not offered on my street. Therefore I am :mad:

Shawne Merriman, Brian Bosworth, Tony Mandarich and dozens of others would like to disagree with you.

This. Money-Grubbing Time Warner is the same way. I just can't justify signing a contract with the sattellite companies for a few games a year. Rich Eisen, Deion, and Jamie Dukes make me not miss having it too much.

I wouldnt blame Time Warner alone on this. The NFL network values themselves just a LITTLE too much. Again - for a network that hs NO viable content for 8 months out of the year they gotta lot of balls trying to get TW to jack up everyones cable rates and carry their channel in the basic package which is what the NFL wants. TW rightfully wants the NFL network on a sports tier which makes total sense. Then, those who want the NFL network can have it at an additonal cost. Whats so bad about that? Why should TW eat the costs and raise everyones rates for a station that has NOTHING to offer 8 months out of the year and even during the season, a handful of good games is all you'll get out of it. For losers with nothing better to do all summer than watch college player workouts or other pointless crap in the offseason - enjoy. :rolleyes:

Not saying TW is great - I dumped them last year for various reasons. But, they have a good stance here. Otherwise, every time a unique channel gets added, everyone will be paying for it. Suppose they FORCED us all to pay for a soccer channel(dumbest sport ever) or the Curling network? Youd flip your lid if they raised rates for that stuff on you. Same thing here.