Sign in to follow this  
gimethedamnball

Does Torain have any value left

I just read that Torains been ruled out this week and Portis may see some action. At this point, I can't see Torain being thrown back in the starting gig once he gets healthy. This is what I feared would happen with Torain once he pulled a hammy. With Shanahan pulling his Shanangans does Torain have any value left in a standard 10 man non ppr league.

None. Soon to be crowded backfield with a tough schedule to come.

Not much. I'm probably going to hang onto him for another week or two to see what happens, but he's become my No. 1 guy to cut if one of my starters gets hurt and I have to make a pickup.

Not much. I'm probably going to hang onto him for another week or two to see what happens, but he's become my No. 1 guy to cut if one of my starters gets hurt and I have to make a pickup.

I am with you 100% on this one. I doubt he is going to have any value but there is currently no one out there that I like better.

I actually cut bait on him this week. Dropped him for Donald Brown.

I figure to get one week out of Brown then I have no idea what I am going to do...

but at least I won't be dealing with the Redskins backfield.

I dropped Torain...and picked up Keiland Williams. I'd rather have the healthy back, instead of the back that's been battling a hamstring injury since the end of October.

With my WR's a mess b/c of injuries and I have to start 3, I think I might drop him and grab another wideout.....I have to start Randy Moss so I will be keeping my fingers crossed for one catch of a 50 yard TD!

I think that Torrain is the most talented of the Redskins backs. If he is healthy, and the Redskins are still in the playoff race he will see the majority of the carries.

I dropped Torain. He's injured, Portis is coming back, and Williams is healthy. +Shanahan Shenanigans. He's become an unreliable option.

Torain isnt worth holding on to . Even when healthy i didnt think he was all that. not sure I would want Portis who was pretty bad when healthy. I suppose K Williams is the one to own and if he can have a second big game this week can get a stranglehold on the job and might be a good rb2/flex during the playoff hunt.

I am with you 100% on this one. I doubt he is going to have any value but there is currently no one out there that I like better.

That's exactly it. If K. Williams was on waivers in my league, I'd probably drop Torain for him. But he's long gone. And the only other RBs I could nab are backups who won't see daylight unless someone gets hurt, so might as well hang onto Torain.

It's an IDP league, though, and I have Greg Toler, who's been a tackle machine this year. He's questionable this week, and if he ends up not playing, I'm going to cut Torain for a fill-in Cornerback. Normally, I never hang onto an extra defensive player. Just drop and add them as necessary. But Torain's so useless right now that I'd rather hang onto a useful Defensive Back.

I waived Ryan "Choo-Choo" Torain out of my station today. I think Torain may have value again before season's end, but I'm fighting to keep my season from ending well before his and don't have the luxury of stashing somebody of unknown availability. These hammies can keep a player hobbled almost indefinitely. If you're fighting to make the playoffs, try to swap him out for somebody who can play now.

Keep more than an eye on James Davis.

Especially now...

Redskins RB Chad Simpson was carted off the field during pregame warmups Sunday with an apparent foot/ankle injury and will not play against the Titans.

The Redskins will have only Clinton Portis and Keiland Williams "up" as running backs. Simpson is also Brandon Banks' primary backup in the return game.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5047