Sign in to follow this  
P.I.

Giants Fans

Can we run on the Vikings this coming week? I know the Vikings have been great against the run in recent years, but I have a feeling the Giants will run the ball with authority...as long as they do not kill their drives with penalties. What do you predict from Jacobs and Bradshaw?

I think we can go into Minneapolis and beat the Vikings pretty convincingly. If so, we should get a couple of key players back for next weeks battle with the Eagles.

They will most definitely try and probably have some success. Don't expect another Wash game though.

It's easy to say that they won't run the ball too well b/c of the Vikings rush defense, but I disagree. The Giants remember what happened to them last year and they can run on anyone when their offense is clicking. I am not expecting them to repeat last weeks performance, but I would not be surprised if we rush for 150 and 2 td's.

Giants fans, you are coming into a hornets nest on Sunday. You will not be able to run against the Vikes. Eli and the passing game has a chance to have some success, although Eli's history against the Purple is not so good.

This is a re-vitalized Vikings team under Leslie Frazier. The same team that was a Brett Favray INT from the SB a year ago.

It will be a war and the gents could get blown out out of the dome.

Giants fans, you are coming into a hornets nest on Sunday. You will not be able to run against the Vikes. Eli and the passing game has a chance to have some success, although Eli's history against the Purple is not so good.

This is a re-vitalized Vikings team under Leslie Frazier. The same team that was a Brett Favray INT from the SB a year ago.

It will be a war and the gents could get blown out out of the dome.

You could not be more wrong. There is NO WAY the Giants get blown out in this game. I am not saying the Giants will blow out the Vikings, but the Giants will run the ball and I guarantee a victory for the G-Men.

You could not be more wrong. There is NO WAY the Giants get blown out in this game. I am not saying the Giants will blow out the Vikings, but the Giants will run the ball and I guarantee a victory for the G-Men.

Sure they could, this is the NFL ( Never Figure League). Anything can happen.

Eli and gents last four games vs Vikes. Not pretty Gents fans.

QB E. Manning Jan 3 10 NYG(a) L 7-44 17 of 23, 141 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

QB E. Manning Dec 28 08 NYG(a) L 19-20 11 of 19 119 yds 0 TD, 0 INT

QB E. Manning Nov 25 07 NYG(h) L 17-41 21 of 49 273 yds, 1 TD, 4 INT :shocking:

QB E. Manning Nov 13 05 NYG(h) L 21-24 23 of 48 291 yds, 1 TD, 4 INT :shocking:

Lets see, 4 straight losses to Vikes, 2 blowouts, and EliNT throwing picks like crazy this year (2nd most to Favray) and in his past 4 games vs Minnesota he has thrown 2 TD's/9 picks, Vikings are very tough to run on, game in Minnesota, crappy travel conditions for gents, and a revitalized Viking team that should have been in SB a year ago. Gents fans should be worried ;)

Snow forces Giants to stay in KC; Vikes game on

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—The New York Giants are having trouble getting to Minnesota for their game against the Vikings.

With about a foot of blowing snow falling in the Twin Cities area and closing the airport Saturday afternoon, the Giants’ charter flight was forced to land in Kansas City. Team spokesman Pat Hanlon said on Twitter the team will spend the night there.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Sunday’s game was still scheduled to start at 1 p.m. EST, with the Giants planning to fly to Minnesota on Sunday morning.

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre(notes) is aiming to make his NFL-record 298th straight start, with a sprained shoulder that has made throwing difficult. He’s listed as questionable to play the Giants

It's a very tricky game.

But when it's all said and done, the Giants probably don't even make the playoffs this year. They can blame it on injuries to key players like Nicks and Steve Smith. The Giants have 4 losses right now. This is more than Green Bay and New Orleans who both only have 3 losses and seem to be in a better position to win the 5th and 6th seeds in the NFC playoff race. I think the Eagles win the division, even if they lose next week. Winning this division gives the Eagles the #3 seed in the NFC playoff picture.

NFC

#1 seed = Atlanta

#2 seed = Chicago

#3 seed = Philadelphia

#4 seed = Seattle

#5 seed = New Orleans

#6 seed = Green Bay

So, maybe it's just not the G-men's year and they could lose outright to Minnesota. It wouldn't really be all that surprising.

Snow forces Giants to stay in KC; Vikes game on

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)The New York Giants are having trouble getting to Minnesota for their game against the Vikings.

With about a foot of blowing snow falling in the Twin Cities area and closing the airport Saturday afternoon, the Giants charter flight was forced to land in Kansas City. Team spokesman Pat Hanlon said on Twitter the team will spend the night there.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Sundays game was still scheduled to start at 1 p.m. EST, with the Giants planning to fly to Minnesota on Sunday morning.

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre(notes) is aiming to make his NFL-record 298th straight start, with a sprained shoulder that has made throwing difficult. Hes listed as questionable to play the Giants

Knowing how inept the ViQueens are, the Giants will make it to the game in time, while the ViQueens bus will slide off the road on the way to the game! :headbanger:

This bad weather has been predicted for almost a week, how do they not get into Minny early to beat the storm??? I don't have any Giants in fantasy leagues, but I do have them covering a point!!!

If I was the Giants, I would be more worried about getting to Minnesota than playing there. The Vikings are not that scary and they can be run on. I am not guaranteeing victory, but if I had to make a pick- I'd go Giants. Of course, the x-factor now is the travel debacle.

I wouldn't go quite that far.

I wouldn't go quite that far.

Why not? They are playing like a different team since Frazier took over. Sure its two in row vs Wash and Buff, BUT, the wash game was at wash where they snapped an 8 game road losing streak, and buff had been hot and was a stevie johnson dropped pass from beating the steelers the week b4.

Gents fans should be very very worried. Gents are fortunate it got moved to Mon night, they would not have had a chance had they flown in tomorrow morning.

And the Vikes are 4th in the NFL against the run. I don't get why everyone all of sudden thinks their run D isn't great anymore. They are still VERY tough to run on. http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

I think Vikes win their 3rd in a row and play spoiler to the gents. There will prob be 6-8 INT's thrown between Brett "INT" Favray, ElINT, and INTJax - so should be an entertaining game.

And the Vikes are 4th in the NFL against the run. I don't get why everyone all of sudden thinks their run D isn't great anymore. They are still VERY tough to run on. http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Giants Fan here. I remember all those bad games by Eli in the homerdome all too well. I am a little nervous. But not as I have been in the past. The Giants run game is legit. No sacks by the oline in 5 games. Now they have Third-andSmith and Nicks back, it is a whole other level of trouble for a defense to cover everyone.

And the Vikes have had more than their share of cream-puff running teams that they've shut down: GB (no Grant), WAS, DET, BUF, ARI, MIA. They've been gashed by teams with good o-lines and RBs: NYJ, DAL and the Patsies. MIN RB FF points Allowed

Now my biggest concern is the Giants coming out on Monday night after doing walk-throughs in airport terminals and hotel ballrooms.

Giants Fan here. I remember all those bad games by Eli in the homerdome all too well. I am a little nervous. But not as I have been in the past. The Giants run game is legit. No sacks by the oline in 5 games. Now they have Third-andSmith and Nicks back, it is a whole other level of trouble for a defense to cover everyone.

And the Vikes have had more than their share of cream-puff running teams that they've shut down: GB (no Grant), WAS, DET, BUF, ARI, MIA. They've been gashed by teams with good o-lines and RBs: NYJ, DAL and the Patsies. MIN RB FF points Allowed

Now my biggest concern is the Giants coming out on Monday night after doing walk-throughs in airport terminals and hotel ballrooms.

I wouldn't say gashed, but yeah Green Ellis had a nice with 117 and 2 TD, Jets did ok, and Mia did ok - and thats it. Dallas didn't do anything. And they ARE revitalized.

Also two of Eli's masterpieces vs Minny were in NJ. It's just one of those goofy things in sports - he sux when he plays the Vikes.

Its fortunate for gents that game got moved to Monday night.

Vikes are this years late season spoilers (take note Bearcub & Iggles fans)

Damn dome. :thumbsdown:

Now the gents actually have a chance.

Game should have been moved to Chicago not Detorilet. :thumbsdown:

Gents fans must be very worried (they are very quiet :sleep: ), and they should be worried, even with INTJax starting. With the gents having knocked so many QB's out this year, we could see Joe Webb tonight also. He's pretty good ;)

Let the interception fest begin! INTJax vs ElINT!

...and the door is closed. The Vikes will score some points late because the Giants seem to shut it down after they have a decent lead, but the GMEN have this game well in hand.

...and the door is closed. The Vikes will score some points late because the Giants seem to shut it down after they have a decent lead, but the GMEN have this game well in hand.

Not with Jackson at QB. Nothing has changed. He still sux :thumbsdown:

I'd rather see the rookie Joe Webb in there. :thumbsup:

Gents certainly don't look that great either.

Tavaris is decent, he just needs time to practice with the starters some more. I think the Vikings' offense might be pretty good next season if Tavaris can lean on the running game and produce a few big plays. He's like a poor man's Vick. At least the Giants' running game is looking pretty strong, except for the last few runs. Bradshaw is such an animal. Glad I've been driving his bandwagon for a few years now.

Yeah- they look awful. Over 160 yards on the ground against the #4 rush D... :rolleyes:

You hate NY...I get it, but try to show some objectivity.

Yeah- they look awful. Over 160 yards on the ground against the #4 rush D... :rolleyes:

You hate NY...I get it, but try to show some objectivity.

Yeah they had a couple of nice long runs and their D looks good. Of course that is against a horrible offense led by Tavaris Jackson and now Joe Webb. Vikings look like the Minnesota Gophers on O :thumbsdown:

Good luck in the playoffs Gents fans. Your QB doesn't look much better than Jackson though. He better turn things around or you are looking at a first round loss in the playoffs.

Right now it looks like Philly, Atlanta, or New Orleans will represent the NFC in the SB.

I believe this Gents win makes the FudgePackers the 8th seed presently? :thumbsup:

Feels good to be right...looking forward to a great game next week against the Eagles.

Giants are going to run the ball real well again next week, just watch!

I wonder if Samuel will be ready for the game?