Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Blaine Gabbert to enter NFL Draft

per MU athletic department

The Redskins would be the perfect scenario for Blaine Gabbert. He would be going to Mike Shanahan, who has done a solid job with quarterbacks in his day, and with Donovan McNabb likely leaving there wouldn't be much competition for him.

Maybe the top-ranked QB with Luck possibly staying. This could be a desperate move with the pending lockout. Carolina won't spend the #1 overall on him.

Thanks for the report. I missed this one.

The Redskins would be the perfect scenario for Blaine Gabbert. He would be going to Mike Shanahan, who has done a solid job with quarterbacks in his day, and with Donovan McNabb likely leaving there wouldn't be much competition for him.

Maybe the top-ranked QB with Luck possibly staying. This could be a desperate move with the pending lockout. Carolina won't spend the #1 overall on him.

this is breaking, a press conference is to be held tomorrow

As a Skins fan, I pray we don't spend a 1st round pick on a QB. Trade down and pick up some much needed youth. We have holes all over the place: O Line is thin, WR is nonexistant, QB sucks, Corners suck, need some d-line depth. We just have so many holes to fill on an aging team, and I have no faith in Shanahan's ability to draft and develop a QB.

Dudes got ALOT to work on. Definitely has the size, speed, and arm strength, but goshdammit his happyfeet and poor downfield accuracy wound up Fing Mizzou out of a Big12 Championship and BCS berth. Free Chase Daniel.

Dudes got ALOT to work on. Definitely has the size, speed, and arm strength, but goshdammit his happyfeet and poor downfield accuracy wound up Fing Mizzou out of a Big12 Championship and BCS berth. Free Chase Daniel.

I've only watched him play once (against Iowa in this year's bowl game) but I thought his poise in the pocket and accuracy on deep passes were pretty nice.

Spread offense QB's are always a concern and his decision making wasnt the greatest. He intrigues me, I can see why his stock is rising.

I've only watched him play once (against Iowa in this year's bowl game) but I thought his poise in the pocket and accuracy on deep passes were pretty nice.

Spread offense QB's are always a concern and his decision making wasnt the greatest. He intrigues me, I can see why his stock is rising.

Agreed he looked comfortable for most of the Iowa game, but there were times this year where he just looked frantic when he had all the time in the world. Texas Tech and their 110th ranked DEF made him look awful.

Agreed with the positives and negatives already put out there. He looked great at the Oklahoma game but not so good against Tech.

He'll be training with Kurt Warner in Phoenix through April. His pro day will feature passing to both Maclin and Danario Alexander and Chase Daniel will be his rookie sponsor.

Really cool stuff for a kid literally up the street from us. One of my groomsmen has known him since he was about 6 so watched him grow up since day one. My buddy said his little brother might be better than him though.

My buddy said his little brother might be better than him though.

yeah, isn't he committed somehwere?

Tyler goes to Mizzou and was redshirted this year. He'll be competing for the starting gig next year. The word Ive always heard is that Blaine is the better QB of the two.

yeah, isn't he committed somehwere?

He had committed to Nebraska but Blaine and his dad talked him into going to Mizzou. I was impressed by Blaine's backup this season, in his few appearances he reminded me of Brad Smith so I wonder if he'll start next year while Tyler "develops"?

Essentially the same stats as Jake Locker this year. Actually, I think Locker had 17 TD and 9 INT vs Gabbert's 16/9. In a spread offense. Yet Locker is plummeting down draft boards and some people think Gabbert is Top 10 material.

Don't get me wrong. Locker's not making it as an NFL QB either. But it just shows how ridiculous the public is when an under-the-radar name starts being touted by the talking hairdos.

Anyone that uses a Top 25 pick on either of these guys is out of their minds.

Can somebody splain to me how this guy just shot up to the #2 rated QB behind Luck? It seemed like most things I've read had Newton, Mallet and Locker behind Luck with no mention of Gabby. Now, all of a sudden he's riding the hype train to a top 5 pick.:dunno:

Can somebody splain to me how this guy just shot up to the #2 rated QB behind Luck? It seemed like most things I've read had Newton, Mallet and Locker behind Luck with no mention of Gabby. Now, all of a sudden he's riding the hype train to a top 5 pick.:dunno:

He hasn't yet. Just the Mel Kipers and Todd McShay's of the world doing their thing.

He hasn't yet. Just the Mel Kipers and Todd McShay's of the world doing their thing.

And the fish with the hooks set firmly in their mouths.

the jury is obviously still out and who knows how everything will fall. With that said, I could easily see Gabbert grading out well at the combine. He definitely has the size for a pro QB, and he just has a rocket for an arm. Like someone mentioned above he is working out with Kurt Warner, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up following a decent combine performance just on intangibles.

Living in St. Louis and following Mizzou very closely, I can tell you, I would not take him in the first round. He has incredibly poor accuracy on mid range routes (15 yards) and he is downright pathetic with his deep ball. I can't see an NFL defense respecting his arm simply because he couldn't hit a WR streaking down the sideline, regardless of whether or not he's covered. He has the size scouts drool over, but size doesn't equal NFL success. I think he is Fool's Gold and predict he will be a total and complete bust in the NFL. God forbid someone blitz him. He gets happy feet and starts dancing. If he gets hit, he acts like he was just crushed by a truck or something. A huge baby. He was in the perfect system (spread offense) at Mizzou. He doesn't take snaps under center and he had an excellent offensive team and coach at Mizzou. He will likely go to a team in need of offensive help and he isn't ready. Whoever drafts him needs to sit him for two years or he won't last 3 years in the league.