Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

If Kolb goes to ARI... what does tha tlook like for Fitzgerald?

Great posting. :cheers:

ETA: For the record, I go Calvin, Andre, Roddy, Fitz, Wayne, Jennings, Nicks, Austin, Wallace...

I'm all in for Calvin #1 this year too. I'm not on board with Wayne like you are but I can agree with almost every other name. I'd consider putting VJax in that group with Nicks, Jennings, Wallace, and Austin.

Are you a puppet. Do you think those rankings were based on him being a back up to M.Vick or the starting QB for the Cardinals?

I assumed he was accidentally overlooked; it happens. He had a projection last week as a backup. And I'm a puppeteer.

I assumed he was accidentally overlooked; it happens. He had a projection last week as a backup. And I'm a puppeteer.

With all the post I figured you were. I was thinking there is NO way a FFTODAY geek, would think Kolb in 'Zona would not finish a top 20 QB!

With all the post I figured you were. I was thinking there is NO way a FFTODAY geek, would think Kolb in 'Zona would not finish a top 20 QB!

I have Kolb ranked 15th QB for the 2011 season and I made my rankings back in December anticipating Kolb would be traded to Arizona. :headbanger:

Theres no way Kolb finishes top 20. Hes that bad.

I am hereby making a declaration on this forum. I will make a wager with anyone out there that kolb doesnt finish as a top 20 qb. the stakes are pride..i simply get to be right, and will post or sig anything the winner wants if I am wrong. stipulations...

Injuries count. Part of this is that hes so weak of mind AND body that he prob wont even end the year on his feet, so if he gets hurt, i still win. he gets yanked for some bum, I win. A simple look at a consensus list of top 20 qbs after week 17 will be the dtermining factor. Who will accept?

I am hereby making a declaration on this forum. I will make a wager with anyone out there that kolb doesnt finish as a top 20 qb. the stakes are pride..i simply get to be right, and will post or sig anything the winner wants if I am wrong. stipulations...

Injuries count. Part of this is that hes so weak of mind AND body that he prob wont even end the year on his feet, so if he gets hurt, i still win. he gets yanked for some bum, I win. A simple look at a consensus list of top 20 qbs after week 17 will be the dtermining factor. Who will accept?

While I don't believe he'll be a top 10 QB, I think he's capable of putting up top 15 numbers. I really haven't a chance yet to crunch #'s and do any projections, but I might be game for that bet.

I'll take that bet. I think this kid has more sand than people realize. Being from Texas, I remember him blowing up down the road at Stephenville High School. Sure, in College he played Conference USA ball at Houston, but at least dude was winging it. He started from day one, in fact was the first true freshman to do so at that school. Granted it's not saying much, but 3,000 yds and 25 TDs as a true freshman is impressive even at a community college.

He didn't miss a lot of games in college, but more importantly played in a pro style passing offense. I believe he finished something like 5th alltime passing for Div I schools, I mean dude was winging it. Now he's in the desert playing for Kurt Warner's old team.

I don't really put a lot of stock in his popularity among Philly fans. I mean, he didn't play much and they're a pretty disgruntled bunch anyhow. But here's the important things to consider:

1) This is his 5th season, he's held a clip board and studied the NFL game.

2) When he DID play he didn't play horribly. Philly fans probably remember that nice game he had against KC playing for an injured McNabb a couple years back.

3) Suffering a concussion to Clay Matthews and losing your job to Michael Vick with the way Vick played last year is really nothing to be ashamed about.

I think this kid is ready to be an NFL QB right now, and is going to blow up in the desert. :pointstosky:

I understand. But you're assuming he turns into a complete WR.

102 targets last year ranks 28th among all WR's.

60 catches last year ranks 31st among all WR's.

10 TD's with only one of them coming inside the red zone.

Only 10 red zone targets total.

He's just as much a candidate to regress as he is to take the next step.

Fitz, Nicks, and Jennings all have him beaten in the total targets, red zone targets, and red zone TD's which tells me they're all considered more often by their teams. Just look at how many 2 and 3 reception games Wallace had.

You may very well be correct but you're taking every bit as much a leap of faith on Wallace becoming more of a complete WR as you are when saying Nicks may have injury time off and Jennings may regress because of Finley. And also, assuming Pitt has an easy schedule based on 2010 defensive statistics is also a leap of faith.

No offense....just stating the facts. Wallace is easy to fall in love with because he's so explosive.

Very well put JB... good stuff.

Re: Fitz -- I'm high on him with Kolb at the helm if anything for the simple reason others have alluded to -- he put up decent numbers last year with junior varsity QBs slinging the pigskin.

I'll take that bet. I think this kid has more sand than people realize. Being from Texas, I remember him blowing up down the road at Stephenville High School. Sure, in College he played Conference USA ball at Houston, but at least dude was winging it. He started from day one, in fact was the first true freshman to do so at that school. Granted it's not saying much, but 3,000 yds and 25 TDs as a true freshman is impressive even at a community college.

He didn't miss a lot of games in college, but more importantly played in a pro style passing offense. I believe he finished something like 5th alltime passing for Div I schools, I mean dude was winging it. Now he's in the desert playing for Kurt Warner's old team.

I don't really put a lot of stock in his popularity among Philly fans. I mean, he didn't play much and they're a pretty disgruntled bunch anyhow. But here's the important things to consider:

1) This is his 5th season, he's held a clip board and studied the NFL game.

2) When he DID play he didn't play horribly. Philly fans probably remember that nice game he had against KC playing for an injured McNabb a couple years back.

3) Suffering a concussion to Clay Matthews and losing your job to Michael Vick with the way Vick played last year is really nothing to be ashamed about.

I think this kid is ready to be an NFL QB right now, and is going to blow up in the desert. :pointstosky:

Accepted.