Sign in to follow this  
joeshushu

ESPN Fantasy Draft Special

Get it while it's hot. Make you the envy of your league. :lol:

Just turned it on :unsure:

One thing i dont like about ESPN is it seems they only talk about 10 team leagues. But i do like reading Mathew Berry's Love/Hate :thumbsup:

These shows are way below us. It is for women and doofs. Kinda like fantasy football mags. I am glad they are around to give doofs something to hang their hat on.

:music_guitarred:

Just posted air times for this (replays) on the league site. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not near the elitist that most prefer to portray here. I'd rather watch this and/or read anything and everything online in the hopes that even one tenth of it is useful information, that I might find one nugget of value.

More importantly, the more your see, hear, or even read, the better prepared you are to make your own damn decision!

I know, I know...crazy thought!

But enjoy looking down your nose at everything if you like. I'm sure your leaguemates appreciate your willful ignorance.

the problem with these shows is that all they ever seem to talk extensively about are the studs. them arguing in what order to take the top 4 or 5 guys....worthless tv IMO. tell me why DMC was ranked 12th among RBs, now that would be an interesting chat. or discussing whether to take a rb, wr, or qb at 10. last time i did any league size research, i thought 12 teams leagues were the most common. not sure why they are going with 10 teams. IMO teams team leagues are a whole different animal from 12 teams simple because the talent hasnt all been eaten up late in the draft in smaller league. i thnk 12 team leagues is when you really have to make decisions late.

as soon as these shows start debating between the big names, i know it worthless. as experts, they should be able to tell us more than just who the top players are. one show only ranked 5 TEs, as if everyone in FF didnt already know who the top 5 or 6 are.

the problem with these shows is that all they ever seem to talk extensively about are the studs. them arguing in what order to take the top 4 or 5 guys....worthless tv IMO. tell me why DMC was ranked 12th among RBs, now that would be an interesting chat. or discussing whether to take a rb, wr, or qb at 10. last time i did any league size research, i thought 12 teams leagues were the most common. not sure why they are going with 10 teams. IMO teams team leagues are a whole different animal from 12 teams simple because the talent hasnt all been eaten up late in the draft in smaller league. i thnk 12 team leagues is when you really have to make decisions late.

as soon as these shows start debating between the big names, i know it worthless. as experts, they should be able to tell us more than just who the top players are. one show only ranked 5 TEs, as if everyone in FF didnt already know who the top 5 or 6 are.

They do it b/c it's easy (like you didn't already know). Talking about 10-team leagues means you don't have to go the extra mile and you can still sound intelligent, especially if the audience doesn't complain. I can tell you from my time at ESPN (production assistant) that everything is star-driven, not story-driven. (Shocking, I know.) The other thing that was hinted there quite often was "dumbing it down" for the audience. They sometimes like to say "stars move the meter", so they won't discuss the merits of drafting Antonio Brown over Donald Driver because Brown isn't a star until they say he is. And Brown isn't going to move the meter now, so they won't talk about him.

About the 10-team leagues, I totaly agree. I've been playing this fine game for close to 15 years and the only time I can remember being in a 10-team league is when my family and friends league can't find two more.

I'm not near the elitist that most prefer to portray here. I'd rather watch this and/or read anything and everything online in the hopes that even one tenth of it is useful information, that I might find one nugget of value.

More importantly, the more your see, hear, or even read, the better prepared you are to make your own damn decision!

I know, I know...crazy thought!

But enjoy looking down your nose at everything if you like. I'm sure your leaguemates appreciate your willful ignorance.

I'm with you. I'm in a dynasty league and was thinking that Dwyer might be someone I might want since I also have Mendenhall. Then I saw him play, and realized he's fat and slow.