Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Any update on best concussion?

Do you still like him guru?

I do, but I want to see the game on NFL Network tomorrow afternoon and this coming weekend's game before I really pound the table for him. I saw on the highlights last night that he got stripped in the pile pretty easily (which just can't happen), but I want to see the play he got injured on before I say anything too bold one way or the other. I do have a ton of respect for the kid though b/c as I said in another Best thread, the manner in which he sustained his injuries (landing on the back of his head from about 6-7 feet in the air on a dive into the end zone gone bad in his final season at Cal and dual turf toes last year) isn't likely to be repeated, so I believe this is a tough kid we are talking about. And let's keep in mind that at far less than 100% with a below-average o-line, he still had a handful of explosive runs and caught 44 balls after his first turf toe injury.

But again, I'll look at the tape tomorrow and see if anything changes my mind.

My league mates were very hesitant to take him tonight in our draft(even though we are a PPR league)...He fell all the way to me in the mid-5th round (14 team, ppr draft). So, I'm hoping the concussion is no big deal & he can stay on the field this season...If he can do that, I may have gotten the SOTD.

My league mates were very hesitant to take him tonight in our draft(even though we are a PPR league)...He fell all the way to me in the mid-5th round (14 team, ppr draft). So, I'm hoping the concussion is no big deal & he can stay on the field this season...If he can do that, I may have gotten the SOTD.

Jahvid Best (head) is not practicing Sunday.

We tend to believe that Best did indeed sustain a concussion in Friday night's game after coach Jim Schwartz acknowledged that he was "woozy." Considering the severe concussion that ended his Cal career, it's a good sign that this concussion was on the mild side. Expect him to return to practice later this week.

Source: Chris McCosky on Twitter

Aug 21, 2:43 PM

Id say Chris Henry.

Oh.....you mean the Jahvid Best concussion.....not who had the best concussion. Ok....got it. :)

With any concussion, why would you want to rush him back the next week if it is only pre-season?

I found this in a pre-draft, NFL combine article about the new crop of RB's coming into the league.

Best also missed eight games, including four to close last season with concussions suffered in back-to-back games. A year ago, he had elbow and foot operations.

"Yeah, he's worried about it," said one scout who has talked to Best about the concussions. "Plus, he has a muscle going down from his neck to his leg that bothers him. That's my reservation on Best. He's coming in all beat up."

I would not be concerned about this injury to Best, had I not known that this kid has a history of them. So color me concerned.

Jahvid Best (concussion) returned to Lions practice on Wednesday.

"He had fresh legs," said coach Jim Schwartz. "He passed all his (tests). I know we have no real major concerns that he wouldn't pass ... He looked good." Best will be held out of the third preseason game as a precaution, but fantasy owners shouldn't be worried about the minor concussion when they draft.

Source: MLive.com

Aug 24 - 3:13 PM

I just drafted Jerome Harrison in the 13th round. If Best goes down, he's money with Detroit.

Good job Gep. I took Best in the 6th & grabbed Harrison with my last pick (16th). I am completely sure Harrison can fill the role if needed.