Sign in to follow this  
southcarolina

Who will be this years Carolina Panthers?

My very first FFToday thread....awwww.....

Last year a fella could make a pretty clean living picking up free agent defenses if they happened to be playing the Panthers that week. In standard Yahoo league scoring, the Panthers averaged giving up 13.19 points to the opposing defense, and gave up 12 or more points an astounding 12 times in 16 games. I know there were many reasons for this...injuries on the OL and to their RBs, horrible QB play, Steve Smith dropping off a cliff and no other experienced WRs, and a lame duck coaching staff. But week in and week out it was gold.

So who is going to be that streaming defense gold mine this season? I know Robb posted his consolidated list of fan ratings of offenses, and had Cincy, Buffalo, Washington and Carolina all tied for worst with a rating of 2 out of 10. Its early as far as injuries go, but are any teams offenses just stinking up the joint? Are any of these four distinguishing themselves as particularly bad? Anyone have any inside info?

I want to say Cincy is going to suck this year, but even with a rookie QB, they will still have Jerome Simpson, Jordan Shipley, Jermain Gresham, possibly AJ Green, plus a serviceable RB in Benson.

Buffalo has weapons....Fitzgerald, Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson arent awful....maybe CJ Spiller figures the NFL out....

Washington might be the worst talent wise, with Grossman/Beck throwing to Santana Moss and Chris Cooley and a 12 headed RBBC-monster in the backfield....but then Mike Shanahan is a genius, right?

The Panthers should be tons healthier, brought in more experience at TE (Olsen, Shockey) and WR (Legadu Naane) and their QB play cant be any worse than last year can it?

Anyone outside of those 4? Seattle? Jacksonville? Cleveland?

So who is it? Which team will not just suck, but suck at historic levels? Which team will have managers scrambling for their next opponent's defense?

Last year a fella could make a pretty clean living picking up free agent defenses if they happened to be playing the Panthers that week. In standard Yahoo league scoring, the Panthers averaged giving up 13.19 points to the opposing defense, and gave up 12 or more points an astounding 12 times in 16 games. I know there were many reasons for this...injuries on the OL and to their RBs, horrible QB play, Steve Smith dropping off a cliff and no other experienced WRs, and a lame duck coaching staff. But week in and week out it was gold.

So who is going to be that streaming defense gold mine this season? I know Robb posted his consolidated list of fan ratings of offenses, and had Cincy, Buffalo, Washington and Carolina all tied for worst with a rating of 2 out of 10. Its early as far as injuries go, but are any teams offenses just stinking up the joint? Are any of these four distinguishing themselves as particularly bad? Anyone have any inside info?

I want to say Cincy is going to suck this year, but even with a rookie QB, they will still have Jerome Simpson, Jordan Shipley, Jermain Gresham, possibly AJ Green, plus a serviceable RB in Benson.

Buffalo has weapons....Fitzgerald, Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson arent awful....maybe CJ Spiller figures the NFL out....

Washington might be the worst talent wise, with Grossman/Beck throwing to Santana Moss and Chris Cooley and a 12 headed RBBC-monster in the backfield....but then Mike Shanahan is a genius, right?

The Panthers should be tons healthier, brought in more experience at TE (Olsen, Shockey) and WR (Legadu Naane) and their QB play cant be any worse than last year can it?

So who is it? Which team will not just suck, but suck at historic levels? Which team will have managers scrambling for their next opponent's defense?

Bengals, and I don't think it's even close.

I think you mean Fitzpatrick with the Bills. They should be fine

I think the Panthers are still going to suck and the Bungles will be pretty bad.

I think the 49ers are actually playing for the #1 pick. There's a couple bad teams that might get in the way of that, but none the less... I can't think of any other reason why they would keep Alex Smith.

Every QB needy team is going to be in the andrew luck sweep stakes. My bet is on seattle sabotaging the season.

Thanks for the "call out"!

If I had to pick one sucky team this year on offense........Washington Redskins.

Who 'da got there? No QB, yes, a 12-headed poor set of running backs, an old non-retired Moss. There best offensive player may be their punter! JMO.

Shouldn't this thread be named " who will land Andrew Luck next year?"