Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

James Starks?

Supposedly, Grant was getting cut & asked to be retained at the veteran minimum to stay with GB. I guess this means that Starks is THE man in GB.

From CBS RapidReports

Grant's contract may spell end for Nance

Despite a good camp for Dimitri Nance, the writing appears to be on the wall: It’s unlikely he’ll make the 53-man roster. Nance is the fourth halfback behind James Starks, Ryan Grant and Alex Green, and, with the glut of talent at WR and TE, it’s doubtful the Packers will keep more than that. There was speculation Grant would be cut in favor of Nance, but Grant took a $1 million pay cut to stay. Packers RapidReports

From CBS RapidReports

I was high on Starks last year when he was under the radar. After watching him play towards the end of the year and through the playoffs, I was not impressed. Granted the guy hadn't played football in over two years but that offense doesn't need any real quality in the backfield. They wont the Superbowl with a bunch of tier 5 guys and that offense will be the new version of the Colts where everything will continue to go through Rodgers. They proved the experts wrong about needing a run game when it gets colder and in the playoffs. And yes he did have a couple of okay games but that's with defenses focusing on the passing game.

I still think Grant regains his form and becomes the work horse there. He knows it which is why he took a pay cut to stay, if Grant stays healthy he has better vision at this point than Starks and will regain his #1 spot. I still don't think the packers will have a 1000yd guy but Grant will be a great RB3 borderline RB2 if things fall right.

That's not the way I see it. I think GB is so sold on Starks, that they decided Grant was expendable.

I hope they move forward with Starks, for the sake of my dynasty team. If Starks gets that gig, I'm freakin LOADED at RB. :headbanger:

I've heard rumblings for awhile that Starks was the best option on the roster. The only thing he needs to keep working on is blocking. Other than that I've heard he has the better burst of the two RB's.

I'm hoping nothing comes out before drafts. I fully plan on taking Starks as my fifth RB.

That's not the way I see it. I think GB is so sold on Starks, that they decided Grant was expendable.

So expendable that they guaranteed his salary for the year after lowering it $1mil.

They liked Grant...they apparently did not like him at $3.5 million.

But don't be fooled...he will be the guy, at least to start the season. I expect Starks to see the majority of the carries by year end (unless Green takes off even more). But it will still be RBBC with Grant and Starks this year.

Grant gone next year when his contract is up. Starks and Green the guys next year with another back drafted later in the draft next year as the 3rd guy.

FWIW, I watched the GB-IND game last night and can say, for at least one game, Starks was the more impressive of the two. If the game was any indication of what the Packers are seeing in practice each game, there is a distinct chance that Starks will overtake Grant sooner than later. As such, I think I'll be avoiding Grant unless he really slips in my drafts and eyeing Starks in the 8-9th round area as a RB4 option. He's worth at least that much now and showed good enough hands last night that he'll hold some value in PPR leagues.

So expendable that they guaranteed his salary for the year after lowering it $1mil.

They liked Grant...they apparently did not like him at $3.5 million.

But don't be fooled...he will be the guy, at least to start the season. I expect Starks to see the majority of the carries by year end (unless Green takes off even more). But it will still be RBBC with Grant and Starks this year.

Grant gone next year when his contract is up. Starks and Green the guys next year with another back drafted later in the draft next year as the 3rd guy.

:thumbsup: I think you nailed it, especially about Starks later in the year and Starks/Green next year. Grant knows this is his last year with GB.