Sign in to follow this  
Boston_Diablo

#3 pick owners unite!

24 hours ago, I was all set to take Ray Rice in my 1/2 PPR league. Now, due to Foster's hammy, I see AP and RR going 1, 2 in our upcoming draft. That leaves:

- Foster: Injury concern (will need to draft the handcuff)

- Chaarles: As long as TJ is there, I do not see him being a top 5 scorer

- CJ: You know all about him...

So everyone in this spot now, what do you do?

I'm expecting it to go Foster then RR in my PPR league so i'll be more than happy to take ADP at 3, he looks real nice this year even behind that patchwork line.

I was about to create this thread; I draft in 45 minutes.

It is a cheap/family league, but the trash-talking at holidays is worth something.

This Packer homer is thinking about Rodgers. :shocking: :overhead:

I believe the premise is that RR & AP are gone

I don't draft until next week, so for now am still leaning towards Foster (premise above correct :-))... Drafting today though... I think you still need to go with Foster and draft Tate as well. How big is your family league? If 10 or less, you might be able to get away with Rodgers and still get a useful RB1 on the way back around.

Ive got draft at 4pm and we pull our draft position when we get there so i hope like hell i dont have 3-7 now :nono:

Ill take Foster before i take CJ right now. When or if CJ comes back he will pull his hammy too but it will happen in the middle of season atleast Foster has 2 weeks to get healthy and he have the dreeded "gametime decision" for now

Well, if you don't trust Foster, CJ or Charles, may I suggest McCoy? I realize that this is a stretch, but as long as Vick stays healthy, McCoy can reach 1100 yards, catch about 75 balls and score around 9 or 10 TD's. Not too bad without the headaches of hammy pulls and touch schedules. I have the #4 pick and am looking at McCoy in my full point PPR.

'Nutz

You did say PPR, right?

Why dont throw a wrench into it and get Andre the beast Johnson. I am thinking of doing that myself...but it is hard to pass on one of the RB studs.

I'd rate top 5 all considered:

Foster

Peterson

Charles

Rice

CJ

You're top 5 RBs in PPR are ...

We just pulled for draft spots and i got 3 damn it. We about to start :unsure:

Not bad start to draft i dont think

#1-Rice

#2-Calvin Johnson

#3-Larry Fitzgerald :banana:

Well i might have just made a dumb pick. Not surprising but of all the RB, WR and TE left there wasnt one i really could care about getting until late. So picked Stafford in the 7th round when i had already taken Romo in 4th round. I wanted to get Pierre Thomas but the went first pick in 7th.

1-Rice

2-Calvin Johnson

3-Fitzgerald

4-Romo

5-BJGE

6-Steve Johnson

7-Stafford :unsure:

My gut is that Charles is the one you DON'T draft. Just have a bad feeling about that offense.

First off, great thread for us #3 guys who now seem SCREWED! But I agree with the quote above, where was JC last night in the KC game? Nowhere to be found!!!!

Well i might have just made a dumb pick. Not surprising but of all the RB, WR and TE left there wasnt one i really could care about getting until late. So picked Stafford in the 7th round when i had already taken Romo in 4th round. I wanted to get Pierre Thomas but the went first pick in 7th.

1-Rice

2-Calvin Johnson

3-Fitzgerald

4-Romo

5-BJGE

6-Steve Johnson

yeah, you messed up. drafting a QB in 1-4 is a commitment, and you have to shape the later rounds around that. but it's done now, so bounce back!

1-Rice

2-Calvin Johnson

3-Fitzgerald

4-Romo

5-BJGE

6-Steve Johnson

How did you get Calvin and Fitz? In my draft, I have #3 pick and I know both Calvin and Fitz will be gone by the time I pick Rd 2.

How did you get Calvin and Fitz? In my draft, I have #3 pick and I know both Calvin and Fitz will be gone by the time I pick Rd 2.

I have no idea. RBs fly off the board and by time i picked in 3rd all decent were gone. But the rest of my team is not very good. Im already trying to trade Stafford. But my #2 RB is BJGE and then i dont even really have a damn #3 RB. But i got 3 good WR in CJ, Fitz and Steve Johnson in 6th round.

I have no idea. RBs fly off the board and by time i picked in 3rd all decent were gone. But the rest of my team is not very good. Im already trying to trade Stafford. But my #2 RB is BJGE and then i dont even really have a damn #3 RB. But i got 3 good WR in CJ, Fitz and Steve Johnson in 6th round.

Just curious, where did Ryan Mathews go?

just went

1-AP

2-Foster

3-Rice :banana:

:banana:

Welcome to the club! Rice will be an absolute BEAST!

Not bad start to draft i dont think

#1-Rice

#2-Calvin Johnson

#3-Larry Fitzgerald :banana:

DAMN! NICE!

I got Rice, Megatron, Nicks! Very similar Pat! Great job bro! :banana:

Same thing happened in my draft. Just about everyone went RB/RB in the first 2 rounds.

Just curious, where did Ryan Mathews go?

Mathews went at the end of round 3 #36 overall. The guy in the 12 hole took Mathews and then Reggie Wayne.

Drafted Friday in our 10 man PPR redraft league (9th Year)

1. Charles (Shocked!)

2. AD

3. Rice (Me)

4. Chris Johnson

5. Foster