Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

James Starks Week 4 Outlook

Where is everyone on Starks right now. He has a great matchup vs Denver and he was pencilled into my lineup until we started to get reports on Grant's health and increased carries.

Are you guys flexing or :bench: ing him?

In consideration for my (non ppr) flex currently:

Starks/Olsen/Burleson/D. Nelson

Where is everyone on Starks right now. He has a great matchup vs Denver and he was pencilled into my lineup until we started to get reports on Grant's health and increased carries.

Tough choice dude, here's the latest on Grant..

The Packers held Ryan Grant (bruised kidney) out of Wednesday's practice.

Grant was in attendance to soak in the game plan, however, and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is tentatively expecting him to play against the Broncos. Grant's recovery is worth tracking all week. He'd be a workable flex option in this matchup, but James Starks would be a feature back if Grant missed the game.

- Rotoworld

If Grant misses week 4, well yeah, Starks is a no brainer. You do have some other decent options though. I think Olsen is definitely catching onto the system in CAR and not coincidentally is catching more balls. He also has a nice match-up this week. I'd stay away from Burelson and Nelson seeing as how there ceilings are 8 points in non PPR for the week.

Tough choice dude, here's the latest on Grant..

The Packers held Ryan Grant (bruised kidney) out of Wednesday's practice.

Grant was in attendance to soak in the game plan, however, and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is tentatively expecting him to play against the Broncos. Grant's recovery is worth tracking all week. He'd be a workable flex option in this matchup, but James Starks would be a feature back if Grant missed the game.

- Rotoworld

If Grant misses week 4, well yeah, Starks is a no brainer. You do have some other decent options though. I think Olsen is definitely catching onto the system in CAR and not coincidentally is catching more balls. He also has a nice match-up this week. I'd stay away from Burelson and Nelson seeing as how there ceilings are 8 points in non PPR for the week.

That is the only way it makes sense to start Starks.

He and Grant will be hit and miss as long as they are both active.

:wall:

I have no idea. I'm in the same boat. I am in a PPR league though. Right now I have Olsen penciled in over Starks (think my brain may have fallen out but TEs have had pretty good games against the Bears so far this year.

My other options are: Lynch (why the eff did I draft this guy?) :thumbsdown: or Garcon. If Painter ends up starting I may seriously consider Garcon. And I guess I'll wait out the week to see what is going on with Grant's broken kidney. I really want to win this week and I think this decision is going to make or break me.

If I were you though, I'd probably start Burleson or Nelson over Starks in a heartbeat.

Bruised Kidney could be a serious matter.

For the sake of R. Grant and his life, i think they sit him this week. Even if he plays, i think they limit him. This game should be over by the half.

Start Starks with confidence.

My interpretation from Starks last week anomaly to Grant resurgence is McCarthys trying to get the most out of both his backs. His comments regarding Grant and his need to get more touches are a little discouraging as a Starks owner, but I can see Starks more motivated than ever to regain his majority. The question then becomes if he is given the opportunity. I don't plan on playing him unless Grant is out of the lineup. From all the comments coming from the team and Grants last game, you have to assume they want to give Grant more of the touches.

From today's practice report

McCarthy on the injuries: Grant and Bulaga will be hard-pressed to play. Both want to give it a try Sunday, but the medical staff isn't confident either will be ready. Grant's injury requires special protocol because of it being an internal injury.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/130719498.html

:wall:

I have no idea. I'm in the same boat. I am in a PPR league though. Right now I have Olsen penciled in over Starks (think my brain may have fallen out but TEs have had pretty good games against the Bears so far this year.

My other options are: Lynch (why the eff did I draft this guy?) :thumbsdown: or Garcon. If Painter ends up starting I may seriously consider Garcon. And I guess I'll wait out the week to see what is going on with Grant's broken kidney. I really want to win this week and I think this decision is going to make or break me.

If I were you though, I'd probably start Burleson or Nelson over Starks in a heartbeat.

Painter loves Garcon, he's definitely worth considering. Also I think Olsen > Burleson/Nelson this week.

Painter loves Garcon, he's definitely worth considering. Also I think Olsen > Burleson/Nelson this week.

Would you still start olsen over starks if grant sits this week? I think I may be getting off the starks bandwagon with all the talk coming out of GB.

Would you still start olsen over starks if grant sits this week? I think I may be getting off the starks bandwagon with all the talk coming out of GB.

Don't you feel like you'd be obligated to start Starks? He'd be one of the very few workhorse RBs, at least for this week. The match-up is nice too. I really like Olsen vs. CHI but not more than Starks working on all 1rst, 2nd and 3rd downs against DEN.

if grant doesnt go stephen jackson or james starks?

leaning jackson.

these are the types of questions you ask yourself after your top picks blown out his knee.

Great info everyone.

Right now. with these new reports, it appears Grant may be held out or limited if he is a go. That is enough for me to give Starks the nod against Denver.

If not I'm 55-45 on Olsen/Burleson.

Bears Cover 2 is typically friendly to tes' and I'm sure Carolina gameplans him to have opportunities against his old team.

Dallas' secondary is still awful so I could see Burleson having a good game and maybe scoring this week.

Don't you feel like you'd be obligated to start Starks? He'd be one of the very few workhorse RBs, at least for this week. The match-up is nice too. I really like Olsen vs. CHI but not more than Starks working on all 1rst, 2nd and 3rd downs against DEN.

Yea... I guess I would. But now talking through this if grant is playing I'm definitely sitting him. If he's out I'll start Starks... :lol:

If Grant is out I'm starting Starks with confidence - if not I'm picking between Meachem or Tolbert at the flex spot. My bigger question is whether to start Foster and/or Tate against PIT.

I have to decide between Starks and Finley for my flex.. If Grant is out I am leaning to Starks but if Grant plays then Finley for sure... Agree? Thoughts?

I have to decide between Starks and Finley for my flex.. If Grant is out I am leaning to Starks but if Grant plays then Finley for sure... Agree? Thoughts?

i agree

starks or stephen jackson or who knows man?

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/1123431/james-starks

Starks really disappointed Fantasy owners in Week 3, but it seems he has a path to redemption in Week 4. Even if Grant is active, you wonder how many carries he will get Sunday if he isn't 100 percent? If you are looking to start a Packers RB for Week 4, then Starks appears to be the leading candidate as of now. If anything changes, then we will let you know.

(Updated 09/28/2011).

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/492963/steven-jackson

The Rams know what they have in Jackson, so resting him during the week isn't a major issue in order for him to get closer to being 100 percent again. It's good to hear that they are going to increase his reps this week. How much, however, remains to be seen. Consider Jackson more of a No. 2 Fantasy RB for Week 4.

(Updated 09/28/2011).

my lineup changes twice daily.

Jermichael Finley? I think you start him regardless. You must have grabbed Gronk then, at TE, right? I can't imagine considering any other TE over him right now.

My thoughts: I have him in one league, and if Grant is out, I'll probably play him over Felix. One caution, though--don't forget how much run Kuhn got last year, occasionally getting a 10-12 touch day when it looked like it was going to be Brandon Jackson's show. The Packers like Starks a lot more than they liked Jackson, but Kuhn certainly has a shot at taking away some work on what otherwise might be a 20-carry day for Starks.